Diablo® III

No one runs whimsyshire. Suggestion for a fix.

I always see people asking about why no one runs Whimsyshire.
Sometime people talk about how you have to waste time to find the staff's parts, plus the gold...
But, even people who already have the staff, even those don't run it.

Thing is, there's nothing special to earn in whimsyshire . The mob density is actually terrible.

I 'think' that Blizzard's intent with this zone was not to make D2's cow all over again. They don't want people to just run that zone. So "Just put 20 elite packs in there and be done with it!" wouldn't work, because then no one would run anything else.

My solution :

Somehow make the zone 'charge' itself with mobs and elites when you kill stuff in the act.

If you create a game and open whimsyshire right away, it's empty/almost empty.
But everything you kill before opening the portal, grants you an higher mob/elite density.
Kill a few elite packs then the butcher?
Get a few elite packs and average mob density in whimsyshire.

Kill 20 elite packs, butcher, Jailer, keywarden, and tons of white mobs? The zone is full of mobs, lots of them being elites.

Clear the entire acts, all zones, all dungeons, all bosses, all quests? Enjoy the highest elite density of all Diablo in whimsyshire, tons of elites and bosses everywhere, insane mob density, you're basically mowing down through lines and lines of ennemies.

This fix wouldn't really affect people who just run the same run over and over ( alkaizer&cie ), but it would give an alternative/opportunity for those who clear more zones in their runs, and ensure that some people, at least, would play in whimsyshire ( those ponies and carebears must be bored as hell ).

Thoughts? Other suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
This game is painful enough to play without the color assault on my eyes. If they decide to do anything with it, I hope it's only as efficient/rewarding as the next best thing available, and of course doesn't offer anything unique or specific to the zone.
Reply Quote
Great place to NV stack up though if festering woods is being stingy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
- Add Shrines
- Add chance for Treasure Goblin (Cupcake Thief?)
- Make legendary hamburger only drop on Normal, instead of 50% chance of any legendary drop of any difficulty
- Reduce opening time of Clouds and unnerf their drops (since 99% of playerbase can actually kill in inferno since those nerfs were made)

02/06/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Hariko
This game is painful enough to play without the color assault on my eyes.

I get that some people are insulted by Jay's rubbing it in the fan's faces about what "too cartoony" would REALLY look like, but honestly I appreciate the drastic scenic change. Wakes me up when I'm starting to nod off.
Reply Quote
- Add Shrines
- Make legendary hamburger only drop on Normal, instead of 50% chance of any legendary drop of any difficulty
- Reduce opening time of Clouds and unnerf their drops (since 99% of playerbase can actually kill in inferno since those nerfs were made)

This game is painful enough to play without the color assault on my eyes.

I get that some people are insulted by Jay's rubbing it in the fan's faces about what "too cartoony" would REALLY look like, but honestly I appreciate the drastic scenic change. Wakes me up when I'm starting to nod off.

Speaking as a lover of unicorns and rainbows, I think that place is gross. And I had no idea that was the history of why something that *obviously* doesn't belong in the Diablo universe made it into the game. That's my biggest complaint about it - it's immensely game-breaking.
Reply Quote
Loot got nerfed in Ponies, so what do you expect, clouds were nerfed so much it aint even worth looting them.
Reply Quote
no one is doing any runs, include boss runs and whimsyshire runs and whatever runs.

BECAUSE STUFF ARE ALL RANDOM!
no matter where and what you kill, makes no difference.
this is what makes D3 tedious.
Reply Quote
I'll agree with you the mob density could use a little buff in that place but it's really not that bad of a place to farm for elites it's just kinda out of the way to get into it I think that makes it unattractive.

Also the area does have one really good use as speed leveling area so imo it's fine that it's not really useful for farming for that trade off.
Reply Quote
- Add Shrines

Speaking as a lover of unicorns and rainbows, I think that place is gross. And I had no idea that was the history of why something that *obviously* doesn't belong in the Diablo universe made it into the game. That's my biggest complaint about it - it's immensely game-breaking.

That is why they did it. Because people cried about how there was a rainbow in the back round in one of the first screenshot released. Adding pony land was a joke based on the outrage from part of the player base. I was amused. lol
Reply Quote
That place is OP in retardedness and a waste of time. Best thing is to bring back the Cow King and his minions.
Reply Quote
no one is doing any runs, include boss runs and whimsyshire runs and whatever runs.

