Diablo® III

The DPS of diablo 3

Any of you ever consider the possibility of upping the damage teh way thedid may have something to do with the next expansion?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:21 AMPosted by Kyosji
Any of you ever consider the possibility of upping the damage teh way thedid may have something to do with the next expansion?

I don't quite follow what you mean, can you clarify what you think up'ing the damage could have anything to do with next expansion?
Reply Quote
Do you have the same 2 legendary rings equipped? I didn't know that it's possible.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Ricstar
Do you have the same 2 legendary rings equipped? I didn't know that it's possible.

Unrelated but yes, if one is legacy and the other isn't it is possible.
Reply Quote
This ties right in with poor itemization IMO.

You could graph out items in terms of damage in this game and it's a fairly nice even slope upwards from lvl 1-59. And then when you hit Inferno it becomes a straight line upwards. That is what is so screwy with this game. It isn't constant or at least simliar. It's like taking a lvl 59 helm and it grants you say 1000 more damage and then you compare it to an andy's or a Mempo and all the sudden you gain 15,000.

And honestly weapons are a much better example.. go look at swords. It feels like a nice even increase in damage then you hit level 60 and go from 200dps to 1400 dps...

**EDIT**

This is a problem because it renders all lower level items worthless. This was not so in D2.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 2/5/2013 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
This makes me wonder how much dps blizz actually did in d2.
Reply Quote
View profile
Obsidian Ring of The Zodiac was a good blue ring in D1. Somehow they thought it would make a good "Legendary" in D3.

I've vendor'd better rare rings than that.

Do you need, like, some gear or something? Or money? I feel like if you were doing 50k DPS you wouldn't have a problem with it.
Reply Quote
Or you could turn off the numbers and not be bothered by it. Your choice, really.

Before you complain about not being able to see the numbers, you couldn't see them in D1 or D2 either.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:03 AMPosted by gooddaytodie
Good luck doing MP10 ubers with sub 100k dps. :)
my monk has 10k dps and i can do mp10, so whats your point?

You do MP10 ubers with 10k dps and kill them before they enrage? Please explain how.
Reply Quote

You do MP10 ubers with 10k dps and kill them before they enrage? Please explain how.
Look up SweepingWind monk exploit.
Edited by Ricstar#1833 on 2/5/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:03 AMPosted by gooddaytodie
Good luck doing MP10 ubers with sub 100k dps. :)

Must take you a loooooonnnnngggggg time to kill elites? :-)
Reply Quote
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/monksnapshot

Actually, he probably does more damage than everyone here.

If the mechanic uses correctly, this would happen.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MJwfPROGqG0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMJwfPROGqG0
Reply Quote
I feel that Blizz just boosted the numbers for the sake of boosting the numbers. It didn't really add anything except make some simple people go, "Ooooooh, look at all the damage I can do!"

I think it's interesting considering that high numbers weren't needed to make you feel OP late game in D2.
Reply Quote

Look up SweepingWind monk exploit.

Not a big fan of exploits, so I'll pass... but that makes sense, because normally you'd need more than 10k dps to go with all the defensive stats.
Reply Quote
I feel that Blizz just boosted the numbers for the sake of boosting the numbers. It didn't really add anything except make some simple people go, "Ooooooh, look at all the damage I can do!"

I think it's interesting considering that high numbers weren't needed to make you feel OP late game in D2.

It also gives more variation, i.e. 1-10 only has 10 options but 1-100,000,000 has 100,000,000 options. Wider range of numbers available.. plus big numbers look cool... like when Spinal Tap had that amp that went to 11.
Reply Quote
I agree that crit damage is OP, but too late for any nerfs this late in the game. They could fix everything in a ladder or explansion to make it more like d2.
Reply Quote
Obsidian Ring of The Zodiac was a good blue ring in D1. Somehow they thought it would make a good "Legendary" in D3.

Do you need, like, some gear or something? Or money? I feel like if you were doing 50k DPS you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Looking at his 12k barb? keep looking, his WD shows 92k dps, so his bears probably crit for +200-250k dmg. Yeah, pretty low, but considering his knife doesn't have a socket...
Reply Quote

Looking at his 12k barb? keep looking, his WD shows 92k dps, so his bears probably crit for +200-250k dmg. Yeah, pretty low, but considering his knife doesn't have a socket...

The one guy who looks at more than my barb :D
Reply Quote
The number inflation is quite stupid. It makes it almost impossible to see what's going on or how you are improving.

Huge multi thousand numbers being thrown around for no reason other than "make it look epic!" is silly.

They should lop off at least two decimal places on everything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]