Diablo® III

0 DOG Guide - Updated P1.0.8 (10-18-13)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36457728/0_DOG_GUIDE/0_DOG_GUIDE.htm

I have updated the 0 Dog Guide for P1.0.8 (10-18-13). I have made several changes and additions to the guide. Please feel free to post if there is anything you feel should be changed or added.

hope this helps.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 10/18/2013 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I read your guide and I think you did a good job.

I do have something to point out to you. Your section on Armor concludes that armor resists only physical damage and not elemental damage. Everything I have seen says the exact opposite - armor resists all types of damage. So there is no difference in allres and armor except in the increments it protects you.

I'm sure others will read this and either confirm or deny it.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 2/6/2013 7:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
I read your guide and I think you did a good job.

I do have to point something to point out to you. Your section on Armor concludes that armor resists only physical damage and not elemental damage. Everything I have seen says the exact opposite - armor resists all types of damage. So there is no difference in allres and armor except in the increments it protects you.

I'm sure others will read this and either confirm or deny it.

Oh ok thats possible but from the research I found it works the way I described it but the sources I got my info from could very well be wrong. The only thing is if that is true I kinda dont see the point in having two different types of dmg reduction if they do the exact same thing, it just doesnt make sense but then again this is blizzard we are talking about so go figure. Let me know if this info is wrong and I will re update the guide.
Reply Quote
This is a thread that contains a damage reduction formula that I believe is still correct.

Also,if you hover over your total armor number in your inventory, the tool tip says that it reduces all damage from enemies the same level as you by xx%.

So I think you can put this one in the bank that it is in fact all kinds of damage.

Damage formula

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6522912395#1
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 2/6/2013 7:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi Heyguyslol,
i think you did a great job on the guide, but one thing i'd like to ask ,what is the ideal amount of Hp to handle mp10 mobs, i guess you've miss out the point there.
Hope to hear from you soon. Its hard to find gears like yours.
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Really nice of you to take the time to make a guide...i think you are the 0dog build everyone judges themselves against. If its not to much trouble could you point out a change to my gear that you would make/recommend that would have a nice impact. Im really looking for more dps. Thanks again for the guide its very helpful!
Reply Quote
Hi Heyguyslol,
i think you did a great job on the guide, but one thing i'd like to ask ,what is the ideal amount of Hp to handle mp10 mobs, i guess you've miss out the point there.
Hope to hear from you soon. Its hard to find gears like yours.
Thanks!

Yep i did miss that I will add that today but to answer your question I recommend u aim for about 75k-80k health for mp10. Basically you want a large health pool so you have more room to work with when taking dmg and healing. I have played with other 0 Dog players that are running 65k-70k health but I noticed they tend to die more often.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 2/6/2013 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is a thread that contains a damage reduction formula that I believe is still correct.

Also,if you hover over your total armor number in your inventory, the tool tip says that it reduces all damage from enemies the same level as you by xx%.

So I think you can put this one in the bank that it is in fact all kinds of damage.

Damage formula

I re-updated the guide concerning All Resist and Armor. Thx so much for helping me with this topic.
Reply Quote
hello friend iam consufed coz u have a different build than my other WD friend which is also running a 0dog, u said attack speed is important in survavility his build is only 1.90 attack speed and he has a 1,000AR unbuffed he said he get rid of addition attack speed for him to go with 1,000AR and he said he can survive better in mp10
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 10:03 PMPosted by frederick
hello friend iam consufed coz u have a different build than my other WD friend which is also running a 0dog, u said attack speed is important in survavility his build is only 1.90 attack speed and he has a 1,000AR unbuffed he said he get rid of addition attack speed for him to go with 1,000AR and he said he can survive better in mp10

I have not tested running MP10 with 1000 AR and low attack speed. My guide is simply that its a guide it doesn't mean you cant run with different specs, its meant to be used as a baseline for helping u build a 0 DOG spec.

However, I stand by my conclusion that the more attack speed you have the better survivability you will have. 2.0 as is the recommended baseline and you should always strive for more of coarse without sacrificing to heavily in other areas.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 2/6/2013 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks!

You've been my mentor for a long time heyguyslol :)

<3 my 0dog WD
Reply Quote
nice guide. i have a question. if i have 2 black weapon to choose, both with socket lifesteal, the first one have 50% CD and 2nd have aspd, which is better? 1st weapon=1.4aspd, 2nd=1.55. about the same dps.

on the other hands, pls add me fellow 0dog WD :)
Reply Quote
Great guide. I have a suggestion that you add a "how to shop"section. It can be very hard to look for the jewelry items on the ah and almost discouraged me from making a set until i found out the tricks.

SOJ > legendary armor, wd zd skill and bonus vs elites
Skull Grasp > legendary armor, wd zd skill attack speed (add loh if getting too many other items)
maras > legendary armor, wd zd skill, str, dex, vit
Reply Quote
nice guide. i have a question. if i have 2 black weapon to choose, both with socket lifesteal, the first one have 50% CD and 2nd have aspd, which is better? 1st weapon=1.4aspd, 2nd=1.55. about the same dps.

on the other hands, pls add me fellow 0dog WD :)

I would defiantly recommend the 2nd, 1.55 as. The faster u can cast the faster you will heal making you able to stand and tank more thus dealing more dmg. The more u have to move or kite the less time u will have to dps, thus dragging out the fight, make sense?
Reply Quote
Great guide. I have a suggestion that you add a "how to shop"section. It can be very hard to look for the jewelry items on the ah and almost discouraged me from making a set until i found out the tricks.

SOJ > legendary armor, wd zd skill and bonus vs elites
Skull Grasp > legendary armor, wd zd skill attack speed (add loh if getting too many other items)
maras > legendary armor, wd zd skill, str, dex, vit

Yep I agree that is something I should add to the guide. Ill try to get to it asap.
Reply Quote
Very good guide, have your WD bookmarked and used it as a guide when building mine.

Not yet complete, but 80% or so done.
Reply Quote
This is a very helpful guide to an awesome build. Can I check with other 0dog users here how do you guys bind your keys to keep summoning and exploding dogs without suffering from fingers pain especially in MP10 / prolong fights?

I prefer to bind 'mouse wheel up' to summon and 'mouse wheel down' to explode compared to pressing down key 1 and pressing key 2 repeatedly. Any better tips?
Reply Quote
This is a very helpful guide to an awesome build. Can I check with other 0dog users here how do you guys bind your keys to keep summoning and exploding dogs without suffering from fingers pain especially in MP10 / prolong fights?

I prefer to bind 'mouse wheel up' to summon and 'mouse wheel down' to explode compared to pressing down key 1 and pressing key 2 repeatedly. Any better tips?

I use keys 2 for summon and 3 for sac. So all I need to do is keep my 2 key pressed down all the time which continuously summons dogs and then spam my 3 key over and over for sac. You cannot hold down both keys at the same time for the sac to work, I've tried it.
Reply Quote
Posted this thread as your build link in the Index to Witch Doctor Builds and Guides
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486 stickied at the top of this forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]