Diablo® III

New Gem prices are not going to fly....

The game need more interesting effects on gems and different types NOT the same with 4 extra stat points.

Its just not interesting and changes nothing in the actual gameplay even if i had them all... its just another number adjustment.

That kind of patch up date bores me. Period.

+4 of a primary of a small % on a handful of avilites for that price. No. not for me and i can afford them. I'd MUCH rather upgrade gear
Reply Quote
View profile
you don't really need the plans until you have 1 of each organ.

Believe me, once you get the three organs, you are efficient in a high MP or you grinded for ages, either way the <1M price for the hell fire plans is nothing.

Dude, I'm already 3/3 and 2/3... so yeah... this is not accurate by a long shot.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/03/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Greymateria
Top of the line things are not meant for everyone.

Everyone who paid their money and puts in a reasonable amount of game time deserves far better IMO.
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 2/3/2013 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Posted by TheOneRaven
I play mostly solo... sell some things on GAH now and again.. but I can tell you... no one wants this... even the Hellfire ring plans are too much... let them drop somewhere... gold sinks will only hurt those that play by the rules... get a clue Blizzard.

What a stupid statement. :facepalm:

You are telling US what we want and don’t want?
YOU need to figure out what YOUR goals are and not tell us what our goals are and what we want.

Damn I would love if there were content in the expansion that was only for the top 30% of the community. :D
To get access you needed skill or dedication.

But the spoiled little kids will be frustrated and cry.

Another mushroom speaks up... I'm almost 30 sport and I can tell you that you're talking crap to the wrong feller... I believe we all should have to put in the "time"... but no one deserves to enjoy the game more than any other... the game should be fun for all, not just the kids that have NO LIFE...
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 08:36 PMPosted by TheOneRaven

Everyone who paid their money and puts in a reasonable amount of game time deserves far better IMO.

No.

You get what you deserve.
Play enough and you get the top gear, gems etc.
Play less and you get less.

It’s really that simple, but then again I don’t expect you to get it.

Another thing you have to consider is . . .
Some play smart and achieve more in less time.

The real investment is not the few $ we paid for the game. It’s the time we put into it.
The majority needs to work less than 8 hours to earn what the game cost.
Considering it takes several hundreds of hours of game time, to get top gems and items, the price for the game is nothing and even stupid to mention.

You get rewarded for dedication and playing smart.
In your case it seems playing smart is not your thing (Sorry, but you wouldn’t write if it was) and you don’t want to put in the hours.

Conclusion:
Top items and gems is for dedicated and/or smart players. (Or scumbag cheaters, but that’s another story)
Reply Quote
Posted by TheOneRaven
Another mushroom speaks up... I'm almost 30 sport and I can tell you that you're talking crap to the wrong feller... I believe we all should have to put in the "time"... but no one deserves to enjoy the game more than any other... the game should be fun for all, not just the kids that have NO LIFE...

How the H... can we enjoy a game equally?

Some will LOVE the farming and some will hate it.
Some will LOVE the story and some will hate it.

If you don’t enjoy the game then it’s probably not the right game for you.
(Every bright person here is probably thinking "No !@#$ Sherlock")

The one with no life is probably the one that plays a game he/she doesn’t enjoy.
Edited by Kathal#2531 on 2/4/2013 3:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Posted by TheOneRaven
I play mostly solo... sell some things on GAH now and again.. but I can tell you... no one wants this... even the Hellfire ring plans are too much... let them drop somewhere... gold sinks will only hurt those that play by the rules... get a clue Blizzard.

What a stupid statement. :facepalm:

You are telling US what we want and don’t want?
YOU need to figure out what YOUR goals are and not tell us what our goals are and what we want.

Damn I would love if there were content in the expansion that was only for the top 30% of the community. :D
To get access you needed skill or dedication.

But the spoiled little kids will be frustrated and cry.

I'm 30 as well bud. If you put in a ton of time, you deserve better things (and you will get them eventually).
If you go to work for 60 hours a week, and another guy only works 30, you should both get the same reward right? I mean, just cause one guy has no life and works a lot, he shouldn't be entitled to better things....
That's a terrible attitude and unfortunately too many people think like this now days. Noone wins, noone loses. Doesn't matter if you bust your butt day after day, that guy relaxing and being lazy should have access to the same things.... Dumb.
How many time are you going to swap gems out? Right now we do for exp/life gems. Just get another helm for farming.
I don't have billions of gold, I do play a few hours a night most nights, and get lucky here and there. I'm fine with the new gem prices, I hope they scale with the gem quality though. 5 mill to remove a marquis gem sounds good to me.
Adding a marquis gem makes it BOA, so why not pay a hefty fee to be able to sell it again? This will give a gold sink to the people who do trades outside of the AH also.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 2/4/2013 3:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
At first there are 1000s of players who can afford 80m for a gem at least for the weapon slot and 100s for whom 80m is pocket change.

Second and this is the real trick about the new gems it will make high IAS builds(ruby) at least eqal to high cd/cc builds in damge
Concerning PvP this is !@#$ing huge. More IAS means more proccs means more loh,stun chance,resource regenaration from equipp or skills.
If u want to be half decent in PvP u will have no choice of buying an marquis ruby. Best Goldsink ever and the game needs one badly.
Edited by MeatGrinder#2698 on 2/4/2013 4:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:14 AMPosted by MeatGrinder
Second and this is the real trick about the new gems it will make high IAS builds(ruby) at least eqal to high cd/cc builds in damge

I think you didn't read the last update to rubys.
They nerfed them badly, and they are no better than an emerald in 99% of the cases now
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Recluce
NO ONE WANTS THIS!

