Diablo® III

Crit Zuni's Vision worth that much?

I can get a rare voodoo mask with 6CC, mana regen, 200+int, but cost 1000 times cheaper than a Zuni's Vision. Not mentioning there are good rare with vit, all resist or socket.

When Zuni's Vision rolls CC, it can't have mana regen. So what it gives is only 10 more mana regen from the set bonus.

Crit Zuni's Vision Worth that much gold? really?
Reply Quote
View profile
For 99% of WD's, zuni set is a must have for mana regen bonus. It allows more spamability of high mana user spells. If you have a 2 hander like a skorn... it locks you into having helm/chest/ring/boots... that's the reason.
Reply Quote
For any who needs a full Zunni set. (that is 99% of WDs) The choice comes down to either a Zunni Vision or a String of Skulls to complete the set.
If you go with a Scorn you need the Vision.
Generally speaking, most Ukapthian sperpents are better than most string of skulls in terms of DPS.

so the vast majority of WD's go with a Vision.
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 2/1/2013 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
dude cus it just looks BADASS!! Zuni vision= the most badass looking helm in D3
Reply Quote
But it's only 6-8 more mana regen compare with rare helm with 12-14 mana regen!?
Reply Quote
View profile
Run a bear build or acid cloud build without a full zuni set and let me know how it goes... then come back and let me know what you think of the extra 6-7 more mana/sec AND +10 mana per kill which cannot be forgotten
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 2/1/2013 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
you can get rare helms with 200+ int, vit, 6% cc, mana regen, %life, and a socket that easily? I wish I could considering there are zero on the AH
Edited by Jars#1772 on 2/1/2013 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 09:24 AMPosted by twinsbuster
But it's only 6-8 more mana regen compare with rare helm with 12-14 mana regen!?

u missed the part your voodoo mask doesn't have 10+% life, open socket, and max mana.

but you are right, if you find a voodoo mask with all that, it's only 6-8 mana regen compare to the crit zuni hlem, i wish you good luck finding one since i've never seen one.
Reply Quote
Not sure what you mean about only 6-8 more mana. I found a zuni with 12 mana regen. I think regen cap on any of these is 14.

Anyway, I was shooting for a cc helm but I'm sorta rethinking more cc in the build vs. losing mana regen. If I use widow spider + haunt or a weapon that also has mana regen I can spam bears pretty much forever. So if I have to stop spamming bears then what good does cc do? There are many pieces of gear that have cc on them also so I think it's pretty minor to let cc go on the zuni helm. A regen helm is a lot cheaper anyway.

The other thing to think about is if you can maintain casting skills that is doing 230% weapon damage and have life steal of 3% + LoH you are in a better position to survive. I had a slightly better DPS build where my mana regen was somewhere around 55-74 mana regen. Now I'm sitting around minimum 87 - 113 (124 with haunt). Spiders do +4 mana on hit so depending on build I can get insane regen. It's very noticeable for how well game play is now.
Reply Quote
Ya you can easly live with out the Zuni's. But the 4 pc bounces is flat out just awsome.

But if you dont got it like me. You can use Haunt/Draining Spirit.

Infact you can spam that one on more then one mob and get 20.5 mana sec per mob.

It's never ending mana and if that mob crocks it jumps to the next one in range.

I was using a fire build and I'm just starting to play around with the spirit spells here but till I can get my own 4pc set Zuni's I think Haunt is staying on my bar.

How to use Hunt is just nuke like normal and spam Haunt when your on the move. You can fire Haunt and run at same time. Pluse it's not a bad dot.

Edit: Another thing I do is if my pets got the argo at a choke point I will spam Nuke/Haunt/Nuke/Haunt 2-3 times like that then just flat out nuke 2-4 sec then nuke/hunt spam again and never run out. It depends on how much reg you have and how much mana your nuke uses and how much you need to make up for. Each haunt is going to net you 20.5 mana per target for 5 sec. If there are no more targets you won that encounter already.

Edit: Another thing is you want to place haunt on the targerts you think will be last man standing anyways.
Edited by Umbra#1460 on 2/1/2013 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was pretty much in the same boat earlier today. With the set bonuses I ended up pretty much breaking even in DPS ( 104k before and 104k after... go figure ) but my HP and Armor went up significantly since I bought a fairly nice Marrow.

I had a pretty rockin helmet that I had to give up for the vision, but the extra 130 int was just too good to pass up. Only got a few million after my buying spree so gotta save up for a nice set ring/boots now. I absolutely love the boots I have on, and replacing them with Zuni's is going to be EXPENSIVE!
Reply Quote
Not sure what you mean about only 6-8 more mana. I found a zuni with 12 mana regen. I think regen cap on any of these is 14.

We are talking about crit Zuni's vision. So no extra random roll for mana regen. The 20 mana regen from 4 pieces bonus only have 6 more mana regen than a 14 regen rare helm.
Reply Quote
Ok I see what you mean.

I ended up dropping my skull and mempo for a zuni helm with mana regen + set bonus has been pretty nice. I would have probably never tried but snipped the helm I have on off the AH for 85k. Even though I lost some DPS from that (maybe 7-8K) I haven't had to worry too much about managing my mana use. With a mana regen weapon and tapping a vision quest triggering skill to refresh cooldown I could spam bears to no end at 1.78 IAS. The other bonus was I increased my INT that added to my AR.
Reply Quote
There you go!

For any who needs a full Zunni set. (that is 99% of WDs) The choice comes down to either a Zunni Vision or a String of Skulls to complete the set.
If you go with a Scorn you need the Vision.
Generally speaking, most Ukapthian sperpents are better than most string of skulls in terms of DPS.

so the vast majority of WD's go with a Vision.
Reply Quote
The one thing I prefer over the string of skulls is pickup radius, cc, +mana and mana regen, int / vit, life % or additional socket.
Reply Quote
yup:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]