Diablo® III

D3 Item Game: A Big Step Back

+1 to the OP

you re the hero.
Reply Quote
I would like if any body reading this thread has not played D2+expac go buy it and play it for a week or 2. Then come back here and explain you're experience.

I used to host hard core hellforge runs on my zoomancer for my friends lvl 1 char why? It was Challenging, Fun and Rewarding He was not uber by and stretch of the imagination. His gear was good and because of the play style i liked and stat points i could assign i could in a few hours drag a full game of 8 to the forge in hell. It was not easy but fun.

There is no such ( I well call this a event ) in D3.

I think like the majority in this thread the game is to gear dependent. Having the choose to use stat points were you want greatly changes how you use items.
Reply Quote
The level of the items should be a good guide, not how it is working right now, in Inferno you cant get under level 58(only follower specials), but it is actualy not that good than was a level 58+ item before.
Reply Quote
And please don't feed me the usual "D2 didn't have at launch" garbage,
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8135/diabloevolution.jpg
is not how a business should be progressing with their products in terms of amount of features. If D2 LOD left off with a certain feature, D3 should have improved on it or at the very least replaced it with something new. It feels like they simply deleted half the game and dusted their hands off.

nail -> head
Reply Quote
The items NEED be improvement, based on Diablo 2.

It is amazing to see as this game, after eight months, do not be nothing.

The BETA of PoE is more solid, than this game.
Reply Quote
I think David Brevik pointed it out well

Blizzard is left with only noooooooooobs
Reply Quote
Amazing post OP, +1 !!!
Reply Quote
Agree with everything OP has to say, they devolved the game.

I think everyone should realize the harsh truth about this game, it will never be like D2 or anything like D2 or anything that comes close to it, unless blizz decides to change this game completely, (itemization, skills, attributes, passives, removing AH, the aweful storyline, chat system, terrible acts, and the list just goes on...) these changes will never happen (maybe in D4 in 30 years), if you still got your hopes up, I suggest you to move on... this game is rotten by the core.
Reply Quote
This was posted months ago, probably around 1.04, and sums this whole post up quite nicely

make sure to use your zoom

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9989/infographiclarge.png

I like D3 for a couple different reasons, but that being said I don't care if you never played d2 a second of your life or consider yourself the biggest d3 fanboi in the universe, the itemization in this game is horribly broken and ruined what was one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) part of what made diablo games so fun

and to the guy who tried to counter-argue the OP with giving examples of how white/blue/yellow items are not worthless because they can be used between levels 0-60 stop, just stop, the damp hollow under your bridge misses you
Edited by HODOR#1781 on 2/3/2013 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 12:41 PMPosted by HODOR
and to the guy who tried to counter-argue the OP with giving examples of how white/blue/yellow items are not worthless because they can be used between levels 0-60 stop, just stop, the damp hollow under your bridge misses you

What's funny is the people that use this as an argument are the same people who will say "Well the point of Diablo is farming at the highest levels" in response to people who say they quit after 1 playthrough of normal.
Reply Quote
My biggest annoyance when it comes to itemization in this game are the lack luster affixes and the massive RNG.

Crafting is horrible due to the large gold/material prices where the rng ruins those items.

Oh and also class items that have non class affixes... horrible idea which wrecks a lot of items.

Anyways, legendary/set drops SHOULD make you excited... but... in the end they are usually horrible due to the rng. Plus the fact that some legendary items were made poorly to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Wrong.
Blues get plenty of use from levels 1-40ish.
In the endgame they are valuable as materials which often sell for decent gold.

Since you seem to enjoy pointing out flaws, I'll point out yours.

The opportunity cost, time, (=money) of picking up blues, scrapping them, then subsequently selling the mats on the AH is so absurdly high that no sane farmer would put one second of time into it.

That is of course assuming your objective is to make gold, like you describe.
Edited by Sungrey#1201 on 2/3/2013 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Gold (Rune Words): Possibly the most inventive, creative, interesting, and fun crafting mechanics I've ever experienced in a game, why they didn't carry it over blows my mind to pieces (They were a bit OP, ok... So tone them down, problem solved). Also if you found lower more "useless" runes you could combine them and work your way up. Even the freaking useless items in D2 could be made useful, and again stats roll between exceptional and godly

Could not agree more. I cannot tell you how many countless hours i spent farming runes for D2 if they wanted to truly add an expanding part of the game Rune Words would be the best imaginable in my opinion
Reply Quote
@op +1
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Maelphicient
Could not agree more. I cannot tell you how many countless hours i spent farming runes for D2 if they wanted to truly add an expanding part of the game Rune Words would be the best imaginable in my opinion

Me too, and for me it wasn't just high runes for high end items. Building low & mid level runewords for your new toons was also fun.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 03:17 PMPosted by IllIllllIllI

Me too, and for me it wasn't just high runes for high end items. Building low & mid level runewords for your new toons was also fun.

Sadly Diablo 3 actively encourages players not to start new characters, so even if they copied the rune system from D2 it wouldn't really track the same way in D3.

Paragon levels, the skill tree, the max character limit per account all make it harder for the diablo 2 systems to work. Makes me wonder why they made the choices they did with each individual system; other than just to do something different and differentiate themselves from the pack.
Reply Quote
D2 had it all over D# in drops. There has always been a problem with crappy drops with D3 and now since they dumbed it down from the origional release it is a 1 out of a million chance the average person will get anything good. Most would not even recognize and would probably faint if a really good one dropped. I have maxed out magic find and I still get crap all the time and do not receive any more rare and legendary drops than I did when I was 150. I know because I have been keeping count each run. You can not even make items as I have spent over 50 mil and have yet to make anything worth over 100000. 6 item make often yield actually 5 item on the armor. Why can't Blizzard get this fixed so you do not have to buy everything for your character at the over priced auction house which also is getting low on the good stuff which is because of bad drops that most of us have. I think that the really good stuff is there is seeded anyways.
Reply Quote
+1 OP.
Blizzard needs to reconsider the white and grey, all those items that no ever uses. I believe they, or Jay wilson, had some plan for those items to be able to used by players.
May be the idea is wondering and may included in the expansion, hopefully. Otherwise, removing those items from the game won't be the worst thing to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]