Diablo® III

D3 Item Game: A Big Step Back

DEV TEAM SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS
JAY WILSON SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS
OOPS I FORGOT HE IS ALREADY FIRED
Reply Quote
Wait how did you gear up in d2? Everyone just stacked +skills +x damage +casting/ats. Am i missing something ?

Everyone used tge same runewords.... The only difference was melee/casters.

The top end gear for all characters was all the same just minor difference how the item rolled stats.

Only a hand ful of good rares.
Only some decent crafted ammys and rings.

D2 had almost no real omg so many items. Everyone used the same gear.

D3 has issues its not perfect. It is still a raw game in need of fixing. But its so much fun vs with random loot.

Oh and dont tell me about sets from d2 because 2 of them were only semi viable for solo play.
Reply Quote
Wait how did you gear up in d2? Everyone just stacked +skills +x damage +casting/ats. Am i missing something ?

you forgot "all resist", and fire/ice/poison/lightning resist ( these resists were useful since resistance works on %) damage reduction %, life/mana leech, faster run walk, faster hit recovery, strength, Attack rating, Auras although they no longer add up,

02/07/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Damian0216
D2 had almost no real omg so many items. Everyone used the same gear.

Most of the class specific items that were around in 1.09 were bis or next to bis. when I found a HoZ in D2 my thought was OMG I know what my next class to level is going to be. when a Buriza-Do Kyanon dropped in D2 I thought wow I am going to make a FA/strife zon. in D3 when I found a Buriza-Do Kyanon I thought how much can this get me on the AH (answer was not much)
Edited by Nall#1779 on 2/7/2013 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Damian0216
Am i missing something ?

I'd say you missed quite a bit if you think D2 was that shallow. Everyone did not use the same gear. Even the most OP piece of gear like Enigma wasn't always the best or only choice. Enigma was good for pretty much everyone but that didn't mean a Fortitude,Chains of Honor, Bramble, or even just a socketed armor with some nice jewels or facets wasn't better depending on your build. Rares could be the most godly items and no one had the same rares unless they were duped. Sets were not the best items but i cant see how you can say they were only "semi viable". D3 has its good points but saying that D2's itemization was just as bad is an argument that you won't win.
Reply Quote
the only one of these things that was added at expansion was the runes... the rest of this huge variety was ready and in game at launch. stop parroting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]