Diablo® III

How do I increase my DPS?

It seems that I am stuck in 70-85K DPS range. There aren't any significant upgrade avaialbe on cheap on AH (not much gold to spend). I see people with 200K DPS all the time.

My ingame Crit Hit Chance is 49.5%
Crit Damage is 304%
Attach per second 1.86 / 2.06
All Resists around 500 each

I am kinda stumped? Does increase in Crit damage to 500% give you significant boost? If so what is best way of doing that without compromising rest of the stats.

Thanks guys.
Reply Quote
Man I think i'm on the same boat as you. I spend some moola copying some of the guys on here but no luck...I'm still at big wopping 64k dps. Jokes on me.

But most of them said it has something to do with crit chance and crit damage. That's all I know.

Sorry of not much help just feeling your pain...
Reply Quote
100% crit gems and you have too much attack speed in your weapons and not enough in your gears
Reply Quote
@Dutch: pretty much every piece you have is a low strength roll.

If your goal is to increase the MP you're capable of, drop your hellfire ring and your helm gem for a purple and a crit/critd ring. Trade in your EF for a str one, and spend a couple M on a decent mainhand with crit damage and a socket.

@Hammer: looks like you went full tank when you were gearing: you have zero percent crit from gear, which still leaves you at 35% fully buffed......but doesn't let you do much real damage. You're going to need to start from the ground up, pretty much. A couple of your pieces are salvageable: your center stack except boots, your shoulders, and your MH weapon are close enough to work with.
Reply Quote
@Dutch: pretty much every piece you have is a low strength roll.

If your goal is to increase the MP you're capable of, drop your hellfire ring and your helm gem for a purple and a crit/critd ring. Trade in your EF for a str one, and spend a couple M on a decent mainhand with crit damage and a socket.

@Hammer: looks like you went full tank when you were gearing: you have zero percent crit from gear, which still leaves you at 35% fully buffed......but doesn't let you do much real damage. You're going to need to start from the ground up, pretty much. A couple of your pieces are salvageable: your center stack except boots, your shoulders, and your MH weapon are close enough to work with.

Honestly after i came back I didn't know what i was looking for. All i remember was ok, str, vit, and all resit. so that's all i looked for didn't know anything about anything else. Then i came to the forum and notice people talking about 100k-300k dps and just pretty much FACE PALM for 2 days. Wish i came here before wasting money....
Reply Quote
you need attack speed. for me, this are my dps gains per stat.

+1% Critical Hit Chance 2341.97
+1% Critical Hit Damage 265.56
+1% Attack Speed 1064.64

i got this from d3rawr.com

biggest dmg modifier is cc. so you want as much as possible.
then i would prioritize ias before cd. both are important but you have ias on only 1 piece of gear.
also, for the money you'll spend you can find better gear than the IK set.

i like the IK set but i use it for low mp farming.
that hellfire ring is doing u no good. i would change it to something with ias and cc.
Reply Quote
What do you think?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/iBomberMan-2920/hero/17926488
Reply Quote
its all about gold or visa card, then your good to go to upgrade
all my gear came from farm (1.3m lifetime kills, 59k+ elite kills, 5-8 hours a day) and stuck w/ it cause i lose my drive to farm anymore when reaching P100. if your not a serious farmer you need a freaking luck to farm and get uber gears, spot good buy in GAH or else you need to swipe to have it.

barb gear 101:
high str, vit
attack speed
crit damage
crit chance
all resistance
slot

optional:
min-max
less skills, add damage (weapon trow, frenzy, bash etc)
dex (dodge use mostly in pvp)
life %
slot
block %
less damage vs elite, melee, range
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 2/8/2013 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]