BECAUSE STUFF ARE ALL RANDOM!
no matter where and what you kill, makes no difference.
this is what makes D3 tedious.

I have to agree with this. I get that the devs don't want people only killing bosses, but bosses should have the better drop rates. It can easily work well with NV.
Reply Quote
Create a new Dungeon. Bears and Unicorns do not belong in Diablo... and the colors omg.

Don't waste time fixing this unless Mephisto comes in and does some interior Renovation Hell style.
Reply Quote
Hello,

well that's a good topic - because problem is there. Actually I think every Act could have such zone that gonna be filled by mobs you have killed somewhere in this Act. Call it "Act Haeven" or "Act Inferno"...or even make both of them.

How it could work : killing one single mob somewhere in act will put this mob in haeven/inferno of this act. Randomly. Over a place. Thil will lead to building of insane packs there and give us very good challange. Drop rates should be the same as everywhere BUT at the end, where you cleared acts and then "Haeven/hell" fo act there should be some random legendary reward.

Technically it is not difficult task ( well there are tons of work but everything is predicable).From game design...duno,

Cheers.
Reply Quote
No one runs it cause it was a horrible joke that turned into a slap in the face,
Reply Quote
I'll agree with you the mob density could use a little buff in that place but it's really not that bad of a place to farm for elites it's just kinda out of the way to get into it I think that makes it unattractive.

Also the area does have one really good use as speed leveling area so imo it's fine that it's not really useful for farming for that trade off.

Yes, if they put it in town, it'd be my favorite farming place.

02/07/2013 12:24 AMPosted by Studman
That place is OP in retardedness and a waste of time. Best thing is to bring back the Cow King and his minions.

Whimsyshire + the Cow Level would be awesome... Survival Mode?
Edited by GChiu#1830 on 2/7/2013 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
but you can get spectrum and hamburger there.. I got spectrum recently, unfortunately, it wasn't a 600 dps one.. (dang 29 dps with like 400 life on hit)
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Khendo
No one runs it cause it was a horrible joke that turned into a slap in the face,
It's no different than cows in D2.
Initially, cows dropped some great loot, great gems, and gave great xp.

Blizzard (Blizzard North, at that! lol) decided too many people spent too much time farming cows. Nerfed XP, nerfed loot, and then just chipped gems.

So ya, it's not surprising. It's just a fun little area with some unique drops. Take it for what it is.
Reply Quote
People complaining that it doesn't fig the universe... Did D2's cows fit it? I mean, the cow were more 'mean' looking that the ponies, but it was still just a bunch of cows going Moo Mooo! Moooooooooooo Moo Moooooo while trying to chop you down with halberds and stuff.

I think the fix I proposed would :
1) Give the people who aren't all 'serious business' the opportunity to run the zone without being at a disadvantage ( srs bsnesss people wouldn't care anyway, they only run like 3-4 zones in the games, whatever alkaizer/some other D3 pro said was the best run )

2) Make the zone usefull

3) Give people something they said they wanted for quite a long time, i.e. an high density full of elite zone ( but they'd have to work for it, sothey could not just abuse the hell out of it and run nothing else ).

People have been talking about an "elite dungeon" almost since release... A dungeon full of elites packs, harder and harder as you progress...
But that dungeon wouldn't work ( unless they change everything in the game ) because a dungeon full of elites would DESTROY any other zone in terms of XP per hour/Drops per hour, so no other zone would ever be ran by anyone at all, after their first run-through.

But this fix wouldn't stop people from playign other zones, in fact it would MAKE them play other zones, to make whimsyshire better/with more elite packs.
Reply Quote
Me and my buddy run Whimsy all the time, we find pretty good loot. I have found four Vile Wards in there in about the last few days. Found a decent life leech Skorn there, Inna's items, couple quality lacunis, high damage spectrums and burgers. So yeah, go ahead, it's TOTALLY a waste! Don't bother. Keep running act 3 or whatever you're doing.
Reply Quote
whimsyshire should be a great open square full of ponies and teddy bear, there should be a lot of elite and some kind of pony Boss. that would be 100000x more fun to play and farm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]