Diablo® III

The pain of a CM wiz...

Also going to try holding down the keys along with stand still bound to mouse thumb button. Thanks!

On a side note, throughout my gaming career, I've always changed the bound keys away from the numbers or F1-fxx keys if WASD was not required. Shift was always my go-to stand still key with ZXCV and spacebar as my typical action commands. Doing this also allowed ASDFGB for a total of 9-10 keys to be easily used when running skill heavy builds. This allowed the left hand to rest on the desk or on the bottom empty section of the laptop and you're not required to reach all the way over the entire keyboard to function properly. Just my .02.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Worloega
4.) AutoHotKey is against the EULA/ToS because it's considered automation by Blizzard [yet they and 3rd parties sell D3 mice with macros, wtf??] Granted, I don't know of anyone who uses it that's actually been banned for using it thus far. I'm sure that Blizzard has bigger fish to fry. Use it or don't, but just be aware a priori of the potential consequences.

Y'all act like this is a close decision... it's not. You should absolutely not tolerate any pain whatsoever nor risk serious injury to play a game. And carpal tunnel is serious, debilitating, and can require surgery. I know I know, if you're not 25 yet you think you're immortal.

IMO your choice is this 1) use macros, or 2) pick a different build.
I'm over 25. I don't experience any pain, nor use a macro. Really it's not a simple pick one or the other. And I know I'm not lucky or invincible either, as I've suffered severe pain from running (anterior shin splint and patellofemoral syndrome). However, just like the professional pianist or avid runner, it's typically more about changing up your technique. Pain isn't acceptable, but automating your CM/WW wiz with a macro isn't your only choice either. It just happens to be the easiest method, since you don't have to learn techniques to prevent the pain from occuring. Pianists and runners aren't so lucky. And this isn't to degrade anyone that uses a macro. I just hate that people think that they are forced into a macro, when it's not their only choice. A few days ago I think I posted a link to a webpage with suggested techniques to prevent pain in pianists. Perhaps that might help you.
Reply Quote
my keyboard don't support 3 keys in same time. I mean "123" Next week I'll receive max nighthawk x8 keyboard full rollover key on usb with a nice blue led.
Reply Quote
just stop by and see the great suggestions here....
Will try this new button clicking layout...

Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
Im late to the party with this, but after a few fatigue, i mean uber, sessions in a row, I went to:

Tilde. Stop movement (the button left of 1)
1. SASA
2. TP Wrmhole (same as archon location for when I switch up)
3. EB CRxn
4. DS Shards
5. Identify (alt)
LMB. ETWW
RMB. FN BC

Hold 3-4-Rmb and spam LMB
The three you hold down will just cast as your AP refills. If you hold down LMB you won't recast the others ( on my standard gear they won't)
Use pinky for tilde or q (potion) or to cast armor
Never get that carpal fatigue/tightness again
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW
right mouse = teleport (or whatever)

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Hold down left mouse, 1, and 2. Spam 3. Order matters.

That's it. You only click one button.

Can we please sticky this? This is one of the most helpful posts I have ever read in my gaming career. Thank you.
Reply Quote
tagging this.
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

never knew order matters...
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

never knew order matters...

Yoda If you are holding all keyboard keys down and spamming mouse it does not matter. If you want to hold 1,2 and Left mouse and spam the 3 key with your index finger( My suggestion) it matters because at least on my keyboard there is a slight delay between when the cooldown resets and the key board triggers the key again. If I manually press the key assigned to FN it removes this delay thus increasing your perma freeze.
Reply Quote
If I can get a good roll going with fingers, it seems to work better than just wild key mashing, but I probably look retarded when I get a couple elite packs together. I used to run Frost Nova on key 1 and DS on key 3. I soon realized my left index finger is much more nimble than my left ring finger.
Reply Quote
I use my stand key on my moue thumb button. Has made it much easier on the left hand
Reply Quote
I'm a new convert to CM/WW. I played my first 54 para levels as a pure Disintegration wizard (yes it's easy to continuously channel Disintegrate). I've been having a lot of luck with this setup:

L: Slow Time : any rune (click and hold)
R: Teleport : Safe Passage (get in, get out, hop around, hop away from plague/jail/sentry/etc)
1: DS : Crystal Shell (my AS just isn't there yet so I need the extra defense early on)
2: FN : Bone Chill
3: EB : Chain Reaction
4: ET : WW

I have my space bar bound to 'hold still' and I rest my left thumb on it.

I can bounce all four key, or spam 4. I can even 'roll' press them in assending order. I find changing things up helps with the muscle fatigue. In the thick of it I spam all four keys. Big bounces, little bounces whatever make my muscles happy. Extra life packs physcally hurt. Heh, and I must be burning a ton of calories, so there's that.

Why I like this: I can move the mouse to a safe destination before the sentry crosses over me and time my jump to safety much closer, staying in the fight longer. I also find it easier to stand on safe ground if I can point to it then jump. I often over shoot or my toon can't path right and he walks into the worst of it and dies.
Reply Quote
space force attack
middle mouse force walk
q
w
e
r
Reply Quote
Sharing the setup I've been using a while, silent as I got a roommate who sleeps earlier than me :

1 - DS
2 - EB
3 - FN
4- SA
Left click - WW
Right click - TP
Space - Stand still

Configure 1 on mouse wheel up, 3 on mouse wheel down too.

Hold left click, roll mouse wheel up and down, hold 2. Hold space too if you want.

Left hand doesn't do much. No key spamming involved but might require the right mouse size.
Works best with clickless wheel mouse (I got a Logitech G500).
Reply Quote
that's why there's archon :3
Reply Quote
Thank you this one's very convenient!
Reply Quote
Kiza, you just changed my life. I've been playing my CM wiz for an hour or so and this is so amazing i typed this whole message myself. No more aches. no more fatigue. I can play forEVER!

Thank you!
DaRupp's Left Hand
Reply Quote
Imagine the PR and potential legal nightmare for blizzard if they ban someone with one arm for using autohotkey. Doesn't say anywhere on the box you need to be able bodied to play.

I level'd 0 - 100 without any scripts. I love mashing the buttons, and running a script you're actually at a disadvantage, you don't want to nova all the time. It absolutely destroyed my hand though, still haven't fully recovered.

Pretty sure ToS reads "... that gives an unfair advantage" autohotkey doesn't. It only prevents people from actually hurting themselves.
Reply Quote
lmb - twister
rmb - teleport
w and a - diamond skin + explosive blast
s - storm armour
d - frost nova

i just hold lmb, w + a and spam push d.

piece of cake
Reply Quote
I just play with a spare keyboard on the floor and spam with my foot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]