I want this. I like inflation controls.

Anyone remember the arguments about how no one was going to have Radiant Star gems because they cost a bajillion gold and took a bajillion gems to make, etc etc. Good times.

just that well, it isnt.

Inflation controll doesnt work that way I am afraid.

Thing is, there is a lot of gold in the economy, we are talking here about more then just a few billion. Do you think those people care about 100m Gold for the gems? Sure not.

But the people which dont have billions probably will not waste their gold gems that give you what +4 in main stat? I know I will not. I also only got the best gems because of the gem-dupe not long ago ...

all in all I dont see how those new overpriced gems would create a gold sink. A MEANINGFULL gold sink that is. Wasnt crafting supposed to be something like a gold sink? Yeah ... now that worked pretty great didnt it ...

thing is, you have to make it usefull, an alternative to the AH. But this will never ever happen. I see this new crafting as a joke as well, because its just RNG on top of RNG again ... finding the plans, finding the resources, and then you craft ... to get nothing and you will always have this feeling "better I would have spend those 100m gold on the AH ...".

Its the same with the hellfire ring really. You have to do like 20 or 30 of them to get a really good one. And even then there is a huge chance that you will get a better ring on the AH.
Reply Quote
If you don't like it don't buy it. I only use flawless in my armour for example, should I cry about someone else using Radiant and having a 1% stronger character?
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 08:36 PMPosted by TheOneRaven

And here we have one of the major sources of problems with this game. Too many people think like this guy, that just because they bought the game and played it that they are entitled to everything it has.

That's NOT what games are about. If you want to see everything just because you paid some nominal fee, go watch a movie or read a book. Games are about earning things and overcoming challenges.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 09:42 AMPosted by TheOneRaven
Thank you for the hard work... although this "ask the devs" is nothing more than a ploy to get the "most pressing" problems narrowed down

Oh the horrors, Blizzard is trying to distill the endless QQ into a managable form to act on it. In fact, some of the highly rated issues in the Ask thread have already been implememted in the PTR.

Many people have complained for a very long time about gold and gem sinks not being adequate. These top end gems provide a much needed sink.

What would be an idea for a gem / gold sink that you can live with OP, or anyone for that matter? Personally I am not a big fan of BoA items, but I am a big fan of gold / gem sinks and this will do the job quite well.

To make 1 Marquise Ruby will cost you:

2187 Flawless Square Gems
4892 Tomes
66.2 Million Gold (this counts 46.2 mill for three Rad Stars and 20 mill for the Marquee)

note: this also assumes you find verything, not included are costs to purchase materials.

note: cost derived at www.diablo3gemcalculator.com

edit: added crafting costs
Edited by DudleyDR#1613 on 2/4/2013 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's just another way that those who can buy gold or who play non stop can have it over those of us that cannot. It will be a LOOOOOOONG time before I even consider 1 for a weapon maybe. seeings how I could use an upgrade in that department still lol; but don't have the 300 mill to 2 bill people want for those weapons.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Wamdoan
It's just another way that those who can buy gold or who play non stop can have it over those of us that cannot. It will be a LOOOOOOONG time before I even consider 1 for a weapon maybe. seeings how I could use an upgrade in that department still lol; but don't have the 300 mill to 2 bill people want for those weapons.

Same here, I don't think I have ever had more than 20 million gold at one time, so unless I find some amazing piece of gear I can sell for a ton of gold it will be a very long time before I can afford one of these top end gems. And I am OK with that actually.

But this game really needs something to pull gold and gems out of the economy, and this will do it quite handily.

It seems some think it is bad, but they don't seem to have a viable alternative.
Reply Quote
I don't think the gems are going to be a significant long term money sink.

The new crafting was actually buffed to the point where I think it will be a significant sink, especially the bracer now.
Reply Quote
I don't think the gems are going to be a significant long term money sink.

The new crafting was actually buffed to the point where I think it will be a significant sink, especially the bracer now.

I think you might be right, I know I will try to make an amulet at some point; once I find the plan. Although the crafting costs for them are not that high. I know many will complain but I think they should up the cost of crafting a bit.

BiS Bracers cost many, many millions of gold, so the craftables should be on par with that imho.
Reply Quote
I have played this game for more than 500 hours and my stats say total gold picked up is ~50 million. Also in that 500 hours I have sold about 40 million gold worth of items on the gold auction house.

So in total after 500 hours of playtime I can make 1 gem? Yea right.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 08:26 AMPosted by DudleyDR

Same here, I don't think I have ever had more than 20 million gold at one time, so unless I find some amazing piece of gear I can sell for a ton of gold it will be a very long time before I can afford one of these top end gems. And I am OK with that actually.

But this game really needs something to pull gold and gems out of the economy, and this will do it quite handily.

It seems some think it is bad, but they don't seem to have a viable alternative.

i used to think similarly, that it would take forever to upgrade etc, but i did find some stuff to sell and am slowly getting there. i, like you. am ok with the to end gear costing a lot as it gives you the incentive to keep going. i understand why some people don't have the patience as the rewards as few and far between, but as far as i'm concerned, that's been the case since the d2 days. i got in late on d1 and by that time duping was running wild and you had ridiculous gear.. but d2 was always a struggle finding any good stuff, especially when it became about rw's and finding hr's. only twice did i ever find a hr (jah and ber) but somehow everyone had them. patience is key with a game like diablo, if you don't have any, don't waste the money on the game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]