Diablo® III

Alleged 'pro' players.

1mil gold = 25 cent...

Pro...lmao... McDonalds employees are more pro than that.. Workers in the poorest countries in the world earn more... lol

you don't know mexicans then, they earn 4 dollars for 8 hours of working...
Reply Quote

you obv don't know any AH tycoons with billions of gold.

Good luck to them trying to dump all that garbage.

Good luck? Why would they need luck, lmfao. It sells at 25 cents per million. Guaranteed. No luck needed. Not saying it's a good rate, but it's there and it's consistent.

ggnore
Reply Quote
1mil gold = 25 cent...

Pro...lmao... McDonalds employees are more pro than that.. Workers in the poorest countries in the world earn more... lol

you obv don't know any AH tycoons with billions of gold.

those idiots with billions of gold had there chance to cash out at $1.50.......where they at now .25c LOL
Reply Quote
I'm a pro!

Only 2 Dolla!

5 Dolla, lub ya long time!
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Zevlag
That's not being PAID to play a game, no matter how you look at it.

I have a feeling the IRS will consider RMAH sales as getting paid because Blizzard sends the account to PayPal as a payment.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2013 10:07 PMPosted by TianZi
I have a feeling the IRS will consider RMAH sales as getting paid because Blizzard sends the account to PayPal as a payment.

But you don't have to pay taxes on it unless its over 20,000 usd. or a certain number of transactions.
Reply Quote
1mil gold = 25 cent...

Okay? 100m is $25? I don't see your point...
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 07:06 AMPosted by bonerown
The thing that makes it work for me is my wife has a good job at a hospital with great dental and medical. Ive never made over $50,000 in a year, and without the benefits like her job offers I can't see a way you can support yourself or a family strictly from gaming. Im able to make 20k-50k a year on avg from gaming and its basically just our families spending money. So my point is you can def make some money being a gamer and consider it being "pro", but to do it by yourself and support yourself through times when things change in gaming, or you get hurt and have huge dr. bills, I dont see that being a possibility.

If I were rich, with little to no concern about budgeting, this would be perfectly acceptable for my spouse/significant other to indulge himself. But if I'm hitting a snooze button to grab a few extra minutes before I prep for a real job, hell would freeze over first before this would ever be acceptable. Outright, high risk, self-indulgent gamble with no real stability. Your wife is a saint.
Edited by Anniveve#1818 on 2/5/2013 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
The thing that makes it work for me is my wife has a good job at a hospital with great dental and medical. Ive never made over $50,000 in a year, and without the benefits like her job offers I can't see a way you can support yourself or a family strictly from gaming. Im able to make 20k-50k a year on avg from gaming and its basically just our families spending money. So my point is you can def make some money being a gamer and consider it being "pro", but to do it by yourself and support yourself through times when things change in gaming, or you get hurt and have huge dr. bills, I dont see that being a possibility.

If I were rich, with little to no concern about budgeting, this would be perfectly acceptable for my spouse/significant other to indulge himself. But if I'm hitting a snooze button to grab a few extra minutes before I prep for a real job, hell would freeze over first before this would ever be acceptable. Outright, high risk, self-indulgent gamble with no real stability. Your wife is a saint.

Now you can see the idiocy I'm dealing with in this thread. "I can pay my bills for a few months from D3 because I have supplemental income so you can make a living off of D3...so I'm right and that makes you stupid and a troll" :-)

If they only gave it a good long thought about their illogical argument!
Edited by pcjunkie#1409 on 2/5/2013 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
As a female, in my collective experience, women of substance, who command respect from their partners would shoot this down in a NY minute. It's the equivalent of making the announcement you've resigned in order to become an online poker player....

Orly?

I want to grow up and be a philanthropist or maybe a ballerina! Care to help make that happen dear?

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
Reply Quote

But you don't have to pay taxes on it unless its over 20,000 usd. or a certain number of transactions.

The $20,000 USD or 200 transactions is a reporting requirement on PayPal. They have to report your gross payments to the IRS when those limits are exceeded.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you have to pay taxes on what you get paid through PayPal, and anyone who has been paid anything for D3 should make sure that they pay any taxes due whether or not the thresholds triggering PayPal's reporting requirement have been met. Consulting an accountant might well be necessary.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Zevlag
Just because a person puts a million hours into a game and has the 'best' gear and a lot of gold, it still doesn't make them a 'pro'.

