Diablo® III

Starting to lose faith/hope in D3/Blizz

02/05/2013 12:07 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Browsed. Lots of crying. Is typing long-winded cry posts that much more fun than playing some other game?

Sadly I got to agree, although your points are all valid concerns and very well written, i find it quite similar to the mire that is normally found in GD.

If it is really that bad, you could always stop awhile and go play other games. I dont get some ppl, they hate something but keep coming back to play it and continue to complain.

I am a marketing person, if I can sell a product that everyone hates but keeps coming back for it when there are other alternatives I will probably be promoted.
Reply Quote
We keep coming back because diablo 3, even with all its problems, is still better than the rest.
This is of course my opinion.
Reply Quote
QQ thread. Snapshot was and is a BUG, they fixed a bug. I love how you call almost Double dmg% "number tweaking", way to put it LOL. You think YOUR class is the only one with useless Passives? Take a look around moron, all of the class have 80% useless Passives. Monks in pvp can already achieve 70% dodge chance and hardly be hit in pvp(unless you are a noob and don't abuse your dodge) and now they increase the dmg% drastically and you still find room to cry like babies. I have a 300k dps, 3.0 aps, 60% cc,545cd demon hunter and can hardly dent high dodge monks in pvp. You are about to be very overpowered in pvp so stop the whining
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 12:07 AMPosted by EmperorMao
Browsed. Lots of crying. Is typing long-winded cry posts that much more fun than playing some other game?

I posted this while I was at work. I cannot play D3 while I am at work. I cannot play any other game while I am at work. Typing long-winded cry posts is more fun than working.

/shrug

02/05/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Herbdoctor
QQ thread. Snapshot was and is a BUG, they fixed a bug. I love how you call almost Double dmg% "number tweaking", way to put it LOL. You think YOUR class is the only one with useless Passives? Take a look around moron, all of the class have 80% useless Passives. Monks in pvp can already achieve 70% dodge chance and hardly be hit in pvp(unless you are a noob and don't abuse your dodge) and now they increase the dmg% drastically and you still find room to cry like babies. I have a 300k dps, 3.0 aps, 60% cc,545cd demon hunter and can hardly dent high dodge monks in pvp. You are about to be very overpowered in pvp so stop the whining

Hi, my thread has nothing to do with SW being changed. Thanks for playing, hope you enjoyed your stay.
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 2/5/2013 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hubby and I have been discussing this of late (again, we discussed it in Nov/Dec too). He is really not having much -fun- (sometimes I am not either, depending on my expectations at the time), and IMO that is what a game is supposed to be. So, again IMO, I suggest that when something is no longer fun, stop doing it.
As for hours invested... Yeah, I get it, but as long as those hours were fun, that is all that really matters in the end I guess.

I don't have much faith in Blizz, I hold out no hope for significant great changes.
Reply Quote
But once I hit pLvl 100, then what? I make far more money from playing the AH than I do from playing the game. Nice drops are exciting, but if they aren't necessary to progress my character then what is the point. Furthermore, I can solo MP 10 Ubers ... what is the point of trying to improve my gear at this point? Oh right, duels. That sounds fun /not. I'll wait till they have actual PvP.

The more I reflect on my time playing D3, the more I worry that I've wasted a whole bunch of time that would have been better spent playing a different game where time invested actually mattered.

While I agree with most of your other points in the other posts, I think I might want to provide a different perspective on the post above. I might be in the minority here, but the fulfilment I am getting out of this game is not as much in paragon levelling or in the drops, but it's in experimenting with the different skills and the variety of builds that one can employ in building a monk. I'm finding a lot of joy simply testing my limits with a variety of different builds and gameplay around the different builds you can put together.

I think that the emphasis that most of us put on efficiency has taking the artistry out of the game and I find that quite sad. When looking for the single most efficient build for XP and looting purposes, there will only ever be one, maybe two max. When looking for the most powerful build to kill ubers and such, there will probably only be one or two max there too. And it's heavily gear dependent. If that's all there is to your game, then build variety will perpetually suck for you (and by you, it's not just you, Piffle, but you as in the general you). And probably why it may feel like such a grind. Personally, I did not pay $50 (or however much I paid for this game, I don't remember) to grind it out -- I have other areas of my life I can do that quite well and free, thank you very much.

Personally, I think we have only tapped into a part of the monk potential because of our obsessive focus on efficiency. As an example, our class is built on our dodge ability and perhaps even crowd control (I think Druin alluded this in a recent post on another thread), and I've been experimenting in combining that with dashing strike (what I call the ninja skill). With this playstyle, it really makes you feel like you are playing a ninja as you can find yourself evading majority of hits, and doing damage at the same time. We can also have stun-centric builds -- might be brilliant for party support. Or how about incorporating CS (basically, vortexing our ranged enemies). None of these builds are necessarily gear dependant. So while these builds may not be as efficient as TR build or powerful as cookie cutter, these builds can certainly be fun. After all, isn't that the whole point of playing a game -- to have fun?

I guess the bottom line to my whole rant in response to yours is that what we get out of games is often a function of what you put into it. The broader our definition of fun, the more variety we have in this game. As long as we are playing solely for the sake of efficiency, the game will become very boring very quickly. My 2 cents anyway.
Reply Quote
Ventrilo goes a long way to making this game much more fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
But once I hit pLvl 100, then what? I make far more money from playing the AH than I do from playing the game. Nice drops are exciting, but if they aren't necessary to progress my character then what is the point. Furthermore, I can solo MP 10 Ubers ... what is the point of trying to improve my gear at this point? Oh right, duels. That sounds fun /not. I'll wait till they have actual PvP.

