Diablo® III

The World of Chantodo's (SNS LIFE)

Welcome fellow CM/WW SNS weatherman windup friends!

We all know and love our Chantodo's Will as it is BIS for our build for one simple reason: it runs the highest attacks per second with arcane power on crit. The set bonus is lovely too, but there is one condition, it can only roll 1 extra stat. I would break up Chant's into 3 categories: 1100s being high damage, 1000s being average, and 900s or less being low.

So I ask, which Chantodo's are you? There are many options, and despite what you may think, are all very viable. I'll start with the most popular:

Open Socket Chant:
This will increase your DPS the most. Provided you have the gear and the gold to support it this is the way to go. You will be paying a pretty penny for a high damage one though, and plus a gem it can easily be too expensive for the average player.

Crit dmg Chant:
In terms of DPS this is a second choice. It saves money by not needing a gem but is hard to find one over 80% crit dmg. Very good budget DPS option.

Attack Speed Chant:
Here's where things get interesting. Sure we all want to stack on a high DPS weapon but as we all know for SNS we want to find a balance. While providing 100% crit DMG on the weapon may seem like the best option, for some, it means needing to stack attack speed elsewhere. The IAS chant frees up a slot or 2 and can provide just as much or more than a pure DPS chant. When we are talking DPS an equal weapon dmg IAS and OS wand will be about a 20k difference in sheet damage for most people which can be made up in other gear from not having to go so strict into IAS gear. These wands are harder to find and can roll up to 10%.

Lifesteal Chant:
Think you knew all the useful affixes on chants? Think again! Lifesteal is an amazing choice for chant as it gives you a chance to ignore LoH on gear. I would suggest stacking the EHP and DPS and playing at a 2.74 breakpoint. You will be amazed at how fast you heal and the lost DPS can easily be made up in other gear provided you don't need to stack LoH.

LoH Chant:
Same deal as the Lifesteal however you should be gearing it slightly differently. Instead of trying to heal yourself through damage you want to get the highest APS to heal through LoH. This can be useful for a 3.01 APS character looking to boost their DPS through inna's/mempo and ignoring LoH on gear.

Energy Twister Chant:
Yes, they exist! Chantodo's Will can roll with crit hit chance 8% on energy twisters. Very very rare to find one like this with high dps but it can give you a very high proc rate and make for some interesting builds. The first thing that comes to mind is perhaps a 70% crit on twister 10 apoc spec? I don't know, I've never had the pleasure of playing with one of these.

So yeah I'm bored and wanted to give some advice for players just looking into the world of CM wizards. There are many options and everything except OS chants are very cheap. Enjoy!

Edit: oh my god i must be so wasted did i seriously spend all the time to write this? i have like every chant and play around with different ones thats why.... anyway gonna leave this incase anyone finds it useful but i seriously doubt it why am i writing so much?????
Edited by Harrower#1804 on 2/2/2013 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
OS all the way. Still coming to grips with these new bracers though. I may have to reconsider my options and do a more charlatan type build.

I'd prolly much rather do a frostburn dagger route however. Drop the mempo for a BiS SC instead of having to find a 9% IAS one as good as mine (like 3-4 on server), plus a 9% IAS trifect zuni pox. No easy task.

Its going to be a wait and see I think. If I dont get something BiS outta my first thousand bracers I'll prolly give up, but if I get something close I'll prolly make the switch, and then have some serious decisions to make on how to get my IAS.
Reply Quote
And there are daggers too =)
Reply Quote
thats a good point, if you lose lacuni's you have to make the IAS somehow, but we all know lacuni's aren't that great aside from the ias. it really depends on how it all balances out but honestly after looking at your profile i don't know what to say lol... you could probably hold that gear set for a very long time. i would imagine that would take some serious calculations to consider even the slightest change
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:42 AMPosted by LaoShu
And there are daggers too =)

daggers make for a great 2.74 if you have amazing gear. the greatest SNS i've seen used a dagger with CD, OS, LS, IAS at 1150 dps
Edited by Harrower#1804 on 2/2/2013 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Harrower
the greatest SNS i've seen used a dagger with CD, OS, LS, IAS at 1150 dps

Frostburns dagger is the only one of its kind however.
Reply Quote

Its going to be a wait and see I think. If I dont get something BiS outta my first thousand bracers I'll prolly give up, but if I get something close I'll prolly make the switch, and then have some serious decisions to make on how to get my IAS.

I just wanted to comment one more time, Shandlar you have a truly amazing set of gear! I would think it's very hard to consider anything else. I guess my post was more aimed at people who have 50-100mil to spend per item and could possibly consider a different way to balance their gear. But you're absolutely right, even at a high dps there is much to consider.
Reply Quote
We are all betting on the new Bracers aren't we :3
Reply Quote
when I wore lacuni all I wanted was to replace them with rare bracers (which can offer much better mitigation / dps stats than lacuni which you tend to have to pick either mitigation or dps on). After switching from OS back to IAS wand a little while ago I was able to bring my mitigation up by quite a bit - replacing lacuni being one of the main ways I did this. If new crafted bracers are better than current rare bracers then I don't see lacuni staying very popular.

currently It really only makes sense to go lacuni route if you need the ias due to gear combo being BiS max dps / max mitigation with OS wand / zuni chest / tri pox, etc. So basically if you're min/max'ing every gear slot like shandlar or darshu from what I can see, lacuni is the only option to allow for zuni chest and OS wand. Otherwise it just isn't worth it in my opinion.

