Diablo® III

The pain of a CM wiz...

So after spending the last couple of days re-gearing and working toward CM, I have a problem. I have run the Ghom test maybe a dozen times in the past 24 hrs and my fingers just won't do it anymore, even after a 6+ hr break. Even 10 seconds into it my arm starts to burn. Good ol' carpal tunnel.

So, aside from getting a macro (I checked, my keyboard doesn't have it), is there any way to combat this, or do I need to throw in the towel and admit I can't physically do CM?

I did try moving my keys down to ASDF, but that didn't help any.
Reply Quote
You can hold down up to two commands and they'll fire whenever the CD is up, meaning you really only have to spam one key, and WW if WW is on your mouse.

If you have a thumb button, make WW your mouse button and thumb button so you can alternate buttons to spam it.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
Twister on mouse trigger finger hold it down.

Hold down frost nova

Hit other 2 spells simultaneously.

Play the right MP so you don't have to suscept yourself for prolong spamming. My opinion of prolonged is 30 second elites.

My ubers take me 90 seconds of spamming.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, I will give that a go tomorrow and see what happens. When I ran CM with hubby the other day I was okay, but there was time in between packs. Now I am actually in pain even after not playing for a while, which is ridiculous. And I am not one to complain about piddly pain as I have a pretty high tolerance, I have had kids au natural (no meds), so this really hurts.
Edited by Sinafae#1771 on 2/2/2013 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
autohotkey.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 04:37 PMPosted by chrisloup
autohotkey.

i thought using macros are grounds to get banned?
Reply Quote
blizzard sells their own gaming mouse which allows you to bind macros to it.

While it is technically against the terms of agreement to use a third party app to make a macro, there have yet to be any (known of) bans for a cm using a macro that simply presses 123 or what not.

every dedicated cm has to face this decision at some point - continue putting hands in serious pain or enter the "grey area" and use a macro. Most use a macro by now because it just became too painful to keep mashing those keys.

I doubt blizzard would ban us for using a macro that is being used to avoid physical pain, while they're selling a gaming mouse that lets you run macros. They tend to focus on banning botters and such. It's up to you if you want to use a macro just know its technically in the grey area of the rules and there is some risk to it.
Reply Quote
Posted by chrisloup
autohotkey.

i thought using macros are grounds to get banned?

Yes, you will get banned
Reply Quote
View profile
if u were to choose to something like this then u might perhaps be safest binding 1,2,3 to one key and continually pressing that
b/c
nkro keyboards allow 3 buttons to be held down at the same time and ur computer will register all 3 commands
this is all theoretical tho rite?
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW
right mouse = teleport (or whatever)

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Hold down left mouse, 1, and 2. Spam 3. Order matters.

That's it. You only click one button.

edit: 1234 are just placeholders. Bind whatever key you want in that order or add whatever other binds to adjacent keys. For example, my bind for 1234 is zxcv, left shift is Force Stand Still, one of my side mouse buttons is Move.

Another tip: To make the items names on the ground stay, goto Gameplay, select from dropdown, Push to toggle (on/off), then in your bind menu, bind a key (mines is Alt) to Show items on ground.
Edited by kiza#1883 on 4/12/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea nice Kiza, I do pretty much the same but have the 5 keybound as Shift on top of that.

So I can gold down 1,2,5 and spam 3 with my middle finger. 4 is bound to my mousewheel.
Reply Quote
I look forward to trying this tomorrow after giving my hand time to recover :D
Reply Quote
If you have a thumb button on your mouse, bind stand still to that so you don't need to hold down shift (or anything else with your left hand) while you spam your other 3 skills. I've found it a lot easier than having to contort my left hand to hold down something while repeatedly hitting other keys. Now I just kinda grab my mouse with thumb and left click finger and just hold those down and roll my left hand 3 - 2 - 1 really fast.
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Kiza - you are a saint, my fingers thank you already. This is a great way to do it without having to use macros.
Reply Quote
Tried this

left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Just now, and it worked, even with a squirmy baby on my lap. Managed to take Ghom down in 80 seconds (not bad, given the baby LOL). Gonna try it again now that I have my hands free! I have hope :D Thank you!
Reply Quote
Burning arm is not carpal tunnel, it's muscle fatigue. Saving a change in technique, up your calcium intake.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Paraflare
Burning arm is not carpal tunnel, it's muscle fatigue. Saving a change in technique, up your calcium intake.

I'll try that too :) I was wondering why it felt different from normal (normally I get it in the palm of my hand and wrist) but hubby said it can extend, so I figured that is what it was. Thanks for the tip ^_^
Reply Quote
It also helps to be aware of how you're pressing the buttons. I have a tendency to push them really hard when the fights get intense lol.
Reply Quote
I appreciate all the advice :D I probably am pressing hard, hadn't paid attention, but I will now. Just sit here and analyze myself while I am fighting Ghom to see what the hell I am doing with my hands.
I do think that the muscle fatigue makes sense, as I noticed it even when carrying the baby this morning, and I haven't been eating right for the last week (been busy), so I'm going to make sure I am, as well as getting back into my morning exercise routine. Think I am getting out of shape over the winter.
Building muscle to play video games, who knew?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]