Diablo® III

Barb and d3rawr

Why does my barb show only 400k tdps, when I started using a .24 EF with a double crit mace instead of the same mace with a double crit dagger, and my tdps was only about 10k lower?
Reply Quote
I think I figured it out....I have to manually put in the Battle Rage buff....why didn't I have to do that before?
Reply Quote
Sorry your question is unclear.

If you switched to the EF and lost the dagger, the APS of both weapons increase giving you a way better overall attack speed. However, you are losing the "double crit" bonus of the dagger which gives you marginal increases in DPS.

P.S. You should really consider stacking some attack speed and not only CC/CD. It's super important for an efficient ww build.
Reply Quote
View profile
You have 6ias. Doesnt matter what you put in your OH. It's not going to give you great numbers. Only reason EF is useful is that it reduces the number of IAS slots you need to hit higher attacks per second on your other weapon. Daggers cannot do that, but they can roll more mods.
Reply Quote
I came into some money igg, so I bought an EF which you can see in my profile.

Previous OH weapon was a 650 dps dagger with 97% cd, socket w/70% gem, and lifesteal.

@PS: I would, but maintaining good EHP while getting some IAS is soooper expensive. Have a couple bids out on rings, but I don't think I can afford to drop IK helm or Strongarms for IAS legendaries, especially when crit versions are so high.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Palla
@PS: I would, but maintaining good EHP while getting some IAS is soooper expensive. Have a couple bids out on rings, but I don't think I can afford to drop IK helm or Strongarms for IAS legendaries, especially when crit versions are so high.

Trust me when I tell you that I share your pain...

Once you hit a certain DPS, everything just requires playing and farming...

Not a bad thing...but in time you WILL be able to afford that gear...

I'm living proof of that. :)
Reply Quote
I was able to hit the 2.5 breakpoints (fully buffed) with a SoJ with a very low budget giving me 1mil+ tdps vs elites and a livable EHP. Its all about finding the right upgrades even if it is just a 1 or 2 difference in ias.
Reply Quote
View profile
I came into some money igg, so I bought an EF which you can see in my profile.

Previous OH weapon was a 650 dps dagger with 97% cd, socket w/70% gem, and lifesteal.

That's really not the case. A non crit mempo is going to give you more EHP than any other decent helm. Non crit lacunis can give decent EHP as well, and yes, you can do without crit on helm and bracers. If you pick up those two slots then you'd only need gloves and a ring for IAS + EF to hit 2.5 APS with WOTB up.
Reply Quote
That's really not the case. A non crit mempo is going to give you more EHP than any other decent helm. Non crit lacunis can give decent EHP as well, and yes, you can do without crit on helm and bracers. If you pick up those two slots then you'd only need gloves and a ring for IAS + EF to hit 2.5 APS with WOTB up.

Even IK 2-piece? I suppose....I'd have to get a decent vit roll. Losing a solid 10% crit on gear for 12% MS, 18% IAS....you're right, the dps and tdps verify that the exchange is worthwhile.

Wow. Learn something new every day...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]