Diablo® III

D3 is UNplayable due to blackscreen HELP

I am not getting any response from anyone in technical section of the forum so here I am.

AMD FX 8150 8core processor
Geforce GTX 560ti

It was okay, then out of nowhere, I started experiencing screen blackouts while playing D3.
Monitor loses signal from the GPU, computer goes into coma. I'd have to force power down and restart, which I hate doing.

This black screen is happening very often, I'd say every 5-10 mins or so at random.
This ONLY happens with D3, and it is unplayable for me right now.

If anyone has a fix for this, please help.
Reply Quote
anyone?
Reply Quote
I use a 550ti and I've never ran into this problem.

One thing I would try if i were you is uninstall drivers, then install the newest update.
Another thing I would do is lower the graphics in both in-game and Nvidia control panel.

Hope you get some luck!

Edit: Also it might be a power related issue so check the cables inside your computer to see if they are connected to you GPU correctly and also there is software that monitors your power settings for CPU and GPU--you might wanna check that out to see if they are normal.
Edited by burlapse#1233 on 2/4/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 run like crap on my PC. Its a high-end PC and I need to low setting down to lowest/med setting. Like Burlapse said update your drive is a good idea and try to check your CPU and GPU temp. You can use RealTemp to check for CPU and MSI Afterburner for GPU.

Did you only get blackscreen when play D3 or other games too?
Reply Quote
Blackscreen occur ONLY when I am playing diablo3.
Currently, my video card can run any game out in the market at max settings smooth like glass.

I have checked all cables, down-clocked 10 to 15% value at both core and mem, tried disabling AA and Vertical Sync, lowered the settings, including max FPS on fore and background.

GPU temps is at 32 idle, 60 in game.

I know that there was a huge group of D3 community who experienced this issue back in may through july of 2012. There has to be a fix... I know it isn't my rig. Any other ideas?
Reply Quote
here is an example

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592454698?page=2
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 11:54 PMPosted by dml618
Try replacing your mousepad

Seriously?

If you aren't here to help, go away.
Reply Quote
Maybe check your power supply. The last time I had black outs while gaming, it turned out to be a dying power supply. May not be your issue, but then it again it may be.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 12:21 AMPosted by Khendo
Maybe check your power supply. The last time I had black outs while gaming, it turned out to be a dying power supply. May not be your issue, but then it again it may be.

I do understand where you are coming from Khendo, but I can play system taxing games like Farcry3, Crysis2, Planetside2, for hours on end on max settings without a hiccup. I doubt that it is the power supply issue...

Any other suggestions? How did other players from back in May through July overcome this issue?
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 run like crap on my PC. Its a high-end PC and I need to low setting down to lowest/med setting. Like Burlapse said update your drive is a good idea and try to check your CPU and GPU temp. You can use RealTemp to check for CPU and MSI Afterburner for GPU.

Did you only get blackscreen when play D3 or other games too?

MSI Afterburner is on the list of programs that can cause DIII to crash. It is not recommended.

Use GPU-Z monitor graphics card temps. Use Core Temp to monitor CPU temps, it is more accurate.
Reply Quote
Are you 100% sure its only when you play D3? I mean have you tried playing other games for hours on end with zero issues? By any chance have you tried swapping monitors? My wife"s monitor went out a month ago kinda the same way.
Reply Quote
Listen and listen carefully:

Do not play Diablo 3 anymore, that black screen means your video card is about to get fried.

Contact Nvidia and dont play Diablo 3 anymore until they give you a good answer regarding the next steps to follow.
Reply Quote
I have read the thread you pointed us to and in it many talked about fan speed - to take it off manual and set it to high. This overheating problem may in fact be a major cause of your problem

I use a Nvdia 580 with 3 gigs on the card. It is a very powerful card. I got the 3 gig version cuz it was recommended for apps with very high resolution textures. I was playing with Second Life when I got it and that "game" is extremely graphic intensive with lots of high resolution textures. I extremely overclocked my card at that time and for other more graphic demanding games and I NEVER heard my card's fan. But for some reason with D3 the card gets very hot and the fan blows VERY loud most of the time.( It is not overclocked for D3). This has always been a mystery to me -- why does D3 get my card so hot the fan blows at max almost constantly.

So I know this is not much help but it seems to indicate that one possible culprit is your card is overheating.

One person on the other thread mentioned inadequate power supply may be the cause. The 560 is a very good card and requires a minimum power supply of 450 watts.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 2/5/2013 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have been intrigued by your issue and scanning the web for answers. It appears that one of the problems is that Blizzard (WOW) coding never lets your card idle and runs it at full blast at all times. I don't know if this is the case for D3 but it may be. It is likely this that makes my fan run at full blast almost all the time only when playing D3. One "fix" peeps had luck with was never setting your frame rate above 60 fps. You can do this via the D3 options panel.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 2/5/2013 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
I love how everyone pops in here acting like they are professionals on PC components. Some of the responses I've read so far have made me laugh.

Check your video card drivers, mate. If you are running Crysis2, Farcry 3 , and Planetside for hours at a time and not experiencing any video issues like 'hieroglyphs', discoloring, or freezing, the chances are your video card drivers are not agreeing with the game software somewhere.

If your video drivers are up to date, check your motherboard bios. There may be a chance your particular video card has some sort of compatibility issue with the motherboard. Usually, if there is a real noticeable problem, they will have a firmware update for your bios.

These will be the first thing to try before assuming what everyone else is assuming your issue is.

If your drivers/bios are up to date, the second thing I would look at is your memory. You can download memtest86 for free, put it to a CD or flash card, and have it run all night while your not using your system. That will let you know if you have bad sectors in your memory, and depending on your brand, they will usually replace them within 1-2 years.

It's doubtful your CPU or power supply are to blame, so I wouldn't worry about that. Reason being, Crysis and Farcry eat more power than Diablo 3 would for graphics.

And just because people will !@#$% about what do I know, not only am I A+ certified, MS in Computer Science, I have worked at companies such as Monarch Computers, Tiger Direct, and most currently Cisco for system repair. I have 6 years of college dedicated to my craft, and 10 years of hands on work experience.
Reply Quote
http://www.unigamesity.com/overheating-diablo-3-shutting-down-your-computer-heres-the-fix/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]