Diablo® III

Would a ww barb or cm wiz do ubers faster/easier

Would a 500m budget barb run mp10 solo ubers faster and easier then a cm wiz with the same budget?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
A Whirlwind Barbarian will likely clear the content the quickest due to the inherent nature of the speed at which they can run.

Any other build, all classes would be similarly the same.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
would run speed be a factor in ubers?
I was thinking more killing speed and survivability comparison.
Reply Quote
WTS barb
Reply Quote
With the same budget my bet would be on the barbarian.

Droth, 1) speed doesn't matter in Ubers, and 2) Wormhole.

Dobie, don't mind Droth. Despite his green text he's really confused about how this game works.
Reply Quote

Dobie, don't mind Droth. Despite his green text he's really confused about how this game works.

I think speed does matters unless u wanna hit the enrage timers of the ubers .
Reply Quote
I would say 500m isn't enough for barb for mp10 solo; wiz I can't sure.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Xtasis
I think speed does matters unless u wanna hit the enrage timers of the ubers .

MOVEspeed doesn't matter, which is what Droth confusingly brought up.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 10:28 PMPosted by stefan
I would say 500m isn't enough for barb for mp10 solo; wiz I can't sure.

Not even in the parking lot of the ballpark for a wiz.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile

Ouch, your words cut deep...

I actually didn't see the word "Ubers" the first time I read it. I assumed they were just asking about doing MP10 runs.

MUH BAD GUYZ
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
For the sole purpose of ubers, I would go with CM wizard. I'd say for everything in the game besides the zoltun kulle and siegebreaker fight, the barb will kill and move faster and die less than the wizard, but that fight is iffy for a barb on that budget. You can get away with lower DPS to solo the ubers than people realize, which allows you to focus heavily on defense as a CM wiz. The only uber fight that gives well-geared wizards trouble is maghda/sk, but it just takes some care. There's a reason why they are so highly sought after in uber groups.

This is speaking from my experience (as a barb) with playing almost daily with a CM wiz since the beginning of 1.04. Both of us have very similar gear values and are generally almost as effective as the other. I was able to handle MP10 keyfarming before he could, and still do it with more comfort and speed than him, but he was the first to solo all 3 of the ubers on MP10, and Siege/Kulle are still very difficult for me.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/3/2013 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
haha its ok droth.
yeah KILLspeed is a factor, RUNspeed not so much.
so in terms of tankability of a barb compared to the permafrost/somewhat tanking of a cm wiz
would a barb that can tank mp10 in a 500m budget beat a cm wiz who can permafreeze/tank mp10

but i think im going to cut the budget into 250m each and make them both haha
change the mp to 7-8

thanks silverfire
Edited by Dobie#1478 on 2/3/2013 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Depends on a few factors:

1) What items you acquire between both characters at the estimate
2) The player's ability with CM or WW. One player might be better at whirlwinding then critical mass.
3) How fast they acquire the 5 stacks of Valor. Albeit the Festering Woods has 4-5 stacks but the concentration is a factor.
Reply Quote
seriously doubt you can with 500m make a cm wiz that can solo mp10 ubers without hitting the enrage timer.

although making one that is sheer control without dps "might" be possible. especially if party mates can ress if you make a mistake
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 2/4/2013 1:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]