Diablo® III

Alleged 'pro' players.

The thing that makes it work for me is my wife has a good job at a hospital with great dental and medical. Ive never made over $50,000 in a year, and without the benefits like her job offers I can't see a way you can support yourself or a family strictly from gaming.
I've been self-employed since 2008 so I can sympathize and know how you feel. Getting hurt or sick is the worst part and not having dental or medical is a really big downside, especially when your state pulls out Medicaid b/c they're anti-Obama. It is possible to have those benefits though, you're just supposed to buy them yourself. I'd gladly buy them if I made 5 figures but I don't. Been having a very rough patch with this game and I've gone back to farming which I swore off awhile ago :(
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:59 AMPosted by Abomb247
I'd like to see anyone prove they are making a living (not just making money) strictly off of playing D3.../yeah right

There are live streamers that do that and that's all they do. I was watching Advoid live stream last night and he had like 75bucks in donations for the day. and 375viewers that's it. If he becomes even more popular add in more donations. The money he makes off RMAH. I am sure he is doing better then a lot of people working 40hours in a week making minimum wage. After taxes you make 8bucks a hour you are getting like what 250bucks a week paycheck. If he sold something yesterday for 250. and had 75 in donations he just made in 1 day what someone makes in a hard working week. So yes there are people who do make a living off diablo and are good at it.

Prove it instead of making crap up....
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Zevlag
I keep seeing people on here calling other players 'pros'. The way I see it is: Unless you're getting PAID to play D3, or any other game for that matter, you are NOT a pro. Just because a person puts a million hours into a game and has the 'best' gear and a lot of gold, it still doesn't make them a 'pro'. Um, selling things on the rmah doesn't make one a pro, either, so... That's not being PAID to play a game, no matter how you look at it. Yes, check my profile, dog me out, whatever, but what I wrote in this comment is still going to be true. Have a nice day! : )

well the so called "pro" players might of made more cash than a regular player via the rmah so in a way they are getting paid
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Aggrothis
PRO of auction houses lol. That's what this games all about.

yep this game is all about who can scam the most people into over spending and who can scam to most people in trades etc
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 07:51 AMPosted by pcjunkie

Just cause you don't understand something doesn't mean someone has to prove it. He is one of many that make a living off this game. I know some ppl that have to file D3 taxes since they made over 20k from paypal on it.
Reply Quote

Just cause you don't understand something doesn't mean someone has to prove it. He is one of many that make a living off this game. I know some ppl that have to file D3 taxes since they made over 20k from paypal on it.

Good lets see some W2's, proof of Insurance, 401K's, tax write offs for the pc they use, etc...since they are going to retire playing D3 maybe a pension plan as well. I understand perfectly well that people like to talk stupid until they actually have to back it up. Making a living isn't simply making short term money and I understand that a lot of people making a living don't have all that stuff but what your saying is ridiculous so just stop..
Edited by pcjunkie#1409 on 2/4/2013 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
How about more explosions?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 08:44 AMPosted by pcjunkie
Good lets see some W2's, proof of Insurance, 401K's, tax write offs for the pc they use, etc...since they are going to retire playing D3 maybe a pension plan as well. I understand perfectly well that people like to talk stupid until they actually have to back it up. Making a living isn't simply making short term money and I understand that a lot of people making a living don't have all that stuff but what your saying is ridiculous so just stop..

How is it ridiculous just because you can't do it doesn't mean other have not. You are like the person claiming the world is flat till proven different. Constantly new things happen and change. I don't think it is ridiculous to make 20k in a year playing diablo since people can do it. Instead of saying this is ridiculous maybe ask hey can I do it to and try if you so desire to.

Abomb out- Knowledge is Power!!
Reply Quote
These streamers are hilarious, they are just lazy panhandlers who want to play games instead of siting out on the street asking for handouts.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Abomb247

How is it ridiculous just because you can't do it doesn't mean other have not. You are like the person claiming the world is flat till proven different. Constantly new things happen and change. I don't think it is ridiculous to make 20k in a year playing diablo since people can do it. Instead of saying this is ridiculous maybe ask hey can I do it to and try if you so desire to.

Abomb out- Knowledge is Power!!

