Diablo® III

Does Anybody Here Play AH Free

It takes 30 seconds to make a trip to town and sell or salvage rares. For what? 30k?

Do you know how many mobs I can kill at MP7 that will drop 2 and 3k stacks of gold in 30 seconds?

It's simply not efficient to pick everything up and, forget IDing it all, just selling or salvaging.

I'm agree with you, but the problem is way more deep, at the end of the game you will realized that you are looking for GOLD you are not looking for items you want in the game, the items you want are all listed in the AH and that's not what an ARPG should be, since an ARPG is based on item hunting in a social constructive matter and currently the AH is taking all of that down and sending it to the trash.

It is my opinion, but I might be wrong, I'm not perfect.
Reply Quote
All people care about is gold. You guys are like a bunch of greedy leprechauns. You guys won't even bother to collect anything because you want more gold and by god taking a few seconds to ID a few rares is unbearable when it takes 5 seconds away from getting more gold for the AH. You might actually get a good rare if you actually ID them .

"All these items have bad stats so I don't ID them". that is a piss poor argument. They don't have stats until you idea them and until you id them you don't know how good an item is. So take 5 seconds from gold farming, it just might yield something good.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:32 AMPosted by LordArion
buddy i am not a noob, but i play for fun and will work for my gear over using the AH. Of course you guys see everything as garbage. You are addicted to the AH like a stoner is addicted to drugs. Play without and you'll enjoy it a lot more and the items won't be so allegedly terrible.

Good luck in inferno! You'll want to get around 300 all resist, 6 or 7k dps, and 30k minimum life before you attempt it. You'll also be needing a healthy amount of LoH until you break that 80k dps barrier -- shoot for over 1k LoH at least. Aim for 6k armour as well.

Remember that when you die too much in inferno and can no longer afford to repair your gear you'll need to downgrade to Hell difficulty. Initially you'll find a few upgrades but you'll be stuck in the A1 cemetery for awhile I bet.

And eventually you'll peek at the AH and realize you can up yourself to above minimum inferno stats and 50k dps for like 800k gold.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:35 PMPosted by pcjunkie
I don't care if anybody uses the AH or not, 99.9999% of your drops are going to be crap regardless...that's just the way this game was made. Pretending to be better than those that do is just ridiculous.

I can assure you that 100% of all ARPG out there in the market offer you bad drops at the beginning of the game and might cost hours of game-play in order to find the item you want, but that is what makes ARPG awesome games, ITEM HUNTING!

You join a game and start looking for that item you want and in the road I assure you that you will find a lot of items that you might saved in the stash for other characters you might create or probably you will find items that will be useful for your character.

Currently the game is set up around the existence of the AH, that's the main reason why you see most items are crappy, because you enter into the AH, click here and click over there, and PLUSH! there it is, the shoulders you always wanted.
Edited by Maktu#1573 on 2/1/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:40 PMPosted by superfiend
buddy i am not a noob, but i play for fun and will work for my gear over using the AH. Of course you guys see everything as garbage. You are addicted to the AH like a stoner is addicted to drugs. Play without and you'll enjoy it a lot more and the items won't be so allegedly terrible.

Good luck in inferno! You'll want to get around 300 all resist, 6 or 7k dps, and 30k minimum life before you attempt it. You'll also be needing a healthy amount of LoH until you break that 80k dps barrier -- shoot for over 1k LoH at least. Aim for 6k armour as well.

Remember that when you die too much in inferno and can no longer afford to repair your gear you'll need to downgrade to Hell difficulty. Initially you'll find a few upgrades but you'll be stuck in the A1 cemetery for awhile I bet.

And eventually you'll peek at the AH and realize you can up yourself to above minimum inferno stats and 50k dps for like 800k gold.

Of course this will happens, dying in inferno, is the ultimate difficulty! That supposed to happen before you spend enough time looking for the right items you need in order to upgrade you character to the next Act, that is what an ARPG should be! Item hunting, farming acts, killing mobs and bosses and interacting with people trough internet....

I only disagree with you about the AH thing you said...trust me you will end up thinking...what am I doing??...I'm just playing to farm 10m in order to buy the item I saw in the AH!

Well, that might be fun for you at the beginning, but later on I assure you you will quit the game and start looking for another one.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Maktu
I don't care if anybody uses the AH or not, 99.9999% of your drops are going to be crap regardless...that's just the way this game was made. Pretending to be better than those that do is just ridiculous.

I can assure you that 100% of all ARPG out there in the market offer you bad drops at the beginning of the game and might cost hours of game-play in order to find the item you want, but that is what makes ARPG awesome games, ITEM HUNTING!

You join a game and start looking for that item you want and in the road I assure you that you will find a lot of items that you might saved in the stash for other characters you might create or probably you will find items that will be useful for your character.

Currently the game is set up around the existence of the AH, that's the main reason why you see most items are crappy, because you enter into the AH, click here and click over there, and PLUSH! there it is, the shoulders you always wanted.

I understand how ARPG's work, that wasn't my point.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:32 AMPosted by LordArion

you are still leveling your toons. you have no 60s. you have no idea about endgame. you have 1k elite kills. you are a noob. thats not a bad thing, just your new to d3. your opinions WILL change once you hit 60 and farm act 3 to infinity. The "enjoyment factor" dissipates once you level your classes to 60. farming act 5 (the AH) becomes the true end game
Reply Quote
It takes 30 seconds to make a trip to town and sell or salvage rares. For what? 30k?

Do you know how many mobs I can kill at MP7 that will drop 2 and 3k stacks of gold in 30 seconds?

