Diablo® III

New to 60(+P) Monk - looking for direction

11 Night Elf Rogue
Hey guys!
Not sure why I didn't think to come here sooner.
I've gotten to 60(5) now and I can't seem to get any higher than MP2. Can ya'll look at my gear and make suggestions. I was following some guides off websites but turns out they were all from mid 2012 and I think I mis geared. Just beat Diablo last night on Inferno for the first time and i'm hungry for more adventure on MP5+ and can't seem to get it straight.
If my skills are dumb too just tell me.
Open to all suggestions!

Thanks,
mTec
(tried to change the profile but its not working...)
Edited by mTecNic#1614 on 1/31/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Post your profile link if you want help, hard to help based on your WoW profile (which doesnt even exist :P)
Edited by Tarzan#1737 on 1/31/2013 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
11 Night Elf Rogue
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mTecNic-1614/
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376

Info in here is pretty up-to-date -- constantly updated by OP.
Reply Quote
I am not too familiar with 2h builds, but your skills strike me as kind of a mess.

You would probably be better off with Seize the Initiative instead of OwE.

You'd probably be better off with The Guardian's Path instead of Transcendence. The extra spirit would then hopefully allow you to switch your mantra to something more useful.

I think you would also benefit from using FoT/Thunderclap as that would also help with spirit regen and LoH (if you choose to leave that gem in your Skorn).

I kind of think you probably want just one Spirit Spender, and might want to switch the other to something like oh, I don't know ... Serenity!? :P

You might also consider changing the rune on Sweeping Wind to Cyclone.
Reply Quote
I am not too familiar with 2h builds, but your skills strike me as kind of a mess.

You would probably be better off with Seize the Initiative instead of OwE.

You'd probably be better off with The Guardian's Path instead of Transcendence. The extra spirit would then hopefully allow you to switch your mantra to something more useful.

I think you would also benefit from using FoT/Thunderclap as that would also help with spirit regen and LoH (if you choose to leave that gem in your Skorn).

I kind of think you probably want just one Spirit Spender, and might want to switch the other to something like oh, I don't know ... Serenity!? :P

You might also consider changing the rune on Sweeping Wind to Cyclone.

good suggestions, my initial thought was that your skills were a mess too.

Only change in his suggestions i might say is not to change SW to cyclone until youhave higher crit chance (35%+) since you are using a slower weaponyou wont see many cyclones generated and it wont be useful to you yet. Try bladestorm instead...

as far as gear the basics for you would be add more crit chance on your amulet and gloves. get some attack speed on your gear since you are using a skorn - gloves might be the easiest place for this. Look for a pair of inna's pants to boost move speed and attack speed. I think at your MP level you can afford to drop the all res from your pants (as well as drop one with everything for seize the initiative like piffle noted) and it will help your DPS a lot.
Edited by Tarzan#1737 on 1/31/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm retarded. Sorry I misread your post originally.
Edited by mTecNic#1614 on 1/31/2013 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Initial thoughts are:
1) LoH does not go well with 2H weapon
2) Sweeping wind is more effective with LS.
3) Suggest much higher life, around 40k perhaps.

Still, having LoH is better than no sustain, and mid MP levels should be possible if you have enough life, resist, and decent amount of DPS. Before you spend gold, I suggest you try SW, Exploding Palm, Crippling Wave, and any Mantra of your choice. If you want to stick with 2H weapon, you will probably need LS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]