Diablo® III

Does Anybody Here Play AH Free

Ill never craft those items ... you can spend 400 mil crafting amulets and likely not create something worth wearing ... now you have lost 400 mil for no reason whatsoever.

Or the other possibility which is akin to winning the lottery ... you spend 400mil and get a really good item... now you have lost 400 mil for no reason whatsoever again ... (that item isnt worth 400mil ... its worth something in the head of an uneducated person or one who has an abundance of money in real life)

If you spend 400mil making amulets ... its literally the same thing as putting $100 dollars in a shredder.... think about it ... whatever the outcome ... you are destroying value.

Once I realized this fact ... even thinking about crafting bind on account items makes me sick.
Edited by Delkerramak#1500 on 2/7/2013 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Grimiku
In your opinion, does crafting with your own materials count as a "self-found item," or do you think that's something that really only applies to item drops?

I would think so, its one of the reason why people do hell fire ring runs. U need to learn from HellFire ring, and that is people want to craft something with 2 stats that are useful and want. Hellfire ring being +XP stat and Main stat of choice, str/int/dex. With the new crafting in 1.07 u only give 1 stat..
If all crafting armor in 1.07 could be res all 60-80 with main stat then it be worth it. Of course you want to tweak it so its not easy to make, like 50 Demonic essence or something.

Also if you played PoE the whole currency is around items that can craft/change/make your own. And people love it.
Edited by Why#1611 on 2/7/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
STOP talking bout PoE, this is not PoE!
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Delkerramak
Once I realized this fact ... even thinking about crafting bind on account items makes me sick.
Have you SEEN the new recipes? And the costs? The recipes are pretty nice, and the costs are really low. 30k per craft? You can't afford that? Really?

You get a pre-selected stat in higher ranges than any item in the game. So yeah, you need a bit of luck to compare to the 400m items, but guess what? You need a bit of luck to FIND the 400m items.

The new crafts will greatly expand the game.
Reply Quote
This thread does a really good job of articulating the difference between two popular approaches to playing Diablo III. Some players want to find their own gear and some players just want to streamline their way to maximum efficiency. There are a lot of players in-between as well. Each are completely valid play styles that happen to provide different benefits to different people. (Personally, I like to keep my Auction House use to a minimum in general, but I am willing to spend some gold if one of my items really needs adjustment.)

We know that players would like to have more options when it comes to self-found gear, and we've already begun implementing changes (as seen with the new crafted items and Marquise gem tier in 1.0.7) to help make that more of a reality. Ensuring that players have reasonable routes towards their in-game goals, be it efficiency or just playing at your pace with your own gear, is definitely a goal for the design team and one of things we're working to improve on.

For those of you who enjoy or prefer growing your characters without the assistance of the Auction House, how do you feel about crafted items? In your opinion, does crafting with your own materials count as a "self-found item," or do you think that's something that really only applies to item drops?
Crafting would be great if you had a little more control over the stats on the gear you are making. Problem is for the price and the resources that it cost... I could just kill a monster and save my money because the item stats are so random. If I could say craft a weapon and pick the affixes(not the rolls) or sockets that I want.. I would use it more. It's just to much of a gamble.
Reply Quote
People1 plays for fun.

People2 plays for fun.

People1 makes thread about People1+n and how they don't play for fun.

People2 laughs a little bit, maybe cries as well.

People1 plays a casual style because they think it's fun.

People2 plays a competitive style because they think it's fun.

People2 realizes that Peoplen may have a huge spectrum of different playstyles in which they find enjoyment.

Why doesn't People1?

Instead People1 goes on a crusade to save People1+n from themselves, as anything People1 doesn't personally find enjoyment or fulfillment in must lead to... eternal damnation?

I'm not really sure what just came out there, but what I'm trying to ask is do you suffer from some sort of mental disability? You can enjoy gaming your way, which I'm all for and while I definitely don't respect you personally I respect the casual playstyle as a choice for many.

