Diablo® III

anyone on iinet naked DSL???

View profile
how's the connection?

i was on it years ago and switched to telstra when i moved to Qld. now i've moved back to WA and am waiting for my telstra contract to expire, then likely go back to iinet naked dsl.

my concern is that since telstra keep the best stuff for themselves, that the iinet connection may be sub-par for gaming?

anyone in Perth on naked dsl?
Reply Quote
Hey mojo, i am from perth and find iinet naked dsl good, they are hardly ever down and quite fast imo. :)
Reply Quote
Another happy iinet naked customer, seems pretty solid. It will depend mostly on your actual line though, if you are a long way from the exchange or crappy hardware; your experience may not be as good.
Reply Quote
oh yeah forgot to mention i live only 100m away from the exchange ....lol
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
iiNet will blow Telstra away mate, even more so if you are on one of the iiNet exchanges. Check your line here http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ if on one of the exchanges they have hardware in then you will be able to modify your connection settings easily which can help reduce ping as well.
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Reply Quote
View profile
awesome! good to know!! i was really happy with them before, but where i moved to in Qld pretty much dictated i had to go with telstra. will be very happy to get rid of them again and go back to iinet.
Reply Quote
Hi m8, i am in Perth but dont have iinet naked dsl but have iinet adsl 2, iinet will out perform any competitor in WA
Reply Quote
I've just moved to Perth from Sydney and the place I'm currently staying at is on Telstra ADSL2+ and during peak hours 4-9pm it's not usable, let alone playable. I'd suggest going with anyone else other than Telstra.
Reply Quote
I can vouch iinet have great customer service.
I work with telstra on the inside myself regarding ADSL iinet have their own DSLAM tie pairs inside the Telstra exchanges. The exchanges that don't have iinets own equipment they rent out telstra DSLAMs that are remotely programed to iinet codes on activation to allow their customer authentication.
As far as the distribution cables and copper network goes its all telstra regardless which ISP you switch to as that will never change unless you change house there will be different distribution cables or exchanges that you feed off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]