Diablo® III

Activision Blizzard 4Q Results: D3 12m sold WW

given all the bad hype on diablo3, anything after the first MONTH of sales cannot be considered due to the reputation of d2.

and if you want to say bots are buying accounts, then obviously someone must be feeding bots money (ie: there are actual players who spend on gold)

lol. game has dwindled to a crawl. anyone playing the AH knows this, AH traffic does not lie. AH traffic correlates with player activity, based on the strong premise that AH use correlates proportionately to number of players

where's your actual evidence for there being lots of players still playing, apart from the utterly subjective and personal opinion: "well obviously after a month it's all due to D3 being good, not D2"? Mine is simple: On the AH, nothing new hits the market. Months ago, new items flooded it constantly. Now it's the same bis being flipped by the same handful. Moreover, selling gold via RMAH @ min rate used to mean instant sell, or near-insta. Certainly meant all your gld would sell. Guess what happens now? You sell a stack of gold, there's a good chance it won't entirely sell; i.e. you will get paid for what sold, and anywhere from 5-50% might be returned to you, unsold, even tho it was posted @ min rate. This wasn't the case when there were more players.

I won't be surprised if that trend continues. Sooner or later one won't be able to sell one's gold on the RMAH, period. Let alone have a hard time doing it, as is the case NOW.

but the ah is under so much load now.. oh sigh.

AH transactions is also due to the maturity of the player base.
eg: anyone trying to ugrade from 100k to 500k isn't going to be interested in the vast majority of items. and lets be honest here. the majority of anyone past plvl 50 is already there and have the commonsense not to waste money on sidegrades.

eg: I spent the greater part of 3 months trying to find a 9% ias, 5%cc, 80 ar, 80int + loh nats ring and couldn't and finally settled on my current ring after giving up hope that the entire player base in the us farming for 3 months couldn't get a few nats ring of that caliber

right now I'm finding a wh upgrade that has int armor ar 9%ias , 40% cc .. its been 3 weeks so far, nothing really caught my eye.

I've given up on amulet until 1.07 since every single amulet i can find on the ah barely gives a modicum of dps/ehp at the expense of gaining loh when I want high ias,cc,loh,ehp from an amulet

even the fact that you have new people adding profiles to diabloprogress gives an index to activity .

lets put it this way. if blizzard ain't worried, we shouldn't.
and as long as there are bots, the game's alive. (ie: botters wouldn't waste time/money on a dying game)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 2/7/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

lol. game has dwindled to a crawl. anyone playing the AH knows this, AH traffic does not lie. AH traffic correlates with player activity, based on the strong premise that AH use correlates proportionately to number of players

where's your actual evidence for there being lots of players still playing, apart from the utterly subjective and personal opinion: "well obviously after a month it's all due to D3 being good, not D2"? Mine is simple: On the AH, nothing new hits the market. Months ago, new items flooded it constantly. Now it's the same bis being flipped by the same handful. Moreover, selling gold via RMAH @ min rate used to mean instant sell, or near-insta. Certainly meant all your gld would sell. Guess what happens now? You sell a stack of gold, there's a good chance it won't entirely sell; i.e. you will get paid for what sold, and anywhere from 5-50% might be returned to you, unsold, even tho it was posted @ min rate. This wasn't the case when there were more players.

I won't be surprised if that trend continues. Sooner or later one won't be able to sell one's gold on the RMAH, period. Let alone have a hard time doing it, as is the case NOW.

eg: anyone trying to ugrade from 100k to 500k isn't going to be interested in the vast majority of items. and lets be honest here. the majority of anyone past plvl 50 is already there and have the commonsense not to waste money on sidegrades.

eg: I spent the greater part of 3 months trying to find a 9% ias, 5%cc, 80 ar, 80int + loh nats ring and couldn't and finally settled on my current ring after giving up hope that the entire player base in the us farming for 3 months couldn't get a few nats ring of that caliber

even the fact that you have new people adding profiles to diabloprogress gives an index to activity .

You are a fool with such hope. I have long settled with middle gear.

As blizzard doesnt make new money in D3 the game should death faster.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/7/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
#1 PC game of 2012, 12 million copies sold worldwide.

Pretty good for a dying game. See you all at the expac!

ignorance is bliss.

People bought diablo 3 out of blind faith because diablo 2 was good

Diablo 3 would not be anywhere near 12 million if it was marketed as a different title

exactly.
Reply Quote
View profile
#1 PC game of 2012, 12 million copies sold worldwide.

Pretty good for a dying game. See you all at the expac!

ignorance is bliss.

People bought diablo 3 out of blind faith because diablo 2 was good

Diablo 3 would not be anywhere near 12 million if it was marketed as a different title
Reply Quote

right now I'm finding a wh upgrade that has int armor ar 9%ias , 40% cc .. its been 3 weeks so far, nothing really caught my eye.

I've given up on amulet until 1.07 since every single amulet i can find on the ah barely gives a modicum of dps/ehp at the expense of gaining loh when I want high ias,cc,loh,ehp from an amulet

and as long as there are bots, the game's alive. (ie: botters wouldn't waste time/money on a dying game)

not going to respond rationally to an irrational post. I don't think it was your intention to be illogical, but that's exactly what you did. Cheerio
Reply Quote
Every single one of those sales is because of Diablo 2 and past Blizzard success, they could have released Pong and called in D3 and gotten those sales.

You can only coast on past glory so long. Reputations are difficult to build and easy to destroy.

D3 = huge black eye for Blizzard's reputation

Not a financial failure, but a failure in every other sense.

Again the shareholders don't give a damn.

They will give a damn when down the line, memories of hallmark blizz games have faded -- rather, have been obscured and marred by a potentially-growing list of subpar games.

What happens when the good faith is sapped dry? Does a company only need one good base product to keep its ship afloat? It may be true for a while, but eventually, it won't hold.
Reply Quote
Xanzul the massive problem you're overlooking is the fact that D3 success in the eyes of the "shareholders" is contingent on good will & hype engendered by previous titles. These previous titles defined genres and pushed the edge.

While D3 enjoys success derived from its predecessors, the same may not be true with regard to its successors. It may be stable for several titles yet to come, but in time, should the downward trend in genuine quality continue, "shareholders" will lose faith just as players will lose faith.

Good will only lasts for so long -- it requires replenishment.
Reply Quote
This answers you:

Xanzul the massive problem you're overlooking is the fact that D3 success in the eyes of the "shareholders" is contingent on good will & hype engendered by previous titles. These previous titles defined genres and pushed the edge.

While D3 enjoys success derived from its predecessors, the same may not be true with regard to its successors. It may be stable for several titles yet to come, but in time, should the downward trend in genuine quality continue, "shareholders" will lose faith just as players will lose faith.

Good will only lasts for so long -- it requires replenishment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]