I'm not entirely sure if whatever message I set out to type was ever actually typed
Reply Quote
For those of you who enjoy or prefer growing your characters without the assistance of the Auction House, how do you feel about crafted items? In your opinion, does crafting with your own materials count as a "self-found item," or do you think that's something that really only applies to item drops?

Thanx,

i'm playing since game start and i write a completely answer for your blueposted question about the end-game content creation ( for a little money!), but i can't carefully translate it ((

(note below is for blueposters only - you may not be able to read this or try a google translation if you want to help)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/forum/topic/6533623409#11 - msg 11 only
+
http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/forum/topic/6533624780?page=1#0 - msgs 1,2,3 and 4, please.
Edited by Layorn#2890 on 2/8/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
This thread does a really good job of articulating the difference between two popular approaches to playing Diablo III. Some players want to find their own gear and some players just want to streamline their way to maximum efficiency. There are a lot of players in-between as well. Each are completely valid play styles that happen to provide different benefits to different people. (Personally, I like to keep my Auction House use to a minimum in general, but I am willing to spend some gold if one of my items really needs adjustment.)

We know that players would like to have more options when it comes to self-found gear, and we've already begun implementing changes (as seen with the new crafted items and Marquise gem tier in 1.0.7) to help make that more of a reality. Ensuring that players have reasonable routes towards their in-game goals, be it efficiency or just playing at your pace with your own gear, is definitely a goal for the design team and one of things we're working to improve on.

I like crafting, but I like crafting like in vanilla WoW; it had a lot of depth without much effort. You have a lot of materials strewn all over the world, different materials in different places. Mobs to kill, stones to dig, find this nice place on top of a mountain that spawns a rare herb and stop by there whenever you can; these are what I enjoyed and what made the world feel like I was interacting with it.

This might just sound like some complicated system where ever piece needs too many different things and is just random busy work. However, there are ways to make everything actually make sense and allow for varied, reward structured game play that is not only "self-found", but you actually feel like you accomplished something by creating it. You can probably work out a good way to find a lot of good materials for many of the great items, this knowledge is very valuable and something you can take pride in.
Reply Quote

Because of how random it is, I consider crafting to be like finding an item.

The AH lets you pick your stats & you know exactly what you're getting.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 01:41 AMPosted by CyberGoat
This games needs a separate realm where there are no auction houses and the drop rates are 5x more or something. I would definitely play that.
And so would every botter and duper. And magically, gear would still be sold for cash. That would solve literally nothing.

Only way this could be 100% bot/dupe free would be to get rid of trade in every way. No AH/RMAH, no trade option, no dropping items for trading, nothing. And either get rid of gold and use materials for repair/craft/jeweler, or keep it as it is (since you wouldn't be able to trade it anyways).

Perhaps instead have a lend option in which the item will be returned to the owner if either player leaves the game (it would end up in the stash in a separate little box just for lending).

This would only really get rid of the exploiters and bots wouldn't be seen as their would be no reason to bot.
Reply Quote

To me, self-found item only applies to item drops. Therefore, I will probably not use these craftings much, I use a crafted Hellfire ring, but it is because of the XP gain.
Reply Quote
Everything I have is 100% Ah free, and found, except gems, I bought the recipies to get make them though since found about 90% of them. I don't like buying stuff, defeats the whole treasure hunt if I get stuff that I could never possibly find.
Reply Quote

To me, self-found item only applies to item drops. Therefore, I will probably not use these craftings much, I use a crafted Hellfire ring, but it is because of the XP gain.

I count crafting as part of no Ah, they are still random and gambling, just like they were in D2 gambling for random goods. Still have to get lucky.
Reply Quote
Crafting items counts as "self-found" but it is still not nearly as fun or exciting as having a good item drop off of a boss.

I am one of those players that has never used the AH and plans on never using it. Diablo games to me have always been about finding your own items and grinding for them, not saving up gold and buying them on a AH. Out of the 15 or so friends that I played Diablo2 with, none of them have logged into Diablo 3 in the last 3-6 months for this simple reason. The AH (and corresponding drop rate changes that blizzard made when developing D3) completely ruined the overall feel of the game and non of us find it enjoyable.

