This is how pro plays!
Reply Quote
left mouse = WW
right mouse = teleport (or whatever)

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Hold down left mouse, 1, and 2. Spam 3. Order matters.

That's it. You only click one button.

edit: 1234 are just placeholders. Bind whatever key you want in that order or add whatever other binds to adjacent keys. For example, my bind for 1234 is zxcv, left shift is Force Stand Still, one of my side mouse buttons is Move.

Another tip: To make the items names on the ground stay, goto Gameplay, select from dropdown, Push to toggle (on/off), then in your bind menu, bind a key (mines is Alt) to Show items on ground.

My fingers love you.. Hm, do I have to spam FN to allow the other abilities to be used? I was thinking to just hit FN every 2-3s, but apparently the other abilities don't get used.
Edited by timoseewho#1824 on 8/29/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hm, do I have to spam FN to allow the other abilities to be used?

Yes, you need to spam FN.

If you click FN every 2-3 sec, the other skills won't go off as fast. You also need to hit at least 2.50 aps (or 2.73 aps breakpoint), around 55cc, and 18-20 apoc to freeze well.
Reply Quote
I face this problem all the time. My solution is not to macro, but rather play another build less stressful to my fingers(ahem archon), then once I'm recovered, I go back to cm/ww. :)
Reply Quote
I made the following changes based on kiza's recommendation and my hand hasn't hurt for awhile now :)

Alternate bind A for 1, W for 2, E for 3 and F for 4. Had to move Follower screen bind to one of the Function keys to offset. Also using Spacebar to standstill and moved close all screens to R.

Then I mapped:
1/A = SA
2/W = EB
3/E = DS
4/F = FN

Basically ring and middle fingers hold down W and E, index finger spams F and pinky refreshes A occasionally. And holding down left click to keep spewing the tornadoes of course heehee.
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 02:31 PMPosted by kiza
Hm, do I have to spam FN to allow the other abilities to be used?

Yes, you need to spam FN.

If you click FN every 2-3 sec, the other skills won't go off as fast. You also need to hit at least 2.50 aps (or 2.73 aps breakpoint), around 55cc, and 18-20 apoc to freeze well.

The problem with that is spamming FN is a dps loss against white mobs. They don't have freeze resistance so you only need to cast it every couple seconds. Extra casts means less WWs and less dps.

In that case you might as well just spam DS+EB, since 2 buttons spammed isn't too bad, then just do the FN spam for elites.
Reply Quote
^ Exactly

Against whites, I sometimes don't freeze at all - if I know they can't hurt me (Fastering and such).

If whites hit too hard or can do some CC effect, I freeze them just occasionaly.

But usually, I let them slowly come to me instead of perm freeze.
Reply Quote
I'm happy that you found variations. I encourage players to test out what best works for them. For me, I found the change in cadence based on target to be a hassle. I play relaxed, which lets me focus on other things in and out of the game. Have people found any other variations?
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 05:13 PMPosted by kiza
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

It is little bit too late for me to find this but still want to say thank you :)
Reply Quote
@ Phal.. actually blizzard allows or sales use of their name/logo to companies that create mouses
for the most part.
for diablo3 iotself, macros are technically banable..
even the "Diablo 3 mouse"
is not made by blizzard. its made by steelseries and blizzard didnt not have design control over it.
and the diablo3 mouse actually has its own program for changing its key configuration / macros etc etc. which is technically 3rd party software with diablo 3 themed skin.

macros are a use at own risk thing.

Edit... -_- ... Just Realized this is a necro thread.. Wclee.. you necromancer of threads you! ;-P
Edited by InnerTurmoil#1378 on 12/9/2013 8:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Like anything, practice and ingrain good ergonomics and hand mechanics! I play CM all the time and never feel tired.

QWE (ring/middle/index, no pinky use) is a bit more natural of a hand position for me, and I'm able to keep my wrists flat by using the SPACEBAR with my left thumb instead of L-Shift to cast in place (again, no pinky use, this one helped a TON since I could keep my wrists flat on the table)

I then use a mouse thumb button to force move (which has priority over any of the other commands). It lets you stutter-step quickly out of molten/poison/desecrator while getting back to rhythm quickly.

