Diablo® III

Alleged 'pro' players.

02/04/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Zevlag
I keep seeing people on here calling other players 'pros'. The way I see it is: Unless you're getting PAID to play D3, or any other game for that matter, you are NOT a pro. Just because a person puts a million hours into a game and has the 'best' gear and a lot of gold, it still doesn't make them a 'pro'. Um, selling things on the rmah doesn't make one a pro, either, so... That's not being PAID to play a game, no matter how you look at it. Yes, check my profile, dog me out, whatever, but what I wrote in this comment is still going to be true. Have a nice day! : )

Your complete lack of common sense is amusing.

Pro player = skillful player, no one thinks 'pro player' used in d3 forums means literally professional player but you..and you actually made a thread about your complete lack of common sense..
jeez
Edited by Contra#6857 on 2/5/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pro player = skillful player, no one thinks 'pro player' used in d3 forums means literally professional player but you..and you actually made a thread about your complete lack of common sense..jeez

I can agree with that completely this discussion got shifted to making a living at diablo as opposed to whether you are a Pro. Or skillful.
Reply Quote
Do you feel that only people with hard jobs should be proud?
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/11/2013 8:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Abomb247
Pro player = skillful player, no one thinks 'pro player' used in d3 forums means literally professional player but you..and you actually made a thread about your complete lack of common sense..jeez

I can agree with that completely this discussion got shifted to making a living at diablo as opposed to whether you are a Pro. Or skillful.

I think some are confusing pro with expert. A pro can be an expert, though a pro doesn't have to be an expert.
Reply Quote
I keep seeing people on here calling other players 'pros'. The way I see it is: Unless you're getting PAID to play D3, or any other game for that matter, you are NOT a pro. Just because a person puts a million hours into a game and has the 'best' gear and a lot of gold, it still doesn't make them a 'pro'. Um, selling things on the rmah doesn't make one a pro, either, so... That's not being PAID to play a game, no matter how you look at it. Yes, check my profile, dog me out, whatever, but what I wrote in this comment is still going to be true. Have a nice day! : )

thats the thing... WE do get paid... once you can farm MP5 with 375 MF and GF from zero NV stacks.. you start making alot more gold then random noobs :)
Reply Quote
The way I see it is: Unless you're getting PAID to play D3, or any other game for that matter, you are NOT a pro.

Wow... you are really bringing up the "pro" argument here? It's been done thousands of times about every game already!

I remember people making the same statement about Diablo 2 and the argument was already old then.

-JJ
Reply Quote
When me and some of my friends would play Foosball we would always say.

"I'm probably Pro!"

So yeah, I'm probably Pro.
Reply Quote

Pro player = skillful player, no one thinks 'pro player' used in d3 forums means literally professional player but you..and you actually made a thread about your complete lack of common sense..
jeez

I don't know why you have to be such a jackhole about it. You could have just explained the non-official meaning of the term and moved on. Instead, you went all narcissistic and condescending with your comment. Who are you to be on a pedestal? Nobody, that's who.
Reply Quote
Kudos to the real professional gamers getting paid to do what they love, who wouldn't want that?

However the tax dodging people on un-employment / welfare who subsidize their income from a video game technically illegally ( since their not paying tax ) should really just go jump off a bridge because they're part of the reason the USA is almost bankrupt.

Thats just my opinion but it doesnt bother me either way i work, pay taxes, have a family and own my home free and clear at 28 ( also with no college degree ) oops sorry to bring that up lol...

Have a great day!
Reply Quote
1mil gold = 25 cent...

Pro...lmao... McDonalds employees are more pro than that.. Workers in the poorest countries in the world earn more... lol

Quad boxing while playing the AH, you'll make 2-3 times the money you'd make working at McDonalds if not more.
Reply Quote

jeez

Your complete lack of diction and concious thought amuses me...He is correct. Either way he makes a distinct point. You either misunderstand the definition of a "Professional" by considering a professional only a man of "skill". Or you have a bad sense of synonyms for a skillful individual.

Professional = a person who is paid to undertake a specialized set of tasks and to complete them for a fee.

