Diablo® III

0 DOG Guide - Updated P1.0.8 (10-18-13)

04/27/2013 03:35 AMPosted by heyguyslol
I'd try to grab a pair of inna's pants with 9% as

Why Inna's pants? Is it just for the attack speed? I'd like to know because I lose some % protection and vitality if I use it.
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 09:24 AMPosted by CoffeeBlack
I'd try to grab a pair of inna's pants with 9% as

Why Inna's pants? Is it just for the attack speed? I'd like to know because I lose some % protection and vitality if I use it.

Attack speed on innas is invaluable, find some with 180 or mre vit.

By the way that there is no nice way to say this, you have a horrid amulet with no Crit chance. Find a double vit roll with 8-10 cc.
Reply Quote

By the way that there is no nice way to say this, you have a horrid amulet with no Crit chance. Find a double vit roll with 8-10 cc.

No worries, I welcome all constructive opinions on my gear. The amulet was farmed. I'm looking for a replacement right now. Your amulet cost as much as an attack speed one. What's your rationale when deciding on this amulet you got?
Reply Quote
Question to heyguyslol:

Have you ever tried to switch to mempo with crit chance at speed and use both soj and skull? does this give u better dps?
Reply Quote

No worries, I welcome all constructive opinions on my gear. The amulet was farmed. I'm looking for a replacement right now. Your amulet cost as much as an attack speed one. What's your rationale when deciding on this amulet you got?

After looking for a trifecta tal rasha for 2 months I could never find one that had attack speed over 7 with crit chance at 8. They were all mediocre and over priced at the time.
Reply Quote

After looking for a trifecta tal rasha for 2 months I could never find one that had attack speed over 7 with crit chance at 8. They were all mediocre and over priced at the time.

Cyric has the best one, it's rather disgusting:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/18340478

If you troll Dprog, there's a few with 8+ ias for sale, but be prepared for sticker shock :(
Reply Quote
Ive researched trifecta tal rasha ammy's and all of them would kill my hp forcing me to have to re-gem vit gems to compensate, so the added dps from attack speed and loss of health for my build isnt worth it. I have plenty of attack speed 2.43 with skull and 2.33 with soj. My focus now is to add as much raw dps to my build as possible so i can hit harder.

Someone asked if it's worth it to use a skull and soj so u can use a mempo. Yes u can do this there is a guy in EU that has a build like that but the problem with that is u kinda pigeon hole your self and loose the added dps bonus that a zuni set can offer such as elemental dmg and the 130+ int, personally I don't recommend this build as it is not optimal.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 4/28/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ive researched trifecta tal rasha ammy's and all of them would kill my hp forcing me to have to re-gem vit gems to compensate, so the added dps from attack speed and loss of health for my build isnt worth it. I have plenty of attack speed 2.43 with skull and 2.33 with soj. My focus now is to add as much raw dps to my build as possible so i can hit harder.

Someone asked if it's worth it to use a skull and soj so u can use a mempo. Yes u can do this there is a guy in EU that has a build like that but the problem with that is u kinda pigeon hole your self and loose the added dps bonus that a zuni set can offer such as elemental dmg and the 130+ int, personally I don't recommend this build as it is not optimal.

+1
Reply Quote
Sorry, Found the answer, I accidently skipped the part you've already mention in your guide

Thank you for the guide, it's very useful for me
Edited by Cul2sE#6534 on 4/29/2013 3:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
for when u update the guide:
i mentioned this once to you like a month ago or so b4 but wanted to again to make sure u caught it.in the follower section for the more skilled/geared players who dont need the ias or crit running mp10 who can kill goblins,,the templar with the "charge" skill ,an azrurewarith,star of../puzzlering/and ias ring makes for a super goblin maker every 3-5 mins that the wd easily blows up. for added essences and loot.

buriza's and maximus's still fun. but hard to argue with all that extra loot.

198k unbuffed 825ar 2.45ias 31kglobes 60kvit (527734.98 buffed) , im still waiting for a skull like yours to break 200k
Reply Quote
for when u update the guide:
i mentioned this once to you like a month ago or so b4 but wanted to again to make sure u caught it.in the follower section for the more skilled/geared players who dont need the ias or crit running mp10 who can kill goblins,,the templar with the "charge" skill ,an azrurewarith,star of../puzzlering/and ias ring makes for a super goblin maker every 3-5 mins that the wd easily blows up. for added essences and loot.

buriza's and maximus's still fun. but hard to argue with all that extra loot.

198k unbuffed 825ar 2.45ias 31kglobes 60kvit (527734.98 buffed) , im still waiting for a skull like yours to break 200k

I'm fully aware of what the Templar can do, however my guide is meant to provide players with the most optimal choices in regards to dps and dmg mitigation not to maximize *chances* for loot based on horrible rng that this game provides.

Personally I'm not a fan of magic find or the puzzle ring as I've done a lot of testing with it and doesn't seem to amount to much so therefore I'm not including this in my guide. If you wish to write your own guide go for it.

FYI, I wouldn't hold your breath on trying to find a skull grasp with 6cc. There are only 2 skull grasp's with int and 6cc on the US Servers and only 2 skull's with int and 40+ cd on the US Servers so good luck with that. You *might* be able to get one when the itemization patch hits but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 4/29/2013 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I geared my scoundrel for high survivability, attack speed, chance to freeze and blind. Works for me.
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 05:57 AMPosted by CoffeeBlack
I geared my scoundrel for high survivability, attack speed, chance to freeze and blind. Works for me.

