Diablo® III

Legendaries,... just finished Inferno,...

Well as the title reads, I just finished inferno with my first hero,... a wizard. I'm starting to farm Act III, and I was just wondering when the legendaries start to drop?

No, I'm not just asking vaguely of course. I'm asking for magic find estimates, paragon levels, and other things that contribute to them dropping.

Any information will be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
Reply Quote
View profile
by the time you get to 5,000 elite kills you will hve found at least 20-30 legndaries

and maybe 1 of them will be good.

just start farming act 1, your dps is too low to be farming act3

go to act 1 and get 5 stacks and kill butcher, rinse and repeat
Reply Quote
Legendaries suck Rares are usually better anyway.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rannug
Legendaries suck Rares are usually better anyway.

This is a blanket statement wrong on so many levels. For a few slots(depending on build/class) perfectly rolled rares are BiS. Legendary items can have stats on a slot that rares cannot, perfect rolls have higher int/str/dex maxes, and you're ignoring the extra stat possibilities from set bonuses.

To answer the OP though it's really about the amount of elites you kill with paragon levels slowly making the legendary drops more frequent. The best thing to focus on is efficient farming. You can get some MF on your gear as free secondary stats, but don't focus on it since higher paragon and MP levels devalue MF.
Reply Quote
by the time you get to 5,000 elite kills you will hve found at least 20-30 legndaries

and maybe 1 of them will be good.

WTF? I have 21K total elite kills - nearly 10K from my main, and I have found a total of 19 legendaries.

10 - lvl 60, 4 - lvl 55+ , 5 sub 50 legendaries.
Reply Quote
it just depends, ive found legendaries with my toons as low as lvl 17, sure it was bad but it still happens.
i find legendaries to be streaky, some weeks i get a high amount, other weeks nothing.
its all bout the quality tho, not the number you find
Reply Quote
WTF? I have 21K total elite kills - nearly 10K from my main, and I have found a total of 19 legendaries

You have extremely bad luck then lol. Last night alone in 3 hours of gameplay i found 8 lol. I would hazard a guess at 400+ total for me. 398 of them since last patch with buffed droprate lol.

You will always find quantity over quality tho. I would say 1 in 75, maybe 1-100 legendarys roll well.

In terms of how many you will find OP its RNG. Best thing to do is gear up to a point you can smash mp0-1 and just do run after run and para lvl get your MF. For a while i used some MF gear and also a pair of depth diggers is always a good choice. You can get a high main stat and vit with no socket for relatively cheap.
Edited by iBeLSh#1476 on 2/7/2013 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yea.. I feel cursed.

It's like blizz is trying to get my barb killed or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]