Diablo® III

Echoing Fury for MP10

I wish I got one of these a long time ago. Thought I did OK in MP10 without one before but this really changed the game. Played quite a bit the last few days with rain of toads that procs more fear and sit back and drain them down now. Mine isn't the best but life steal and 18.6% fear works nicely. Pets and scare them away. :D
Reply Quote
Bravo.

Sick of WDs pissing about EF. The thing is gold, and just eats Elites.
Reply Quote
^^^ This. I've been using an EF for a long time now. It's a must have for a RoT and AC build, IMO. It's also awesome for PvP.
Reply Quote
No thanks. I'll keep my Skorn. Works great with AC. What can hit harder from ranged distance? Plus you have the 5%+ LS.
Reply Quote
sky, this ain't a two-hander debate - they're cool, we love you. But EF has been much maligned as a 1-hander, and wrongly so. Sure, with the 'wrong' build, it can piss you off with trash mobs. But when it counts? Lordy, the thing pays off in spades.
Reply Quote
Manvan - Didn't look at it as a debate. EF is a good one-hander. Can't say I like the fear proc for everyday use. Better to keep large white mobs bunched up for AC, then bear them down.

I have never liked fear, either on a 1 hand, or from Horrify.

And what is going on with that Azurewrath? Are you the designated freeze guy in your group?

I see you did get some stun gloves.
Reply Quote
I wouldnt dare stepping into MP10 since i play hardcore but, as a WD it makes me feel really safe. Nothing gets within 25 yards of me.
Reply Quote
Better to keep large white mobs bunched up for AC, then bear them down.

I have never liked fear, either on a 1 hand, or from Horrify.

And what is going on with that Azurewrath? Are you the designated freeze guy in your group?

I see you did get some stun gloves.

Honestly, the Azurewrath is pure baller for for low MP - turns things into easy(er) mode. And it's hilariously OP in public games, where I've been having extraordinary luck with legendaries.

But the gloves still irk. Have ones with higher Int, CC and CD, but lower Stun, and the pickup radius is just too hard to say no to. Cost me 350k on the AH, so I'm not complaining - just fully aware they could be more.

Yeah, fear can be a dog. But if you roll with WoS in higher MP, it kinda negates it. Terrible for a Bear build ( which is arguably better for high MP), but a WoS routine with bonus SB damage from gear, and Rain to fill the holes, it's actually pretty solid.
Edited by manvan#1853 on 2/1/2013 5:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
EF is definitely a good option for a WD 1 hander.

It's all about choices, and just wanted to throw mine into the hat.

I know what you mean about the gloves. Hard to get stun and damage all in one place. I've been playing around with my AS gloves and I actually have put my stun gloves away for the moment.
Reply Quote
Based on the EF prices, I seriously doubt they have been much maligned. There's a massive premium on them right now.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 05:48 AMPosted by PurgatoryZ
Based on the EF prices, I seriously doubt they have been much maligned. There's a massive premium on them right now.

Yeah, you may be right. Might be too late to get hold of at a reasonable price. Have a feeling the cat's out of the bag before 1.07 hits.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:16 AMPosted by manvan

Yeah, you may be right. Might be too late to get hold of at a reasonable price. Have a feeling the cat's out of the bag before 1.07 hits.

You know what's an awesome weapon? The butchers sickle, it procs 25% of the time and stuns for 3s each time. And....sometimes it drags them in close for bear spam. It's the ultimate proctor/bear spammer weapon, and a lot cheaper than the EF!

Of course, with unlimited gold the EF is probably better, but if I wanted to dual wield credit cards I would have upgraded my gear a long time ago!
Reply Quote
Sickle can be pretty nuts, no doubt. But the base damage from an EF is really hard to ignore. Having said that, a well-rolled Sickle could be exceptional - never had one with an Int roll, But on paper, the CD plus LS could make it massive with bears. Will keep an eye on it.
Reply Quote
I suppose it is fine for solo play. When grouped, there are few thing more annoying (as Bear doc) than joining a group with a couple EF users. If such a group doesn't have a CM wiz, I might as well leave, lol.
Reply Quote

You know what's an awesome weapon? The butchers sickle, it procs 25% of the time and stuns for 3s each time. And....sometimes it drags them in close for bear spam. It's the ultimate proctor/bear spammer weapon, and a lot cheaper than the EF!

Of course, with unlimited gold the EF is probably better, but if I wanted to dual wield credit cards I would have upgraded my gear a long time ago!

Agreed

I absolutely adore the Butchers Sickle, and was a strong pusher of them for a long long time.
It's great for ubers, with a stung garg, I currently still have a 900 damage one I've been having a hard time separating with.

Thought for higher MP I'd rather an EF, The fear proc is great for when things can potentially get a little hairy. With rain of toads you can basically command a mob to sit in a corner and take abuse. Even more so when you have a freeze or knockback scoundrel. enemies just sit in detention until they die.
Also, enemies that run away? No problem! guide them to a corner. The utility of that fear is just amazing.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I get my hands on a new Echo.
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 2/1/2013 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Always wanted to get a nice EF for my WD. Used them on my monk, and barb. Timing was just always off on finding one for my WD. Bid on a couple this past week haven't had much luck. Fear is annoying PVE but not to bad.

I like my sickle as well. Actually Sickle + EF is a good combo for my barb. Scare em, and drag em back stunned!
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 2/1/2013 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wanted to get a sickle for a while. I found a 700 dps one which was a little disappointing. I wasn't sure about dragging things to my WD though.

I hope socketing is added at some point. I'm hoping it will be possible to socket my current EF. :-D
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 2/1/2013 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wanted to get a sickle for a while. I found a 700 dps one which was a little disappointing. I wasn't sure about dragging things to my WD though.

I hope socketing is added at some point. I'm hoping it will be possible to socket my current EF. :-D

The sickle is Awesome in ubers because, since It can't pull, it'll stun them for like 3 seconds. Your garg could stun them with his slam, and by then you'll proc another stun.

It's quite funny to see Zultan Kulle or Rakanoth, stand there all dizzy for half the fight.
Reply Quote
The nice thing about that is it's like changing skills that doesn't kill your NV stacks. I like it.
Reply Quote
Works well with Madusa spiders as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]