Diablo® III

What is your profession?

I was a biochem major.
Army... 25A
02/01/2013 09:55 AMPosted by PieHole
Drug Discovery Chemist

Any chance you're in the Philly area? Tons of pharma around here. If so we should have a beer.

I'm a computer programmer (embedded systems).
Got out of the navy 8 months ago...welder now
nevermind thread derail
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/2/2013 6:54 AM PST
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
02/01/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Aimless
alkanes alkenes and alkynes.

Lol, that's all chemistry Aimless. I guess you might see some in biochem as well.

I was just searching for some 3-mercapto-2-methyl-benzoic acid. Bring back any memories of nomenclature?
02/01/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Aimless
i used to be an AP student in 9th grade all i remember is alkanes alkenes and alkynes. Oh and we did nomenclature. What pain had a lot of flash cards.

If you were an AP student, you should have continued. What happened?
02/01/2013 10:30 AMPosted by V1powered
Got out of the navy 8 months ago...welder now

Where were you stationed?
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
02/01/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Worloega
Any chance you're in the Philly area?

Nah, RTP. I used to have a nice job with a large company down here...then they axed my group. They offered to move us to the Upper Providence area, but none of us took them up on the offer. So now I'm still in RTP trolling the D3 forums instead of discovering the next best drug. Lol.
i used to be an AP student in 9th grade all i remember is alkanes alkenes and alkynes. Oh and we did nomenclature. What pain had a lot of flash cards.

If you were an AP student, you should have continued. What happened?

I stopped going to school for 1 whole year in 10 th grade and 3 months in 11th

only reason im graduating is my mom is a university professor and its expected otherwise waste of time.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/1/2013 10:47 AM PST
@aimless

That was a solid edit/delete.

However, I'm pretty sure none of the PhD types were challenged by school at that level either. IMO slog your way through HS as best you can, bored as you are, and put yourself in position for the challenge to come later. I love working at a place where I'm not always the smartest guy in the room. You might too. That ain't happening in landscaping.
However, I'm pretty sure none of the PhD types were challenged by school at that level either. IMO slog your way through HS as best you can, bored as you are, and put yourself in position for the challenge to come later. I love working at a place where I'm not always the smartest guy in the room. You might too. That ain't happening in landscaping.

a very good piece of advice.
nevermind
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/2/2013 6:44 AM PST
About to graduate with bs in accounting then onto the CPA exam!
I write insurance and portfolio risk analysis software for a big evil bank.
I have sep accounts and own sizable capital assets including real estate. I think you guys are wasting ur time in class. It aint what u make its what u save. I save a lot.

How is school a waste of time? You have to earn to save.

Not everyone can live off capital gains like you can.
Hedge fund manager. I find the AH economy fascinating.
Edited by LuckyDog#1163 on 2/1/2013 11:05 AM PST
Bank Robber :)
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@aimless

maybe a little more diplomatic, thus:

"waste of time" = "not for me"

I was part of a drug discovery team that will have a treatment for melanoma on the market this year. That's pretty special. It's what I like to do. Not a waste of time.

But that might not be what you want to do. And that's fine as well. To each their own...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]