Diablo® III

How important is the D3 economy to you?

Thread title!
Do you want a happy, whatever your version of 'balanced' economy is? Or could you care less if D3 is D2 quality dupes fill the game to where everyone can get 100k+ dps with solid defense for 1 million gold?
Reply Quote
An economy means you aren't just chasing after that ONE drop everyone wants ala D2. It's a good thing, Blizzard just needs to do a better job at stabilizing it. 1.07 is a step in the right direction but a soft step.

It's rather funny how Blizzard has NO issue whatsoever giving steep-cut-in-half nerfs ala IAS and skill proc rates ect but as soon as a glaring issue like too much legendary saturation is in play they take baby steps. Oh wow 1 brimstone on 1 recipe..awesome..that's totally gonna turn things around -.-
Reply Quote
The D3 "economy" has zero importance to me.

where everyone can get 100k+ dps with solid defense for 1 million gold?

This is just a small series of steps up from what AH users have available now.
Edited by Dogf#1248 on 2/6/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'd rather have a good time farming for fun and interesting items than farming for gold to buy them. Too bad it's blizzard's interest that we find as little as possible in order to funnel us into their auction house.
Reply Quote
I miss the days when you could sell a crafted trifecta glove for $250.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
I'd rather have a good time farming for fun and interesting items than farming for gold to buy them. Too bad it's blizzard's interest that we find as little as possible in order to funnel us into their auction house.

Were all of those legendaries you have equipped bought on the AH?
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Ignatius

Were all of those legendaries you have equipped bought on the AH?

Um yes! There is not 1 item on me that didnt come from the GAH! This is just bad for the long run of this game! If players can spend 500+ hours and not have a single self found upgrade then the item game is effectively nill!

Blizzard knows about the items being crap in this game yet not a single blue post that they intend to do something about the horrid rng system they have in place!
Reply Quote
Completely irrelevant

Diablo games should focus on:
- combat
- class balance
- content
- itemization
- crafting
- endgame items
- U.I options
- Additional Setting options
- Enhanced communication
- Game stability
- Game security
- PvP

After all of that has been addressed, I might start to factor in the games economy.
In other words, the economy is like DLC to me.
It's entirely optional and should play a non-role on the game design or execution.

If the best item in the world sells for $3.00.
That's fine by me so long as the game plays well.
The AH is an optional feature after all.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Priest
Besides the game being unplayable for any length of time the second reason not to play it is because of the DUPES AND BOTS. Playing D3 just makes you feel whatever you're doing is meaningless.... bad story to follow... countless bots, hacks and dupes... no player interaction... ferget it
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Clëan
Besides the game being unplayable for any length of time the second reason not to play it is because of the DUPES AND BOTS. Playing D3 just makes you feel whatever you're doing is meaningless.... bad story to follow... countless bots, hacks and dupes... no player interaction... ferget it

I think we are playing very different games.
Reply Quote
Thread title!
Do you want a happy, whatever your version of 'balanced' economy is? Or could you care less if D3 is D2 quality dupes fill the game to where everyone can get 100k+ dps with solid defense for 1 million gold?

Its very important.

Because in this game, half of the game is about buying and selling due to the fact that we have the AH and RMAH.

So, if their isn't a healthy economy and its very inactive, its simply not fun. Top that off with the fact that its extremely difficult to farm out upgrades (after a certain point) and nothing is left =(

not even a good secret level to grind... an embarrassing secret level if you ask me

I answered a response of yours in the "path of exile" thread harsh, i'm not trolling Goodbrew, this was a good question.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Fyle
I answered a response of yours in the "path of exile" thread harsh, i'm not trolling Goodbrew, this was a good question.

I don't take anything said by anybody in a POE thread seriously because its impossible to tell who is trolling, sincere, butthurt, drunk, bored, all of the above, etc....
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Goodbrew
I don't take anything said by anybody in a POE thread seriously because its impossible to tell who is trolling, sincere, butthurt, drunk, bored, all of the above, etc....

In stark contrast to every other thread, of course.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Dogf
In stark contrast to every other thread, of course.

lol - touche.
Reply Quote
The economy is fine. Its the game that is broken. Supply and demands works no matter what restrictions you put on it.
Reply Quote
the economy is meaningless to me. fix drops and itemization so we can farm our own gear w/out using the ah. I couldn't care less what it does to the economy.
Reply Quote
the "economy" of D3 has absolutely zero importance to me. If it were possible, I would LOVE to be able to find my own equipment, enhance gear through crafting and enchanting, and enjoy having the ability to switch builds according to a greater variety of gear choices.

The fact that some people spent RL money to p2w and gear their characters without really playing the game provides no deterrent to retroactively fixing the items/affixs/etc in a move to sustain this game.

As an FYI, the initial question is a straw man. The opposite choice of a "healthy economy" isn't D2 style duping, it is a greater supply of usable drops thru ALL levels of gameplay. (i.e. this would give people the ability to only need to use the AH for those BiS items they may want, so that they can be "godly" players. For the rest, and majority, of the player base, many would be happy to play through (and replay) the game at a respectable level, geared with found items.) To many, such a situation would "break" the economy, based on the fallacy that the goal to this game is to accrue the greatest amount of gold possible.

I would further suggest that the "economy" is already broken, due to a greatly diminishing player base, vast amounts of botter gold and items, and absolutely zero interesting/effective/attractive gold sinks that benefit the player in a meaningful and accessible way (see aforementioned enchanting/crafting).
Edited by Mendacium#1504 on 2/6/2013 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]