Diablo® III

Activision Blizzard 4Q Results: D3 12m sold WW

Diablo 3 is an awesome game

ROFL

You have 3 characters that are all level 60 and well into the paragon levels - with your main at paragon level 59. Given the number of hours that you must have put into this game, I guess that you agree with Zenjin that D3 is an awesome game.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 2/9/2013 1:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
I wonder how many sold after the first month

more than 200 percent.

Diablo will Always be around if they listen to the intellegent insight the people have to say to make the game better and more filling..... Even more than any of the diablo's if they fix the broken stuff...!
Reply Quote
best thing we can do as players is play the game if we feel like it and keep posting feedback on direction of the game

blizzard has promised to be the company that supports their games after launch even if we as players realize they dumbed down the game for launch to make this easier for themselves to accomplish this

up to us to not let this happen again and vote with our dollars

i for one wont be fooled into buying a blizzard game unless i beta tested enough of it to actually see myself happy with the game and not just waiting and hoping for it to get better
Reply Quote
path of exile is just too good nice and even recognized by most of games websites as the real successor of d2
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 01:04 AMPosted by Starblazer

ROFL

You have 3 characters that are all level 60 and well into the paragon levels - with your main at paragon level 59. Given the number of hours that you must have put into this game, I guess that you agree with Zenjin that D3 is an awesome game.

We got another psychic detective here. Here can figure out how someone is feeling and thinking simply by looking at their profile. Simply amazing.
Reply Quote

We got another psychic detective here. Here can figure out how someone is feeling and thinking simply by looking at their profile. Simply amazing.

he's got almost 20k elite kills - thats well over 500 hours played. If it took him 500 hours to figure out D3 is a bad game, he's an idiot.
Reply Quote
Quantity != Quality.

When i play i barely have a good time. I just play while I wait for the lunch to be prepared and so. And, in other cases, i play making an exersice of faith like "oh, come on, next one mob MUST drop something nice".

But no... XD
Edited by Vudugh#2106 on 2/9/2013 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Rahfal
That being said, I wonder if part of their 12M sold copies included the X amount of D3 players from the Annual Pass?

I'd love to see this statistic; I'd also love to know what % of these 12M sales represent separate, active gamers. How many of them are still logging in to play, or even to post to the forums? How many are multi-boxing? How many were just replacing a banned account? &c. It's too bad that Blizzard will never make this info public, but I sometimes wonder if they even know?.
Reply Quote
At $60.00 a pop that's $720,000,000.00. I would say they've made their money back. That doesn't even include what they've made from the AH.
Reply Quote

he's got almost 20k elite kills - thats well over 500 hours played. If it took him 500 hours to figure out D3 is a bad game, he's an idiot.

You are such a detective its amazing how much you can figure out you can even determine the actual amount of hours someone played just by the number of elite kills they have and determine they must have loved every minute of it. You should open your own P.I business you'd do really well solving mysteries. Just amazing.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 10:51 AMPosted by BornRed
At $60.00 a pop that's $720,000,000.00. I would say they've made their money back. That doesn't even include what they've made from the AH.

That's not how it works, minus all the overhead cost, marketing, logistics, they probably make about $15 to $20 per title sold, more for the digital copy since it takes logistics out of the equation and that can become a huge chunk of change, distributors takes a huge bite into the profits.

The continued cost are server maintenance, upkeep, customer service, existing staff and unlike Warcraft, they don't have a monthly fee so only the AH brings actual money in.

The AH, that's a good of a guess as anyone.. from a business perspective, it's genius, from a gamer's perspective, it's a love hate relationship.
Reply Quote
i duno where you people get the idea that it takes millions of dollars to repair the game it costs alot to produce the cds and boxes not fixing the game
Reply Quote

You are such a detective its amazing how much you can figure out you can even determine the actual amount of hours someone played just by the number of elite kills they have and determine they must have loved every minute of it. You should open your own P.I business you'd do really well solving mysteries. Just amazing.

LOL. Playing this game is voluntary. No one forces you to do it. It's not passive like watching TV either. You have to actually play the game to get elite kills. After 5k elite kills, you've seen everything and done everything there is to do in the game. So yah, if you spend 500 hours playing a game you either liked the game or you're an idiot for playing because you could have spent your time doing something else.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 2/9/2013 4:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
D3: 12 million sold
D3 Expac: 22 thousand sold
Reply Quote
#1 PC game of 2012, 12 million copies sold worldwide.

Pretty good for a dying game. See you all at the expac!

LOL yuh-okay haha that last part there, can't wait to see the expac #s if it's anything less than 6mil sold on day 1 you can go get bent.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/9/2013 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
And how much of that + the RMAH cut is actually being put back into the game?

My guess is, almost none of it.

Monetarily, this game is a massive success but from a gamers perspective; we got had.

I bougth this game because of Diablo as the franchise, blind faith if you will; D2 LoD is pretty much the pinnacle of ARPG but sadly they decided to take everything awsome about the previous title and throw it out the window.

Honestly, the only reason I continue to play is in that blind hope that I will find a godly item (or ten) and sell it for RL cash to make a profit (and possibly get upgrades for my chars). So far, that has not happened and I now realize it won't. Ever.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 2/9/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]