Diablo® III

New Gem prices are not going to fly....

You get what you deserve.
Play enough and you get the top gear, gems etc.
Play less and you get less.

It’s really that simple, but then again I don’t expect you to get it.

Another thing you have to consider is . . .
Some play smart and achieve more in less time.

You are contradicting yourself, well done sir.

As for me, Im over 1000 hrs, no real money, no gold purchase. I struggled a lot for quite sometime and I dont have godly items. So the "play enough and you get top tear, gems etc" statement doesnt really apply here. And when u say "play smart" is that cc wielding u'r talking about?
Reply Quote

...patience is key with a game like diablo, if you don't have any, don't waste the money on the game

Truer words are hardly ever typed on these fora. ;)
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Zoid

Everyone who paid their money and puts in a reasonable amount of game time deserves far better IMO.

And here we have one of the major sources of problems with this game. Too many people think like this guy, that just because they bought the game and played it that they are entitled to everything it has.

That's NOT what games are about. If you want to see everything just because you paid some nominal fee, go watch a movie or read a book. Games are about earning things and overcoming challenges.

the source of the problem is that the prices on so called "top gear" is completely inflated. A skorn with 1400 DPS for example and sufficient LL or LoH? Get ready to pay around 300-400$ worth of gold.

If you believe thats "reasonable" then I am sorry for you. Really.

Thing is, if you look at the current evolution with games, like F2P the good games out there offer people the possibility to reach a lot of content with the time they spend in the game.

Now I dont mind a certain randomness in D3. But many, really MANY people agree that the weak point of D3 is the flawed and very limited itemisation, now ad in to the the huge randomness you have on gear ... and you understand why people are so frustrated.

I would gladly accept LESS legendary and set items if the good items had actually some quality to them. But you dont have only to find some Immortal King item, no, it has to get the "correct" rolls or its useless. The "buff" on legendary and set items was a joke in my eyes.

Not even D2 at the end was THAT random with the powerfull gear and items.

Dont be surprised if D3 will be a ghost town before the expansion hits ... because honestly, there is not much else to do then farm the SAME equipment over and over again just to get those trifecta stats on everything. You think thats awesome? Kudos to you then. I dont think thats a good evolution for D3. It makes the game very shallow.

I say it again. I would NOT have a problem to find LESS items if the Items I find would have more quality. Its not fun to find 5 or 6 echoying fury, 4 skorns, 3 mempos, 2 Ik belts etc. but all of them useless garbage.

The difference between "useless" and "super-duper-2-billion-high-end-item" is simply to high in D3.
Reply Quote
I'll have to respond in kind... as I'm blown away by all of the HARD WORKING people in here... I grew up on a farm... you hard working Diablo players should be hoisted onto our shoulders for your ability to sit 8 hours a day! Bravo guys, BRAVO!!! *golf clap*

I said put in the "reasonable" amount of time... which is by any measure at least a few hundred hours... thats alot of time to me... I'm not sure about you all...

Also, games that are F2P like LoL give us much more per patch and are more involved with their player base... and that is a FREE GAME... with people who have yet to spend a dime on it in 2 years... so your comment about 60$ being nothing to people... is hogwash at best...
Reply Quote
You get what you deserve.
Play enough and you get the top gear, gems etc.
Play less and you get less.

It’s really that simple, but then again I don’t expect you to get it.

Another thing you have to consider is . . .
Some play smart and achieve more in less time.

You are contradicting yourself, well done sir.

As for me, Im over 1000 hrs, no real money, no gold purchase. I struggled a lot for quite sometime and I dont have godly items. So the "play enough and you get top tear, gems etc" statement doesnt really apply here. And when u say "play smart" is that cc wielding u'r talking about?

Not really.
You either play smart or not.
Then if you play more you get more, no matter if you play smart or "dumb".

Playing smart is optimizing your character and only focus on that one char.
Leveling and equipping several chars and playing HC and SC aren’t the best way to farm.
You need to spend ALL your gaming time focusing on that one char that is going to farm items and gold.
Reply Quote
I'll have to respond in kind... as I'm blown away by all of the HARD WORKING people in here... I grew up on a farm... you hard working Diablo players should be hoisted onto our shoulders for your ability to sit 8 hours a day! Bravo guys, BRAVO!!! *golf clap*

I said put in the "reasonable" amount of time... which is by any measure at least a few hundred hours... thats alot of time to me... I'm not sure about you all...

Also, games that are F2P like LoL give us much more per patch and are more involved with their player base... and that is a FREE GAME... with people who have yet to spend a dime on it in 2 years... so your comment about 60$ being nothing to people... is hogwash at best...

Cry me a river.

30 years and STILL acting like a spoiled kid. BRAVO!!! *golf clap*
If 60$ is a lot for you, then stop playing online games and work some more. *rolleyes*

The game is 60$? That’s about 7-8 movies in the cinema.
7-8 movies are less than 20 hours of entertainment.
For the same price Diablo gives you hundreds of hour’s entertainment.
If not then the game is not for you.
It’s not like you can get a refund if you see a movie that’s not your kind of movie.
Diablo is relatively cheap entertainment and if you don’t like it then stop spending your time on it. Go do something else and stop crying.
Reply Quote
the HUGE cost is simply a gold sink

there are tons of players out their who have gotten multiple billion gold drops and have ridiculous amounts of gold.

plus the TRILLIONS of gold brought in by botters.

so 67 million for 1 gem is no more than a gold sink.

it is not for the average player to craft one, they will never be able to. it is only to take gold away from botters.

blizzard is like the fed reserve -- who knows how much gold they are illegitametly adding to the economy.
Reply Quote
60 mil to upgrade gems is only okay if the repair costs of the piece it sockets dont skyrocket. looks like ignore durability loss might become a mandatory affix on pieces if the repair costs are really north of 1 mil
Edited by dac#1303 on 2/5/2013 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
SO IS THERE A HIGHER REPAIR COST FOR ARMOR WITH THESE GEMS BEING IN IT?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]