IAS wand is a dps loss vs OS wand but the dps is easily made up in other gear slots until you reach the gear level of those mentioned earlier.
Reply Quote
View profile
Nice guide bro. I honestly dont see point of ias wands post patch and i was champion of them as way to get huge mitigation at any ias on the cheap and still make build function well.

Well that huge mitigation is not needed so much due to babying the babies rd nerf the last hurtful affix left in game so it's all dps all-the-time.

OS/CD FTW

then again....whats point of play when nothing hurts you? Like arm wrestling my GF no point. :::SIGH::: As u can see I dont even play this build anymore now, But no freeze for a challenge.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/2/2013 3:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Shandlar
Still coming to grips with these new bracers though.

I sold my Lacuni's yesterday for 450m. I can afford the IAS drop and don't want to get left with a crap pair of bracers after patch.

I've crafted only 10 pairs of bracers on PTR, but damn they are good. The DPS/EHP from a godly roll absolutley !@#$s all over the BIS Lacunis.

I can handle 12ms with Wormhole, aint a big issue to me.
Reply Quote
aim, nothing hurts you coz of ur sick mitigation, u over did it and are now bored coz of it. If u run with more dps and less mitigation stuff starts hurting and u get challanged again.

Gearing towards next patch i dropped like 60 loh and 45 ar to push like 35k dps and man im feeling it in live now, gotta be carefull with rd.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 2/2/2013 3:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
IAS on the cheap go go =)
Reply Quote
View profile
aim, nothing hurts you coz of ur sick mitigation, u over did it and are now bored coz of it. If u run with more dps and less mitigation stuff starts hurting and u get challanged again.

Gearing towards next patch i dropped like 60 loh and 45 ar to push like 35k dps and man im feeling it in live now, gotta be carefull with rd.

i dont have near mitgation/ehp what good wizzies have. plus you cant blame gear, content should be so hard so we strive for better gear always not good enough or have to nerf ourselves downwards to enjoy. Thats ridiculous.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/2/2013 3:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Phal
zuni chest and OS wand.

I'm thinking 10cc CD taskers to up myself to 60cc base. Then go back to enchantress and and find BIS 9% mempo/tripox.

It'll give me something to do at least. No rush, I dont see myself crafting a crazy epic razorspike for at least a month unless I get retardedly lucky.

End result would be something like...

2.7384 aps (1.65 + 0.03 * 1.63)
60.0cc
2900 Int
410 CD
50,000 Life
900 AR
5300 Armour
23.5% Dodge

That would be from a basic double int roll + 6cc on bracers. Any all resist, armour, dex, or vit would be complete bonus from there.

Thats like... 270K dps? I think I'm doing the math right. I'd still have some room for 5-7k on WH and 9-12k on source as well.

That doesn't sound too bad. I outta be able to eventually get at some SOME AR on the bracers as well. Shouldn't be bad at all.
Edited by Shandlar#1961 on 2/2/2013 3:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Shand going crazy mode lol.
Reply Quote
Muwahhahahahaha
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/2/2013 4:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

i dont have near mitgation/ehp what good wizzies have. plus you cant blame gear, content should be so hard so we strive for better gear always not good enough or have to nerf ourselves downwards to enjoy. Thats ridiculous.

yes it is, but its what weve got right now. Besides it wouldnt be a nerf just as ur pushing dps more like a respec.
Reply Quote
View profile

yes it is, but its what weve got right now. Besides it wouldnt be a nerf just as ur pushing dps more like a respec.

its not just reflect man. its everything.is ez compared to past, MP system was supposed to address that and did and was fun as hell for like 9 days till they nerfed it. i dont know if you remember that but I almost had log in anxiety cos i'd get raped so hard lol - but i did and enoyed the heck out of it. Playing sns dying porting around like a jack rabbit to freeze whole feild of play cos anything that hit me would kill me. plotting how to get like 6000 armor 1000 ar and 60K hp to survive and still enough dps to do mp 10. that fun and almost impossible challenge was removed like 9 days later. They removed the whole purpose of MP..and they removed item chase for me like i said. cos once you're rolling now, which is so trivial, there is little point to spending exponential sums just to roll a little faster cos arm wrestling your GF after going to gym for 6 months is no more fun than when u beat her b4 you started working out..
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/2/2013 4:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah i remember, id like to see what 1.0-1.02 would be like now with our current gear, coz that was hard.

I never went crazy on mitigation like u guys, just enough, and mp10 still keeps me on my toes.

But yeah i agree mp sistem is flawed in that sense, hey should push monster damage higher and lower hp pool, so its harder but not grindier. also getting the apropiape mitigations for it now + the dps to be effective is just like impossible. If we didnt need 400k dps to burn through mp10 but something like 250k it would be possible to get those sick mitigations needed for higher damag and would be alot of fun building around that balance.

edit: really the item chase is not to beat game much faster, like u dont go to the gym to beat ur lil sister up, its pure ego to look at urself in the mirror and say !@#$ im ripped.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 2/2/2013 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]