Diablo® III

The pain of a CM wiz...

left mouse = WW
right mouse = teleport (or whatever)

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Hold down left mouse, 1, and 2. Spam 3. Order matters.

That's it. You only click one button.

I've been having wrist and finger pains from spamming. I have to say this setup works surprisingly well. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

The only other thing that I found useful, for me at least, is to change the stop movement key from left shift to spacebar.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
I bound "hold position" to the thumb button on my mouse while tapping the left click for WW.
I then hold down EB and DS while spamming Frost Nova. Makes higher MPs a lot less painful.
My keyboard has the macro function, but I'm afraid to use it lol.
Reply Quote
Actually, there is an another way.
WW left click
EB -1
DS - 2
FN - 3
SA - 4

Hold down 1,2,3 and spam left mouse button. It will register. Im using this, and it works. Crap keyboard with simple mouse.
Reply Quote
Guys, how come you don't rebind 1234 to ASDF instead?

Its a bit easier on the hand I think
Reply Quote
Playing CM isn't a problem for me as a piano player, as muscle fatigue is a common problem to encounter in fast and technically difficult pieces. Try arching your fingers more while keeping your wrist low. You won't get tired as quickly.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 03:51 AMPosted by Umbra
Playing CM isn't a problem for me as a piano player, as muscle fatigue is a common problem to encounter in fast and technically difficult pieces. Try arching your fingers more while keeping your wrist low. You won't get tired as quickly.

The 'play like you are holding a bubble under your hand' trick? I remember my 4th grade piano teacher grilling that into my head every lesson. Never thought about applying it to typing. Interesting.
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Just curious...

Why wouldn't you swap EB and FN and firing off FN faster would be more important, wouldn't it? If your finger gets tired and EB slows down, you're just reducing your DPS a little, but if you start slacking off on FN, things can get hairy.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Justice
autohotkey.

i thought using macros are grounds to get banned?

no one has been banned yet for cm macros.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7415135485
Reply Quote
Lol I remember the holding the orange bit when I was learning to play piano. I guess the 8 years my parents forced on me actually had some use.
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Just curious...

Why wouldn't you swap EB and FN and firing off FN faster would be more important, wouldn't it? If your finger gets tired and EB slows down, you're just reducing your DPS a little, but if you start slacking off on FN, things can get hairy.

try it yourself. I believe all these pseudo macros/keystroke gimmicks work because of the sequence. (ie; order matters).
Reply Quote
Do people REALLY need to use macros to run CM build?
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

You can also change the force stand still key to space bar instead of shift. This allows natural placement of your fingers on the keyboard and I find holding down the space bar with the thumb alot easier and you will use your index finger to spam 3 while your fourth and middle finger holds down 1 and 2, respectively. (Don't use your pinky finger as its the weakest of all fingers).

For the other hand, use your index finger to hold down mouse 1 (WW) and mouse 2 should be used for one of the armor skills so that u don't have to press 2 too often.
Edited by catchsk3118#1966 on 3/6/2013 12:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Boozor
View profile

Twister on mouse trigger finger hold it down.

Hold down frost nova

Hit other 2 spells simultaneously.

Play the right MP so you don't have to

Wow Boozor, I really like your Wiz and all the gear! +1 really nice!
Reply Quote
So which of the following is better if order matters?

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

OR

1 = frost nova
2 = diamond skil
3 = eb
4 = armor
Reply Quote
1.) Nutrition - Potassium will help you more than calcium with this, both are valuable though. Bananna's, a glass of vitamin C enriched OJ, and proper hydration should help (e.g. water, not mountain dew, lol).

2.) Fatiguability - If your muscles are burning, then they're out of an aerobic energy source and are going anaerobic, which will lead to lactic acid, etc. Take a short break, if possible, (<5m) to combat this.

3.) Consider wearing protective gloves that prevent your wrists from bending at improper angles. This can help a lot.

4.) AutoHotKey is against the EULA/ToS because it's considered automation by Blizzard [yet they and 3rd parties sell D3 mice with macros, wtf??] Granted, I don't know of anyone who uses it that's actually been banned for using it thus far. I'm sure that Blizzard has bigger fish to fry. Use it or don't, but just be aware a priori of the potential consequences.

Best of luck,

-Peace
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 04:35 AMPosted by Leafeaterx
4.) AutoHotKey is against the EULA/ToS because it's considered automation by Blizzard [yet they and 3rd parties sell D3 mice with macros, wtf??] Granted, I don't know of anyone who uses it that's actually been banned for using it thus far. I'm sure that Blizzard has bigger fish to fry. Use it or don't, but just be aware a priori of the potential consequences.

Y'all act like this is a close decision... it's not. You should absolutely not tolerate any pain whatsoever nor risk serious injury to play a game. And carpal tunnel is serious, debilitating, and can require surgery. I know I know, if you're not 25 yet you think you're immortal.

IMO your choice is this 1) use macros, or 2) pick a different build.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Worloega
IMO your choice is this 1) use macros, or 2) pick a different build.

agree. It looks like I was not the only one because I was so close to quitting CM which is the reason I made WD.
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

I've been having wrist and finger pains from spamming. I have to say this setup works surprisingly well. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

The only other thing that I found useful, for me at least, is to change the stop movement key from left shift to spacebar.

Cheers!

I've found binding the stop movement key to tab works quite good too, keeps all your fingers in the same area.
Reply Quote
Actually, there is an another way.
WW left click
EB -1
DS - 2
FN - 3
SA - 4

Hold down 1,2,3 and spam left mouse button. It will register. Im using this, and it works. Crap keyboard with simple mouse.

awesome method. spamming mouse is way easier.
Reply Quote
I am going to try these diferent methods as there seems to be some great advice here. One thing I do is move my keyboard and mouse onto the desk and further back so that my elbows are at rest on the desk. This helps keep my wrist and fingers in a comfortable line as well as prevents the arm fatigue from having to keep it elevated while spamming buttons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]