Diablo® III

From DH to Monk (No OWE) advice please!

Hey fellow monks!

I have recently switched from DH to monk, since my DH has all resist gear so I dropped one with everything and tested my monk. I have no problems doing mp1-6 but I sometimes die in mp7-8 and cannot handle 9-10. Maybe my techniques are bad :p. I am trying to figure out whats the problem with my monk. Is my monk lacking a lot of lifesteal/loh? Please criticize my monk.
Reply Quote
try punching the bad guys in the face while trying not to die.
Reply Quote
in all seriousness, you look pretty solid. you're relatively new to your monk though, so maybe just some more play time will help you to learn to play him a bit more efficiently, ie, positioning, etc
Reply Quote
I don't think you have enough dps to pull off 2.5% LS and a couple hundred LoH, unless you go balls to the wall dps setup on your skills. RD will be a big problem though.
Reply Quote
I would say add another LS weapon, or get 800+LoH, the LS weapon would be much more effective though, but very expensive.

If RD mobs are specifically your problem, try not using FitL for the snapshot, it might be increasing your dmg to a point that the dmg you are receiving is coming in faster than you can heal. Also, you can try Mantra of Evasion with Hard Target instead of MoC. The added armor will increase the effectiveness of your current forms of sustain.

What MrMojo said is also true, as you play more with the monk, you will figure out good positioning and be able to do harder fights without upgrading. Positioning is very important, that is why I personally prefer to use Dashing Strike, also helps to root feared mobs because of the damn EF.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]