Grow up kid...its not about whether you or I can do it or not. I'll leave it right there since you have no intention of actually proving it or backing anything up. And yes I understand there are actually professional gamers, their just not doing it for a LIVING playing D3.
Reply Quote
That's not being PAID to play a game

There are plenty of pro players that are not being paid/sponsored. Being paid doesn't make you pro. You can be a skill-less casual and get paid to play a video game.

Also the term is Professional. Being paid doesn't make you one or entitle you to that quality. I actually do get paid in $ to play games (Yo dawg, you mirin my 2 hour power leveling) or [Affliation]-Bro gank people in Dark Souls.

I don't usually call someone out for being butt-hurt WoW player, but maaaaaaaaaan I call them like I see them.

I consider one of my good friends a professional gamer. While he does generate revenue from playing various types of games, he can actually use his brain and brings a certain level of care that you don't see from the typical casual. Oh, and he's above average in almost every competitive game he plays even if he does rage a bit.

Similarly I used to consider myself a professional Super Turbo player when I was a teen. I was rarely beat by anyone (who was actually good) and I did win some local fame and $ doing it. I've become more of a casual Fighting game player in recent years. I don't even own UMVC3 yet, but I know how to combo lock kids with Doom. Spoiler: FooFOOTDIVEfooFOOTDIVEBEAMBEAMBEAMBEAM BLEEEEEEEEEENDER
Reply Quote
I would consider spending real money on my character a complete waste of profit
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/11/2013 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:05 AMPosted by pcjunkie
Grow up kid...its not about whether you or I can do it or not. I'll leave it right there since you have no intention of actually proving it or backing anything up. And yes I understand there are actually professional gamers, their just not doing it for a LIVING playing D3

First off I am not a Kid and going to flaming and trolling shows your char. I thought we were having a friendly discussion. I am not the one making a living off D3 so lets get it straight so I have nothing to provide for you. I also have nothing to try or want to back up. I just am stating that people do it cause I have seen it done. Maybe if they decide to chime in and actually put up the information for you then /nods to them. If not then just be angry like you are. This is forums you can leave the hatred just turned down a notch or 2.
Reply Quote
This screenshot is a month old. It is showing 1 folder of my email where only items from Blizzard Entertainment go:http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/AHhistory2.pnghttp://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot228_zpsab6d0cd3.jpgI would consider spending real money on my character a complete waste of profit so I would never do it. I try sell most of my wealth instead of improving my character. I never sell an item for less than $3. Since I have over 3,000 transactions (6,000+ emails from blizzard), I'll let you do the math.

Bingo!!! Thankyou. Sigh some people are just ignorant and realize what some people actually accomplish in this game. Gratz for being successful at the game.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Abomb247
Grow up kid...its not about whether you or I can do it or not. I'll leave it right there since you have no intention of actually proving it or backing anything up. And yes I understand there are actually professional gamers, their just not doing it for a LIVING playing D3

First off I am not a Kid and going to flaming and trolling shows your char. I thought we were having a friendly discussion. I am not the one making a living off D3 so lets get it straight so I have nothing to provide for you. I also have nothing to try or want to back up. I just am stating that people do it cause I have seen it done. Maybe if they decide to chime in and actually put up the information for you then /nods to them. If not then just be angry like you are. This is forums you can leave the hatred just turned down a notch or 2.

Calm down kid...just because you say its so doesn't make it true do matter how many times you claim it. Its easy to say I don't have to prove anything on the Internet isn't it. Exactly why am I a troll or flaming again? I'm trying to have an adult conversation...
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Daaammmnn

This screenshot is a month old. It is showing 1 folder of my email where only items from Blizzard Entertainment go:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/AHhistory2.png

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot228_zpsab6d0cd3.jpg

I would consider spending real money on my character a complete waste of profit so I would never do it. I try sell most of my wealth instead of improving my character. I never sell an item for less than $3. Since I have over 3,000 transactions (6,000+ emails from blizzard), I'll let you do the math.

owned beyond comprehension

WTF does that prove? you can make money short term...so what, did you see he made a whole whopping $40+ before blizz's/paypal cut on the 30th. Look at the other dates. come on, jeeezz kids....
Reply Quote
If
02/04/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Zevlag
Unless you're getting PAID to play D3, or any other game for that matter, you are NOT a pro.

then what to say of those who pay to play wow?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]