Diablo® III

stop catering to casual filth

(Locked)

6 Orc Warrior
a game with no competition is NOT fun. you took competition out to cater to casuals and it quickly led to the death of this game. if you're going to revive it, you need to bring back ladders and introduce new things to compete for, such as pvp titles. do you think d2 would have lasted as long as it did without ladder and resets? NO! the life of d3 DEPENDS on you to implement this. throw away the "it's not en e-sport" mentality and introduce something competitive.
you're right, you hardcore gamers are so important. We should drop everyone else's opinion and only observe yours. Calling us casual gamers "filth" is a bit childish and close-minded. No casual gamer would care if there was a ladder involved, we would still play just the same, and Blizzard knows that. The reason Blizzard didn't add a ladder was so that the game would still be focused on PvE. So don't blame it on Blizzard liking us better buddy.

I'm not defending Blizzard's opinion on the direction D3 should take, and I don't disagree with anything in your post, but saying a casual gamer is filth is absolutely uncalled for. Do you think we wouldn't love to play as much as you do? We have lives we need to attend to broseph, and you should respect that.
Edited by november1093#1906 on 2/1/2013 11:14 PM PST
Yes. Previous diablo games were known for their competitive gameplay.....
you're right, you hardcore gamers are so important. We should drop everyone else's opinion and only observe yours. Calling us casual gamers "filth" is a bit childish and close-minded. No casual gamer would care if there was a ladder involved, we would still play just the same, and Blizzard knows that. The reason Blizzard didn't add a ladder was so that the game would still be focused on PvE. So don't blame it on Blizzard liking us better buddy.

I'm not defending Blizzard's opinion on the direction D3 should take, but saying a casual gamer is filth is absolutely uncalled for. We have lives we need to attend to broseph, and you should respect that.

So? Casual gamers can still strive to be the best. Casual doesn't mean bad, by default, as the OP seems to think. But if there's a competitive aspect, it caters to both camps. Casuals or people with no spare time can still have fun, and skilled and/or gamers with infinite spare time have their competition.

/agreed with the OP besides the random insults.
I'd rather be a casual intelligent gamer than a dedicated nooblet with no life.
02/01/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Goodbrew
Yes. Previous diablo games were known for their competitive gameplay.....

You didn't rush to level/gear/pk every ladder reset? K.
Agree with adding depth and competition to game. Disagree with belittling people because they simply want to play few hours a week or, whatever. Everyone should have something to do.

Casuals wouldn't participate in hardcore competitive events anyway, like ladder paragon race (etc). Its absence however does deprive hardcore players of such a mechanic.

Solution: add competition. Casuals can ignore it.
02/01/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Ruckusfx
the life of d3 DEPENDS on you to implement this.

I was rather of the feeling that the life of D3 depends upon as large a playerbase as possible.

This includes more developed PvP content for those who want it, along with PvE and other content that may not appeal to you but does to others.

D3 needs all of us :)
02/01/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Khailen
I'd rather be a casual intelligent gamer than a dedicated nooblet with no life.

I'd rather be a brain dead boorish moron who is good at something than be an intelligent half-assed waste of potential who sucks at things that said brain dead boorish morons are good at.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]