Let your tiny mind fear not though. Both of these problems can be solved with good old Merriam-Webster's. Stay in school fool, don't do drugs...
Edited by RabidPeanut#1344 on 2/5/2013 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Regarding the YouTube Gamers putting out their helpful or amusing content.

They are professionals. Professional YouTubers/Marketers.
They get paid based on adverts and views from YouTube...not from Blizzard. You tube doesn't care just because they choose gaming as their following base. As long as the hits keep coming they get paid for the traffic.
Therefore, to be considered an actual bonified Diablo 3 Professional you need to,

A. Compete in tournament events and receive monetary sums for your competition.
or
B. Blizzard pays your personally for your "gaming services". Ex. Game Tester

If you make "good money" on the auction house you are a professional digital marketer not a professional gamer. You are selling a digital product not a task or service.

Digital Marketer- marketing that makes use of electronic devices such as computers, tablets, smartphones, cellphones, digital billboards, and game consoles to engage with consumers and other business partners.
Reply Quote
[quote="78092101466"][quote]Somewhere there's a guy with a college degree who's house is also paid for, only he doesn't have to share his house with tenants.

Hrm, funny. The most financially secure people I know have no college education whatsoever. College education is no guarantee of success and is not necessary by any means to make a very comfortable living. In fact, many people with college degrees are unemployed right now. College grads are a dime a dozen.
Reply Quote
It all boils down to how you define "pro". It's a totally subjective word in this application. Different people will hold different opinions on what constitutes "pro".
Reply Quote
[quote][quote]Somewhere there's a guy with a college degree who's house is also paid for, only he doesn't have to share his house with tenants.

Hrm, funny. The most financially secure people I know have no college education whatsoever. College education is no guarantee of success and is not necessary by any means to make a very comfortable living. In fact, many people with college degrees are unemployed right now. College grads are a dime a dozen.

So you're implying you don't need to go to college to make a living. Duh. But get this:

Statistically, those with college educations make significantly more money per year than those without. This is not an opinion -- this is a fact. Saying you personally know X in order to prove some grander point is irrational. It's using a personal anecdote to make a point -- it's not a valid form of debate. Here, watch: "I know 10 people who smoked 10 packs of cigarettes per day for 60 years -- not a single one ever succumbed to cancer. Therefore cigarettes don't cause cancer". Statistically, cigarettes are associated with cancer. My personal anecdote, while it may or may not fall in line with the trend, does not prove nor disprove it. Same goes to you with regard to college education and whether or not your successful friends went to college.

That college grads are "dime a dozen" may very well be true, contingent on properly interpreting "dime a dozen" of course. However, this does not change the simple and readily searchable fact that those with college educations still make more per year, on average, than those without.

TL;DR obviously one can make a living -- even a good living -- without college. However, statistically speaking, those with college educations make significantly more than those without, on average.
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 2/6/2013 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you make enough money out of Twitch.tv/youtube advertising to make a living out of gaming, your a pro gamer in the very definition of the word.

OP's intelligence 1/10-
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Chillaxin
I'd like to see anyone prove they are making a living (not just making money) strictly off of playing D3...

This screenshot is a month old. It is showing 1 folder of my email where only items from Blizzard Entertainment go:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/AHhistory2.png

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot228_zpsab6d0cd3.jpg

I would consider spending real money on my character a complete waste of profit so I would never do it. I try sell most of my wealth instead of improving my character. I never sell an item for less than $3. Since I have over 3,000 transactions (6,000+ emails from blizzard), I'll let you do the math.

ROFL

RMAH picture- almost all of it was canceled. it proved nothing

email picture- hey i got that to, its called putting up gold for sell each million that sells you get a email. :O

see what i did there
Reply Quote
/INB4 what makes you a D3 n@@b thread
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 02:55 AMPosted by PointBlank69
hey i got that to, its called putting up gold for sell each million that sells you get a email.

Quoting out of context is pretty stupid.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/10/2013 11:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Pro Players typically don't play "Millions" of hours bc they play the game as efficently as possible. Pro players typically have "Millions" of hours to do other things or play other games. Just saying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]