Diablo® III

Potential Patch coming/finally fixing servers

So heads up 8 hour black out coming tomorrow 3AM PST.

So play your alts or just skip a day cause the servers aren't doing any better today.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810092433
Edited by Fox#1762 on 2/4/2013 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Patch will not be tomorrow. They have to do the Q&A first, and Vaeflare mentioned they are still planning on making changes to the PTR build.
Reply Quote
He doesn't mean 1.07 patch, he just means something to fix that crapstasic lag and brutally slow AH.
Reply Quote
god finally
Reply Quote
Is that the reason for the random disconnects?
Reply Quote
id go alts or not at all for the next 24 hours is all.
Reply Quote
I don't think I have been on while they shut down things for maintenance, what happens? Is it just a D/C with no warning?
Reply Quote
I have seen red text displayed indicating they will be shutting the servers down in some amount of minutes.

I wouldn't necessarily rely on that. I don't know if it happens every time, for one, and for two, you may not necessarily notice it.
Reply Quote
I hope they fix the servers, the lag, rubber banding and the AH have been a mess. Also there has been a huge increase in spamtasic friend request over the weekend.

It took me 4 days to get paid 250,000 gold for an amulet this week.
Reply Quote
I have seen red text displayed indicating they will be shutting the servers down in some amount of minutes.

I wouldn't necessarily rely on that. I don't know if it happens every time, for one, and for two, you may not necessarily notice it.

When they do shut it down, as Anomie said they have messages the flash about every 5 minutes, stating "server shutting down in 15 mins." It's hard not to notice, but have heard people say before that they never received a notice before. I've never encountered this problem, but you never know.

Edit: they usually start these message 30 mins before server shut down too...
Edited by Swisha#1734 on 2/4/2013 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
do they freeze the AH for maintenance or do timers still countdown?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:28 PMPosted by bootscraper
do they freeze the AH for maintenance or do timers still countdown?

As I understand it, the timers continue as normal. So if you have an auction on bid, if it ends during the down time, the bid at the time the servers are brought down, will be the winning bid... Great if your the winning bidder, bad if it's your item and it's low balled lol.
Edited by Swisha#1734 on 2/4/2013 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

When they do shut it down, as Anomie said they have messages the flash about every 5 minutes, stating "server shutting down in 15 mins." It's hard not to notice, but have heard people say before that they never received a notice before. I've never encountered this problem, but you never know.

Edit: they usually start these message 30 mins before server shut down too...

They didn't do this before 1.05. It was pretty dumb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]