Diablo® III

need advice for new monk cyclone

Hi guys, my barb is now almost 100 (paragon 95 at the moment). would probably reach 100 within the next week or so, depending on how busy i get with school. Anyway, my next character would be a monk with cyclone build. I dont want a TR build because my WW barb is almost like it and it gets a little boring just running around and stuff.

Anyway, just want to ask what is the minimum requirements for a good cyclone monk build that can farm mp4-5.

Dps?
CC?
Dex?
total hp?
Armor?
CD?
AS?
AR?
Loh or LS?

feel free to look at my monk (name: monkey, level 60 (paragon 0) )
Any items i need to change? i know i have to swap my helm with a mempo with CC but those get little expensive. :|

Budget: 90million only
Reply Quote
I suggest you post in monk forum better, the threads get pushed down very fast in general.

There's allot of good and helpful monks there too.

For a start, you might need about 40+ critical chance to proc continuously, the rest of the stats is similar to every other monks. Do a mix and match for your budget and since you're not going TR, spirit regeneration is not as important.

If you're going dual wielding route, then get as much LOH and attack speed, if you're 2-H (best for TR) I suggest you get maximus with Life steal, critical damage and socket. The chain from the monster summon by maximus will generate cyclone tornadoes. Get your dps to around 80k dps and you're set in farming mp1 with ease.

Use dashing strike if you like to move fast since you don't have TR. Will allow you to maintain your cyclone wind easily. Inna 4 pieces isn't cheap, but getting that for -70 sweeping wind cost is nice too.
Reply Quote
Look at monk for guidance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]