Diablo® III

SNS/CM wiz is def. OP. Loving it even more.

So recently, I built a WD preparing for PVP. but at the same time, I tried to farm with it in mid to high MP.
My WD has 170kdps with 475% cd and 50cc. I feel that that's somewhat respectable. However, when I tried to farm in MP8, I couldn't really take down elites fast enough. I could survive but took way way too long. I got little frustrated so I went down to MP7 but still was not satisfied. so I went down to MP4 then I felt comfortable.

I know when I had my SNS/CM wiz at 170kds with 50cc, it was able to take up to MP7 somewhat easily.

so my point is that even avg sns/cm wiz is significantly better than high end WD. but I guess cost of building avg sns/cm wiz is about the same or higher than building a high end WD?

I can not speak for other classes, eg. Monk, Dh, Barb. but I think most of the classes can farm efficiently in MP0-2. But only SNS/CM wiz can shine in high MP's and Uber.
Reply Quote
Been playing WD a bit, and you have a bit too much APS and too litle mana regeneration for my taste. Haven't seen you in action, so my post is only an assumption, but how often did u run out of mana being in the middle of action? Bears spec is really mana dependend, no mana no damage :)
Edited by konieczny#2780 on 2/7/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have no problem with mana regeneration b/c I have all my specs are geared toward mana regeneration. I don't run out of mana. but bear doesn't seem to hit as hard as I was told.

My APS seems to work well with spider/widow. Faster I throw spider/widow. more spider means more mana regeneration. so APS is not a bad thing as I was also told.
Reply Quote
best wd spec for high mp is 0 dog. no mana required and benefits a ton from ias. gear is quite expensive too and the damage multiplier is awesome. try that.
Reply Quote
Agreed, I suspect your APS is not supported by mana. Basically, you want to hit slower but harder. A rare black damage spear at 1.2 base APS would help.

As beautiful as that tricross looks, I would replace it with CC/CD/INT/dmg. The LOH is doing squat for you (ZB procs almost no LOH). INT/dmg >>>> IAS for WD always. Tal's is a good option but you have to go rare for the highest CD%.

Swap blood ritual for rush of essence. RoE is best combined with spirit barrage / haunt builds.

Dat offhand! It is totally boss. Grab a -bears SOJ to go with it and you will be total make destroy. Don't pay extra for cold damage, it makes no difference b/c no WD spells proc it.

Yeah, and after all that your wizard will still be better at solo MP8+. Sorry, but that's WD for ya.
Edited by Worloega#1821 on 2/7/2013 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 06:51 AMPosted by ximae
best wd spec for high mp is 0 dog. no mana required and benefits a ton from ias. gear is quite expensive too and the damage multiplier is awesome. try that.

so ultimately, I have to make 0dog for high mp and that's the only viable option, huh. so bear for wd is like archon for wiz then?

again, my expectation was too high for bear build. T_T...
Reply Quote
I have no problem with mana regeneration b/c I have all my specs are geared toward mana regeneration. I don't run out of mana. but bear doesn't seem to hit as hard as I was told.

My APS seems to work well with spider/widow. Faster I throw spider/widow. more spider means more mana regeneration. so APS is not a bad thing as I was also told.

More spiders means less bears. You want to throw as few spiders as possible.

Bears require micro/technique also. Put your back against a wall so they fire out in a straight line. If you do this properly, you are doing 708% dmg per cast.
Reply Quote
Yeah, and after all that your wizard will still be better at solo MP8+. Sorry, but that's WD for ya.

Should I feel sorry for WD's? Well, I hope WD shines in PVP. they need to be deserved in something.
Reply Quote
More spiders means less bears. You want to throw as few spiders as possible

why more spider means less bear b/c spider doesn't use mana? and widow spider helps to generate mana?
Reply Quote
Every time you throw a jar, you could have thrown 3 more bears if you had the mana.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 07:07 AMPosted by Worloega
Every time you throw a jar, you could have thrown 3 more bears if you had the mana.

oh...that's how it works huh...o_O
Reply Quote
Sorry, I didn't mean to be condescending... but it's a fact that neither of those skills is a free action.

Spider jar does 120% single target.

ZB cast does up to 708% piercing (AoE).

The more attack turns you waste on the former, the more you're gimping your damage.

I see you're getting the same advice over in the WD forum... so I'll stop posting here.
Reply Quote
Yeah as others said, you do have problem with Mana regeneration, it's crystal clear. Your APS is too high with your currently 0 Mana regen gear. The whole point of bear is you throw ONE spider and spam bear until Vision Quest runs out, and repeat. Throwing too many Spiders to regen Mana is counterproductive. So actually say a 140k WD can out-DPS yours if he can spam bear forever. Try to balance between APS and mana regen,

You may want to try PUR + Gruesome feast if you just start bear build. It helps with mana recover a lot. Bear build is stronger than 0 Dog in high Mp imo, but very hard to use. That being said I saw godly bear WD in action, much more impressive than 0 Dog.
Reply Quote
@novice wow your are a professor wiz/wd. so knowledgeable...
Reply Quote
I don't understand everyone's logic... yoda, I have pretty much the same stats for wiz / wd as you do and I'm with you on this... increased ias let's you throw additional spiders out there for mana regen and you can spam the crap out of bears at a faster rate than those with slower attack speeds. I don't understand how that would be a bad thing.
Reply Quote
Yoda

All the big bear WD that I've seen with great success have used a big #@!@#### skorn.

The reduced attack speed and hard crits would out do your current setup for dps I'm sure. Something to consider ?

On the topic, I also feel that the cm wiz is very efficient but that's with a high level of gear. Also one of the reason im not full on going for a dex character.

My DH has some pretty good unbuffed dps and good EHP yet he is deployed only on mp0-1 which he can out do a wizard in farming. Anything higher then mp3 he is a liability. And that with billions in gear already.

People agree that DH can't do the high mps "efficiently". Even godly geared.

Can't say for the other classes but GG monks are very efficient and never die....
Reply Quote
High IAS WD is like cm/ww with 150K dps that has to run shell, force armor, etc... with a eDPS multiplier of like 4.

It works, but it's not optimal.

20 apoc, 50% CC, 2.73 breakpoint and you never worry about AP again.

God I wish WD had it so easy. You might not see it now, but you will.

Mana is the bottleneck. At the highest level, it has to be your primary consideration.
Edited by Worloega#1821 on 2/7/2013 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
It makes a big difference how you throw out your bears. Back to a wall makes a big difference. I had better results with slower aps and more mana regen gear than spiders and fast aps. And I agree 100 % with what novice said up there. My gear is mid mp lvl, so I have not tried anything over mp6. Not a fan of skorn, you will lose the offhand.
Reply Quote
4 pc zuni, skorn, endless bears, profit. i give my WD love with wiz upgrades... 90% are transferrable
Reply Quote
so ultimately, I have to make 0dog for high mp and that's the only viable option, huh. so bear for wd is like archon for wiz then?

again, my expectation was too high for bear build. T_T...

The joy of WD over the Wiz is that there are many, many more viable builds. In fact you will rarely see tow WD's running exactly the same skills.

Personally I hate freakin bears. Damage is too damn unreliable. I personally think that Proc-Doctor is the best way to play WD, and really showcases the power. The 2 proc coef of acid cloud is really the only thing that makes WD unique.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]