The sooner blizzard makes changes to actually make Diablo3 the item hunting game it should be (and not the AH item buying game it is) the sooner those of us that are long time fans of traditional Diablo gameplay will give it a second try. It's just not fun the way it stands now.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:00 PMPosted by DeMasked
And so would every botter and duper. And magically, gear would still be sold for cash. That would solve literally nothing.

Only way this could be 100% bot/dupe free would be to get rid of trade in every way. No AH/RMAH, no trade option, no dropping items for trading, nothing. And either get rid of gold and use materials for repair/craft/jeweler, or keep it as it is (since you wouldn't be able to trade it anyways).

Perhaps instead have a lend option in which the item will be returned to the owner if either player leaves the game (it would end up in the stash in a separate little box just for lending).

This would only really get rid of the exploiters and bots wouldn't be seen as their would be no reason to bot.
Sorry, it wouldn't. Sorry to dash your dream, sorry, sorry.

If I lived in this world, I would make an account, then sell it. License and all. And there would be a market for it.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Antiochous
The sooner blizzard makes changes to actually make Diablo3 the item hunting game it should be (and not the AH item buying game it is) the sooner those of us that are long time fans of traditional Diablo gameplay will give it a second try. It's just not fun the way it stands now.
This statement here invalidates your argument. The "true fans" argument is pretty trite, and simply a code to denigrate others. The implication is that some purchasers are "true fans" while others are not.

Politicians often speak of "true supporters" and "true Americans".

Crafting should provide an outlet for with the same fervency of killing monsters or trading. The problem is, one of these things is vastly superior, and it's not localized to just Diablo 3. The same held true of Diablo 2.

Trading is always a means to greater wealth than making something yourself, or earning it yourself. There's a reason why stock traders and bankers make some hefty cash. There's a reason why Columbus sailed west. Trading will always be an easier path to wealth.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 02:53 PMPosted by CyberGoat
This statement here invalidates your argument. The "true fans" argument is pretty trite, and simply a code to denigrate others. The implication is that some purchasers are "true fans" while others are not.

Politicians often speak of "true supporters" and "true Americans".

Crafting should provide an outlet for with the same fervency of killing monsters or trading. The problem is, one of these things is vastly superior, and it's not localized to just Diablo 3. The same held true of Diablo 2.

Trading is always a means to greater wealth than making something yourself, or earning it yourself. There's a reason why stock traders and bankers make some hefty cash. There's a reason why Columbus sailed west. Trading will always be an easier path to wealth.

Trading/AH isn't nescarily itself the problem. The problem is that blizzard tailors the drops and such around the idea of of AH/Trading, if the AH/trading was something that was in the game, but didn't effect drop rates, and quality of drop rates then it be fine. Problem is that the gap between best itms your more likly to get, and best items you can buy on AH have asuch a massive gap. In Diablo 2, sure 100% items went for alot, but I never felt that 100% were as far out of reach as they are in this game. I've been playing this game for ages, and to date only found 1 weapon above 80% DPS or such. Which was my 1.5k IK boulder breaker, highest otherwise is 1.3k for 2handed, 1.1k one handed, and those are about once every few weeks. And the 1.5k IK is useless because my 1.1k Skorn has better damage due to socket and critical chance. I don't expect to ever find 100%, or if I do it's my only ever item, but I don't even feel that 80% is a realistic goal without getting a mediocre Skorn drop or such.
Reply Quote

Crafting should count as "self-found items" in my opinion. If its possible it would be really cool to see a foolproof way to give "self-found" players an icon or visual bonus. These characters have never been in the AH, maybe an in game pop-up warning occurs when a character goes onto the AH for the first time, and if you are in the AH and try to switch to that character the same warning pops-up. Once you click OK on the warning that character would lose the "self-found' status
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]