Yep thats the most optimal way to go for 0 Dog provided u have 2.0+ attack speed otherwise enchantress.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
I wish it were easier to do zero dogs, especially on hardcore :(

Nice guide. Glad to know I'm at least semi-competent in thinking about how to gear for this XD
Reply Quote
So why life steal over life on hit on your weapon?
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 08:41 AMPosted by cloudsalot
So why life steal over life on hit on your weapon?

Better life return. With good EHP and EDPS ratio, you can run PtP instead of FtM rune. High LS is enough to keep WD alive. LoH also doesn't work as well for ZD against RD mobs.
Edited by LordAmsa#1453 on 4/30/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Swapped in some pants I had in stash with 10k globes to add to my existing. Lost about 5k life but have around 29k globes in total. Seemed to be the breaking point for being able to survive with PtP. I've only played MP8 with this setup so far (yet to try higher). Still was a few full runs of act 3 and only took 1 death from it (lots of RD packs). The odd things is I survived better than using less globes and FtM. That was including ignoring being froze and other elite affixes which I usually run from.

Working on getting some globes on shoulders to free up belt and get a nice int/vit/life% then can work on the cc gears and better sword. Extra damage is feeling nice now.

Love this thread guys.
Reply Quote
Swapped in some pants I had in stash with 10k globes to add to my existing. Lost about 5k life but have around 29k globes in total. Seemed to be the breaking point for being able to survive with PtP. I've only played MP8 with this setup so far (yet to try higher). Still was a few full runs of act 3 and only took 1 death from it (lots of RD packs). The odd things is I survived better than using less globes and FtM. That was including ignoring being froze and other elite affixes which I usually run from.

Working on getting some globes on shoulders to free up belt and get a nice int/vit/life% then can work on the cc gears and better sword. Extra damage is feeling nice now.

Love this thread guys.

if you are willing to try out the deep end of the pool, i would suggest that you make room for something like a 160int/200vit/70AR/6yard yellow pants.
if you want to simulate the effect, simply switch your gems out to yellow on your tal and that should show you what another 170int can do for you.

your biggest problem remains here however
Critical Hit Chance Increased by 21.5%

with the quality of gear you are using, this can also use some improvement
Intelligence 2587

another easy fix is a red marquee on that sword of yours

i would STRONGLY recommend you keep track of the overall effectiveness of your toon when you start losing haste. play around with it. KNOW you will have less survivability but also take note of how much faster elites die especially during slam dance after achieving gruesome feast. make your own judgement to see if the loss of speed/survivability is justified.

your gearing has prep'ed you so you are able to get a taste of the big bang evolution that I outlined here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728403625

I think at the very least it's worth testing. after all you've taken on the biggest leap by going with provoke the pack.
Reply Quote

Love this thread guys.

if you are willing to try out the deep end of the pool, i would suggest that you make room for something like a 160int/200vit/70AR/6yard yellow pants.
if you want to simulate the effect, simply switch your gems out to yellow on your tal and that should show you what another 170int can do for you.

your biggest problem remains here however
Critical Hit Chance Increased by 21.5%

with the quality of gear you are using, this can also use some improvement
Intelligence 2587

another easy fix is a red marquee on that sword of yours

i would STRONGLY recommend you keep track of the overall effectiveness of your toon when you start losing haste. play around with it. KNOW you will have less survivability but also take note of how much faster elites die especially during slam dance after achieving gruesome feast. make your own judgement to see if the loss of speed/survivability is justified.

your gearing has prep'ed you so you are able to get a taste of the big bang evolution that I outlined here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728403625

I think at the very least it's worth testing. after all you've taken on the biggest leap by going with provoke the pack.

It's good to see that you are trying new things with the 0 Dog build. I have not tried your exact method but I have tried slower weapons like spears and maces for the higher average dmg which produces higher dmg #s but the problem with them is they are entirely to slow. By the time u cast a 2mill crit hit with a slow wep u could have casted just as much or maybe even more with a faster weapon and not sacrifice survivability as u do with using a slow weapon.

Personally for newer players I do not recommend this build for 0 Dog. I would only recommend it maybe for advanced players who have the extra gold to spend and want to test it out. Furthermore this type of build would only be good for group play with a good cm wiz because u wont need as much survivability. I would not run this because I don't think the cost of re-gearing for it is worth it.

When I wrote my 0 Dog Guide, I wrote it to target new players looking to start playing 0 Dog. The goal of the guide was to give them the best resources of 1) being able to survive and 2) be effective at killing stuff. If I were to recommend suggestions like your method of getting rid of haste and using ptp, players would inevitably fail with the build and give up. I don't want to see ppl fail and quit a build like 0 Dog because they had bad/wrong advice.

Once players have a good amount of experience farming high mp with 0 dog then they can start venturing out and testing new things like using ptp and perhaps slower weapons if they so choose too.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 5/1/2013 4:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Love this thread guys.

After looking over your gear there are a few things id recommend.

1. Get yourself some good lacuni's with cc and 9% as.

2. You can drop some of your health globe bonus, you have to much, personally id drop the inna's u have and get some inna's with high vit.

3. I'd recommend swapping out your soj for a skull mainly because your dps is still on the low end and your soj is not really benefiting you that much, especially when mob density changes hit.

4. There really is no point to running PtP with your current gear, If you want to run it thats fine the choice is yours but it's not optimal for your gear, you are better off by running FtM and increasing your dps on your gear and you will tend to die less. But again the choice is yours I'm just giving you my recommendation.

Nice shoulders btw, the rest of your gear is fine for now but of coarse keep on working on upgrades.

gluck
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 5/1/2013 3:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]