It's simply not efficient to pick everything up and, forget IDing it all, just selling or salvaging.

I'm agree with you, but the problem is way more deep, at the end of the game you will realized that you are looking for GOLD you are not looking for items you want in the game, the items you want are all listed in the AH and that's not what an ARPG should be, since an ARPG is based on item hunting in a social constructive matter and currently the AH is taking all of that down and sending it to the trash.

It is my opinion, but I might be wrong, I'm not perfect.

Actually my goal is to make a beast mode barbarian. I don't care if his upgrades come from the AH or I find them. Several of my pieces are found, my MH is crafted, and a few are bought of the GAH. The practical side of me knows that the AH is the more likely source so yes, gold becomes a higher priority and the GAH supports more the mindset of "reward equal to time put in."

All people care about is gold. You guys are like a bunch of greedy leprechauns. You guys won't even bother to collect anything because you want more gold and by god taking a few seconds to ID a few rares is unbearable when it takes 5 seconds away from getting more gold for the AH. You might actually get a good rare if you actually ID them .

"All these items have bad stats so I don't ID them". that is a piss poor argument. They don't have stats until you idea them and until you id them you don't know how good an item is. So take 5 seconds from gold farming, it just might yield something good.

Look buddy. There are times I pick up every rare, ID them all, and occasionally I find one sellable for a few million gold. On average if I were to consistently do this I could make a consistent 10 million per week selling low and mid-tier rares. However the extra time it takes to port to town, ID everything, scan them for usefulness, and then dump them, by the end of an A3 game is the equivalent of running another A3 game. All for a meager few million extra gold per week. However if I pick up only certain rares and legendaries I can squeeze in more games and more chances for a BiS legendary upgrade for myself or a mega-million AH seller. I've sold countless legendary items in the 70 to 100 million range. The uber BiS legendary hunt rewards the player more than the tedious item hunt.

Further, at least as far as your profile indicates, you haven't played in inferno. You're like a single man in his mid-twenties giving parenting advice to a guy in his thirties with four kids.
Reply Quote
you can play AH free and still be a runner.. its not hard to find decent gear and play fast pace and you dont need an AH to do it. I play AH free and i think my gear is evident of that. I have just over 300 hrs played on my barb and I have various sets of gear all found. I also do not sell anything and I just horde gear I think future chars could ever use if i choose to make one. Im not better than those who use the AH by any means but its more rewarding to say everything you have you've identified yourself
Reply Quote
I'm just playing to farm 1b in order to buy the item I saw in the AH!

Fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Technoviking
you are still leveling your toons. you have no 60s. you have no idea about endgame. you have 1k elite kills. you are a noob. thats not a bad thing, just your new to d3. your opinions WILL change once you hit 60 and farm act 3 to infinity. The "enjoyment factor" dissipates once you level your classes to 60. farming act 5 (the AH) becomes the true end game

Listen to the technoviking! Because, like his dance moves, his words are truth!
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:59 PMPosted by superfiend

Listen to the technoviking! Because, like his dance moves, his words are truth!

it's about time I get some appreciation for my timeless dance steps
Reply Quote
[quote][quote]All for a meager few million extra gold per week. However if I pick up only certain rares and legendaries I can squeeze in more games and more chances for a BiS legendary upgrade for myself or a mega-million AH seller. I've sold countless legendary items in the 70 to 100 million range. The uber BiS legendary hunt rewards the player more than the tedious item hunt.

Further, at least as far as your profile indicates, you haven't played in inferno. You're like a single man in his mid-twenties giving parenting advice to a guy in his thirties with four kids.

Are you serious??? "Tedious".....so explain to methis, why in the world are you playing an ARPG???

Oh well, I don't know if this can still be characterized as an ARPG, let me rephrase my question....Why are you playing a game which supposed to be an ARPG based on ITEM HUNTING if you find it "Tedious"??

This kind of thinking only shows that you really don't understand the mechanics of an ARPG.... I'm sorry, but it is the true, if you find tediously grinding items, then go play another game different for an ARPG. Oh well, you are actually playing one, my bad...
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:56 PMPosted by superfiend
I'm just playing to farm 1b in order to buy the item I saw in the AH!

Fixed that for you.

You said it! Tedious hunting item guy!!

Lol
Reply Quote
Id gladly hang out and kill some stuff with ya. Currently started over on a barbarian havent tried one yet. Have a wide range of other characters tho. As far as the auction house goes though. I honestly dont see alot ways around it once in Inferno. You cant get much for drops in Inferno without decent gear and you cant get gear good enough outside of Inferno to kill in Inferno. I dont live on the AH like alot of the yuppies in this game that try to sit in mom's basement and make a living off the game but it its kinda needed to break into Inferno.
Reply Quote
Game: definition

A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

I don't see how the AH ruins any of this.

I will show it to you in a simple way...

Action: Organized activity to accomplish an objective
Role:The part played by a person in a particular social setting, influenced by his expectation of what is appropriate
Playing: To occupy oneself in amusement, sport, or other recreation
Game:A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Now, from this perspective you might said, the AH does not eliminate any of this...but the "Role" part of this kind of game is emphasized in characterization, in other words, character customization and social interaction, so, tell me, where you find this in D3?? Have you ever used the command "Trade" in the game to actually trade items with other characters in order to get an upgrade for you?? How many players are connected right now?? how many friends you have playing the game??

This is the kind of questions I ask myself couple times while playing D3, probably Mr. Tedious Item Hunting Guy could answer them to you.. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]