Diablo® III

D3 Item Game: A Big Step Back

How long did it take to d2 be fully launched?
Reply Quote
Intresting topic.

How long do you guys think it will take now befor blizzard click the (Panic Button)
called "Delete post" ?.... lol
Reply Quote
D2 didn't have those features at launch

Yes because every time you make a sequel to something you should always start over and forget everything that made it good and re invent things that did not need to be re invented.. Lamest excuse ever.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
As far as the itemization I saw this coming when they announced rmah.
Edited by Silocibe#1270 on 2/2/2013 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
How long do you guys think it will take now befor blizzard click the (Panic Button)called "Delete post" ?.... lol

When and if it reaches popular topics.
Reply Quote
Don't understand why the OP's post was reported.

1+ anyways.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 09:00 PMPosted by ArchMage
How long did it take to d2 be fully launched?

First of all, it took Blizzard North 3 years to come up with Diablo 2 from the time Diablo 1 was released. It was originally going to be released in 1999, but got pushed back to 2000.

That is NOTHING compared to the 7 years it took for Blizzard South to come up a vastly inferior sequel. 7 years.
Reply Quote
RMAH is not the problem.........Selling ITEMS on the RMAH......IS the problem........There should only be one.......why does that sound familiar........ and GOLD and GOLD ONLY should be sold on the RMAH.........

+1

It's sad that they decided to use something as big as Diablo as their guinea pig for a RMAH experiment. Especially if RMAH means no ladder.
Reply Quote
Don't understand why the OP's post was reported.

1+ anyways.

Certain pro-D3 fans may interpret anything that sounds remotely critical as an attack on the game and thus will report as a trolling or otherwise.
Reply Quote
Lets not forget that in D2 you had a idea were to find certain items, or had a better chance to find items. In D3 you just start some were killing stuff. This alone makes it even harder to find anything decent.

I was on board for the new system until i played the game. Making item finding so random removed most of the fun.

I played D2 without ever trading and i had a long love of the game playing with friends in 8 player games.

+1
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:19 PMPosted by AvantGarde
D2 didn't have those features at launch

I'm so sick of this argument.

D2 may have not had those features at launch, but it certainly has them now. D3 was meant to be the next iteration, not a giant step backwards. If anything, D3 should have had a system similar to D2 with improvements.
Reply Quote

I was on board for the new system until i played the game. Making item finding so random removed most of the fun.

That's a key point, you thought the announced system would be good, probably most others did too, obviously the designer did, unfortunately that's not the case and they just need to fix it. People make mistakes and as long as they intend to address it I guess we just have to be patient.
Reply Quote
View profile
Gold (Rune Words): Possibly the most inventive, creative, interesting, and fun crafting mechanics I've ever experienced in a game, why they didn't carry it over blows my mind to pieces (They were a bit OP, ok... So tone them down, problem solved). Also if you found lower more "useless" runes you could combine them and work your way up. Even the freaking useless items in D2 could be made useful, and again stats roll between exceptional and godly

Good point D2 vanilla had runes and runewords. So then all the expansion did was add in a new act. I get it now the expansion did not exist at all. That is an illusion, D2 comparison is comparing D2 only because the expansion was never made right.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 06:55 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Gold (Rune Words): Possibly the most inventive, creative, interesting, and fun crafting mechanics I've ever experienced in a game, why they didn't carry it over blows my mind to pieces (They were a bit OP, ok... So tone them down, problem solved). Also if you found lower more "useless" runes you could combine them and work your way up. Even the freaking useless items in D2 could be made useful, and again stats roll between exceptional and godly

Good point D2 vanilla had runes and runewords. So then all the expansion did was add in a new act. I get it now the expansion did not exist at all. That is an illusion, D2 comparison is comparing D2 only because the expansion was never made right.

SA is showing his D2 noobdom again...
Reply Quote
OP,

Okay, considering what you said in your "Item Overview in D2," I don't think you actually played D2. If you did, it was very little. Your entire overview of that game just "felt" weird. Like you were passing on something you heard and/or read. And either way, some things you said were just plain wrong.

Okay, that's all I had to say. Carry on!
Edited by deacon8#1815 on 2/3/2013 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
OP,

Okay, considering what you said in your "Item Overview in D2," I don't think you actually played D2. If you did, it was very little. Your entire overview of that game just "felt" weird. Like you were passing on something you heard and/or read. And either way, some things you said were just plain wrong.

Okay, that's all I had to say. Carry on!

As someone who played 1000+ hours of D2 I would say the OP is spot on. Maybe it's you who is relying on secondhand information.
Reply Quote
+1 game went backwards not forward.
Reply Quote
OP,Okay, considering what you said in your "Item Overview in D2," I don't think you actually played D2. If you did, it was very little. Your entire overview of that game just "felt" weird. Like you were passing on something you heard and/or read. And either way, some things you said were just plain wrong.Okay, that's all I had to say. Carry on!

Care to provide a single example or is this pretty much you arguing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcHWeAzoXd4
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]