The more I reflect on my time playing D3, the more I worry that I've wasted a whole bunch of time that would have been better spent playing a different game where time invested actually mattered.

While I agree with most of your other points in the other posts, I think I might want to provide a different perspective on the post above. I might be in the minority here, but the fulfilment I am getting out of this game is not as much in paragon levelling or in the drops, but it's in experimenting with the different skills and the variety of builds that one can employ in building a monk. I'm finding a lot of joy simply testing my limits with a variety of different builds and gameplay around the different builds you can put together.

I think that the emphasis that most of us put on efficiency has taking the artistry out of the game and I find that quite sad. When looking for the single most efficient build for XP and looting purposes, there will only ever be one, maybe two max. When looking for the most powerful build to kill ubers and such, there will probably only be one or two max there too. And it's heavily gear dependent. If that's all there is to your game, then build variety will perpetually suck for you (and by you, it's not just you, Piffle, but you as in the general you). And probably why it may feel like such a grind. Personally, I did not pay $50 (or however much I paid for this game, I don't remember) to grind it out -- I have other areas of my life I can do that quite well and free, thank you very much.

Personally, I think we have only tapped into a part of the monk potential because of our obsessive focus on efficiency. As an example, our class is built on our dodge ability and perhaps even crowd control (I think Druin alluded this in a recent post on another thread), and I've been experimenting in combining that with dashing strike (what I call the ninja skill). With this playstyle, it really makes you feel like you are playing a ninja as you can find yourself evading majority of hits, and doing damage at the same time. We can also have stun-centric builds -- might be brilliant for party support. Or how about incorporating CS (basically, vortexing our ranged enemies). None of these builds are necessarily gear dependant. So while these builds may not be as efficient as TR build or powerful as cookie cutter, these builds can certainly be fun. After all, isn't that the whole point of playing a game -- to have fun?

I guess the bottom line to my whole rant in response to yours is that what we get out of games is often a function of what you put into it. The broader our definition of fun, the more variety we have in this game. As long as we are playing solely for the sake of efficiency, the game will become very boring very quickly. My 2 cents anyway.

To offer a challenge to the monks farming/carrying uber MP10, make your standard 4 monk group and let another monk in that group pick your skills and passives. Now the 4 of you with most likely never before used skills and passives..and they don't have to be the worst or most useless ones just ones never really used...try and complete uber MP10. Hell I would like to see Inner Sanctuary damage reduction used tanking Siege or SK like many do in dueling!

02/05/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Enot
Ventrilo goes a long way to making this game much more fun.

Similarly Google talk or Skype as well. Basically anything in which you can communicate without typing! Makes things more personal almost face to face to a degree.
Reply Quote

Similarly Google talk or Skype as well. Basically anything in which you can communicate without typing! Makes things more personal almost face to face to a degree.

All you need is a mic, its amazing that people still don't have these.

Edit: Piffle I still would lean toward don't over think this (even if the day at work is boring :P) besides you're never going to get the same amount of achievement points as I have, should probably just give up.
Edited by Enot#1820 on 2/5/2013 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

All you need is a mic, its amazing that people still don't have these.

I still dont have a mic, I wonder whether if I sell my ammy in the RMAH, would that get enough to buy one?
Reply Quote
F = fun

dF/dt = -kF

F(t) = F0*e^(-kt)

basically the fun factor is in decline... :(
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Herbdoctor
OP is a crying b*tch with a sad and poorly geared monk. Who wants to listen to this garbage? Number tweaking lol... They pretty much dbl your dmg% and you QQ. Indigo clears act 3 with 4 TR monks faster than anyone and now he'll be able to do it twice as fast. You think your gear set bonuses are sad with .33 spirit regen, nats is +max disc... So QQ more please this hilarious coming from, again, a crying b*tch with a very poorly geared monk.

LOL

Piff, your thread has been invaded by a troll!
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Herbdoctor

02/05/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Herbdoctor
OP is a crying b*tch with a sad and poorly geared monk. Who wants to listen to this garbage? Number tweaking lol... They pretty much dbl your dmg% and you QQ. Indigo clears act 3 with 4 TR monks faster than anyone and now he'll be able to do it twice as fast. You think your gear set bonuses are sad with .33 spirit regen, nats is +max disc... So QQ more please this hilarious coming from, again, a crying b*tch with a very poorly geared monk.

Piffle, I think you have found yourself your very own stalker. Congrats. It took you long enough.
Reply Quote
Hardly, I'm just bored on iPhone waiting for Internet dude to come. I only stalk good players.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Herbdoctor
Hardly, I'm just bored on iPhone waiting for Internet dude to come. I only stalk good players.

dude, ur monk only does 7k dps
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Tarzan

looks good to me
Reply Quote
this is a pretty strong troll too. hes got at least +5 flamebait skill on there.

on topic though piffles, i think the passive issue isnt going to be addressed. this can be good or bad. breaking away from the obvious benefits and tweaking builds and playstyles to realize less obvious or common synergies such as crazy spirit regen does open up other possibilities.

i really dropped OwE once i heard the blues were looking at it. turns out they never nerfed OwE, but since i'd hit 500 RA i started playing around with ~15-20 spirit regen anyway. never looked back.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Tarzan

My monk LOL I stopped playing monk because I started my 270k/3.0aps/60cc/545cdDH. monk was too simple in pave and NEVER died/was challenging.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Herbdoctor

My monk LOL I stopped playing monk because I started my 270k/3.0aps/60cc/545cdDH. monk was too simple in pave and NEVER died/was challenging.

oh, you mean your 150 EHP DH?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]