Well if someone puts 1 million hours into the game, i would consider him a pro. If he puts 2 million hours into the game, id consider him a legend!

btw, all these livestreamers can feel me up where no man has felt me up before.
Reply Quote

The $20,000 USD or 200 transactions is a reporting requirement on PayPal. They have to report your gross payments to the IRS when those limits are exceeded.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you have to pay taxes on what you get paid through PayPal, and anyone who has been paid anything for D3 should make sure that they pay any taxes due whether or not the thresholds triggering PayPal's reporting requirement have been met. Consulting an accountant might well be necessary.

Funny how some of these "Pro Gamers" forget that you actually have to pay taxes on your earnings...
Reply Quote
You simply are not satisfied with the answer.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/11/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Chillaxin
I can pay my bills for a few months from D3 because I have supplemental income so you can make a living off of D3

We provided proof that you can make a living without any help from any other income. You asked if anyone can do it, and we said yes. You simply are not satisfied with the answer.

You haven't provided any proof whatsoever about making a living with D3 but go ahead and shout it to the world. I'm done and putting you on ignore.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/05/2013 08:22 AMPosted by pcjunkie
You haven't provided any proof whatsoever about making a living with D3 but go ahead and shout it to the world. I'm done and putting you on ignore.

Your relentless in your stance and trolling. I am very impressed. Its like you live for it. I bet you also believe no one. Why is that? Did something bad happen and traumatize you? I only ask because I care.
Reply Quote
Just in case of "narrow-mind"ness clouding judgements:

- Working in underpaid jobs still is a profession, hence "pro";
- Poor countries have billionaires (and people richer than you), the problem usually is the gap between the riches and middle class, taxes, lack of welfare, etc.
- "Rich countries" nowadays have double-digit unnemployment and the money from "poor countries" riches is very welcome. There are rich people and poor people in the world, not fees from middle-ages, kings and servants, etc.

After the patronizing OT travel...

There are "pro gamers" nowadays (guys with sponsors, network contracts, etc.) - people that play games for living, even when they aren't that good.

On the quality side - as in e-sports with sponsors and etc. - there aren't "d3 pros", just because the game isn't skill based enough to become an e-sport yet. (Fell free to remove the yet).

Good player or bad player, if someone plays the game for living, it becomes a profession. In the case of D3, we have professional gamers playing d3 (the game matters, not the game). We don't have a ladder system or score something to say who's good and who's the pro.

If you buy everything with Rmah gold, have thousands of elite kills and paid someone to rush you through hardcore inferno, buying gear on "black market", you'll certainly look like a pro, but we don't have ways to measure, just numbers on a paper. You can make assumptions, but you can't be sure.

And you don't need to play the game to make money on d3, you just need to flip. Maybe we don't have pro-players, but pro-botters in the past or pro-flippers. Having tons of gold on RMAH and D3 money on pay pal, it means you're "rich", not "pro".
Reply Quote

You seem to have an issue with thinking outside the box you have been raised to believe in. My wife doesnt tell me what is "acceptable" and i dont tell her what is "acceptable", we work together and come up with a plan that best suits our family. You may be a female but clearly a female with little knowledge on how to make a relationship work. If your husband came to you(clearly you are not in a meaningful relationship and if you are i feel sorry for your significant other) with the idea of doing something he rly enjoyed even tho it was risky, you think you have the authority to "shoot it down"? As tho your authority is the be all end all of a relationship. Good luck staying married for over a year or 2 to a man "of substance" If my wife came to me with an idea for her to do something she loved and we could make it work as a family then i would be all for it. It just so happens I have the ability to consistently make money playing various things over the internet, for going on 12 years now, seems fairly stable to me considering gaming is becoming more and more mainstream. I didnt think it was relevant at the time, but I have also raised 2 beautiful girls over the last 9 years, all while making a very helpful income doing things I love. I feel sorry for your perspective on life and what makes you and the others around you happy. The entire point of my post was that without the right situation gaming can't support a family or maybe even a single person through the ups and downs life brings. I wonder what your thought is about a stay at home mother who takes care of children yet provides zero income for her family? im guessing you consider them worthless leeches, since you nearly classified me as that.
Edited by bonerown#1307 on 2/5/2013 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
What if I bring my laptop to work and, because I work under minimal supervision, play Diablo 3 all night. I am then technically being paid to play D3. Am I a pro?

EDIT: I would never do that by the way ;)
Edited by Leviathon#1264 on 2/5/2013 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]