And also, its important to relax. You may be have to press buttons fast, but theres no use in tensing up. Keep your wrists straight and flat on your table, get a padded rest if needed, much cheaper than a macro-keyboard, and lastly and most importantly, remember to breathe! LOL
Edited by Janimation#1682 on 12/9/2013 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 02:51 PMPosted by aPanda
left mouse = WW

1 = diamond skin
2 = eb
3 = frost nova
4 = armor

Can we please sticky this? This is one of the most helpful posts I have ever read in my gaming career. Thank you.

I learnt this from this forum months ago when my cm wiz was only para level 12 (a couple of patches ago when para leveling was a year long process).
This is one of the best things I got from wiz forum; it totally changed my cm wiz gaming experience!
Ever since then, I got my cm wiz to p-level 100, done hundreds of ubers, and now working on CM in HC...never got tired of it. Never need to use macro (I have a "macro capable" gaming keypad)

hope cm wiz is still viable in RoS...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 12/9/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Luffy
hope cm wiz is still viable in RoS..

awwww...someone tell him. i dont have the heart...
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Luffy

Viable is not the word to describe CM in RoS. It's more fun to leave the rest as a mystery...
Reply Quote
This has all probably already been said but ill give u my opinion in case your still looking for any info...

Theres 2 things i wanna open with, imo the ghom test is a horrible test for the cm wiz. Ive been told the ghom test is dumb by quite a few ppl, but i still like trying it either way. 2nd the problem with tired fingers can easily be solved with some small changes to the key bindings.

The reason i think ghom tests are dumb, is because most the time you wont be facing 1 or 2 enemies. CM wiz is a fun build but its sort of a party build imo. You can fit in some fun and supportive buffs, but your dps wont be near as good, and you wont cut through enemies nearly as well as say an archon wiz, some sleet storm builds, and a lot of other classes dps oriented builds.
Ive been playing cm and or archon since shortly after the invincible wiz bug pre paragon and ubers. The CM is a lot of fun, and a good way to learn the class, and the basics of gearing but imo, its best use is for freezing your foes while your buddies melt through the mobs.
When doing anything cm wiz wise short of ubers, you will be up against 3+ enemies at a time, at worst youll be up against 1 or 2 enemies. If you ever dont have 3 enemies on you, theres tons of trash mobs, just walk around and aggro some more. The more enemies, the more crits, the more freezing, the easier everything will run.

As for your binds, its too long to explain the mechanics, but if you fiddle with your abilities, you can see that certain skills have priority over others for various reasons. It took me ages of spamming the 3 main keys and using left click before i realized you can hold 1 down, then i found you can hold 2, and with my current setup all i do is spam left click and the 3 key. I was actually gonna go read a guide that i believe claimed you could set it up to only need to spam 1 key.
You can check my binds on my para 100 wiz but it should look something like, explosive blast on the 1 key, frost nova on the 2 key, and diamond skin on the 3 key. Just run into some mobs hold 1, then hit and hold 2, then start spamming 3. Now just have your twisters on left click or even right click and start alternating or just spamming both the 3 key and left click. There you go only 2 fingers being user and thats just 1 finger per hand.
Reply Quote
I remember this thread, it feels like ages ago even though it's only 10 month ago... lol
Reply Quote
Whenever I see this thread, I think of the Gom Jabbar scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIDtN8CDQmk&feature=player_detailpage#t=198
Reply Quote
I am experimenting with the mouse wheel. Mouse wheel up - Meteor and I am thinking of Mouse Wheel down - WW. With spacebar as a stay still. So you only spam 1 key and use gently mouse wheel movement up and down.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Loroese

Viable is not the word to describe CM in RoS. It's more fun to leave the rest as a mystery...

getting nerfed again?!?!

Now this is the real PAIN of a CM Wiz...
Reply Quote
Luffy...CM is being removed from diablo 3 brotha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]