Diablo® III

Where the hell do I get 1700 more armor from?

Ok

Got 569 All Resists Unbuffed!
I have 4314 Armor Unbuffed.

All Resists are almost there, I can pick up the extra 31 AR pretty easy and not too expensively to get to the magic 600 All Resists mark unbuffed.

What I cannot work out how to do, is to pick up another 1700 more Armor to get to 6000 Armor.

I really can't see how I can manage to get more Armor or Strength on the gear going around at the moment that is going to come close to the making up the 1700 Armor I require to get to 6000 Armor?

So close, but yet so far.
Reply Quote
View profile
6000 is tough i've had 6000 but you need armor affix on rings and ammy too. 5000 is much more reasonable.

your gloves are missing 350 cos you're not wearing taskers
your viles are missing 190 cos they dont have 190 str
Your bracers are missing 200 cos they dont have 500 armor and 123 str like mine
your pursuit is missing at least 100 cos it's not over 800 armor

well you get idea.
Reply Quote
I'm running fine at 4.6k Armor, so I think like 4.5k Armor is enough. More is better but don't sacrifice other stats for Armor.
Reply Quote
I'm near 6000, and I could up it with a high armour tasker, and maybe some minor improvements here and there, but at this point upgrades are 500mil+ and only netting minor improvements. I'm comfortable at the moment.
Reply Quote
6000 is tough i've had 6000 but you need armor affix on rings and ammy too. 5000 is much more reasonable.

your gloves are missing 350 cos you're not wearing taskers
your viles are missing 190 cos they dont have 190 str
Your bracers are missing 200 cos they dont have 500 armor and 123 str like mine
your pursuit is missing at least 100 cos it's not over 800 armor

well you get idea.

Ok, gloves sorted, gained 318 armor and helped a little on All Resists and after fiddling with jewels I have got 1 more Int. :)

I can't tell what braces you are referring to that would be better than what I have. You have Lacunis on, so that not what you are referring to in your post because they don't even have Strength on them.

Pursuit I'm not too fussed about. 100 Str is not going to break the bank 1 way or the other. I do want to replace it though with something with more AR.

So the braces and Viles is where I can make up the difference to get past 5000 at least.

Where else can I make up Armor or Strength, other than obvious rings & amulet?

Thanks.
Edited by Whisper#6439 on 2/3/2013 7:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bought better Vile Wards

All Resists now 573 Unbuffed
Armor now 4788 Unbuffed
Reply Quote
View profile
Oooo I appologize im in 3.35 gear.right now. I'll change when i gt home but looks like ur doing well
Reply Quote
View profile
Where else can I make up Armor or Strength, other than obvious rings & amulet?

15-20m gold Inna's can have 800 armor but they lose INT so you have a choice to make there. DPS or mitigation. They can also have AR. But you can get AR on rings instead.

Then you're about capped unless you start mining and maxing armor on armor peices u already have such as chest, bracers with higher armor and higher str, WH with more armor and STR, and stuff which gets expensive for 100 here and there. thats what i meant about 5000 being reasonable.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/3/2013 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/03/2013 06:46 AMPosted by Paraflare
I'm near 6000, and I could up it with a high armour tasker, and maybe some minor improvements here and there, but at this point upgrades are 500mil+ and only netting minor improvements. I'm comfortable at the moment.

Dude nice all you need is like 190 str 245 int vit viles and bam 6000 - those are ~60m

gogogo.
Reply Quote
6000 armor is probably an unrealistic goal at most budgets. You would do better to go for 800 all resist in terms of total mitigation.

You're at the point where 1 all resist is worth about 9 armor, so if you can get 80 all resist on a piece, it's the same as about 700 armor. So next I would add a piece with all resist rather than armor.
Reply Quote
I don't think we even need to reach 5k Armor...
Reply Quote
View profile
02/03/2013 11:45 AMPosted by novice
I don't think we even need to reach 5k Armor...

I am miserable less than 5500. Notice even 200 armor loss. to my tank abilities. Ask J I left game one time after an "UPGRADE" which uped my dps but lost 200 armor and went back to AH to sell it. I dont like to kite anything and start having to when i lose armor or ar.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/3/2013 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
4500 armor is fine, 5k is just more fine

heck, 4000 is probably 'fine' in some people's opinion (people who don't mind kiting around and spending more time dodging affixes that poop up the floor)
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 2/3/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I personally don't see that huge difference between 4.6k and 5.1k. But maybe it's just me, maybe 5k is needed for MP 10 I guess.
Reply Quote
View profile
4500 armor is fine, 5k is just more fine

heck, 4000 is probably 'fine' in some people's opinion (people who don't mind kiting around and spending more time dodging affixes that poop up the floor)

Sorta except u need a lot more LOH and HP. So it's a wash $ wise AND you got to be procing more for recovery so it's worse in play.
Reply Quote
View profile
BTW litany is a sick ring just thought i throw that out there it's like 120AR. Use it when i absolutely possitivy can not die (ubers) Normally im 5600 armor and 960 AR litified. Only 160K DPS but whateves - they die I wont.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/3/2013 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
hey whisper!
you could try for a WH with 75 Str and 50 AR to upgrade the one you have now. Could also make 9IAS and 45%CD part of your criteria for a nice all around boost too :)
Reply Quote
Thanks for suggestions everybody.

Slowly but surely getting there.

There is a bug in the page http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Whisper-6439/hero/1390664 it shows me with only 43% CHC. I have 7% owed to me from the Natalyas set bonus, which is not showing, so I am in fact at 50%+5% = 55% CHC.

I can pinch another 30 AR on Tal's Pursuits without blowing the budget. Pushing higher AR on those might cost me a bit. though.

Witching Hour with high AR is expensive, but I should be able to get at least another 20-30 without crying to the bank, which ought to push me well through the 600AR mark.

You get AR at a ratio of 10 INT = 1 AR, correct? If so, grinding Paragon Levels will net me another 15-18 AR just from the extra Int. I guess picking somethings up with big Int numbers may help a little there.

Been toying with the idea of swapping out my Innas & Amulet for a Blackthornes Amulet and Pants and stick a Mempo on to make up the IAS.

My Mesmerism Maw Amulet should fetch a little bit of gold, I wouldn't mind a price check on what people think it would be worth?
Reply Quote
Why, exactly, is it so important to hit this number?

So many better ways to improve your EHP. It you're just looking for mitigation, AR is much easier to get.
Reply Quote
suggestion to OP. though armor is usually lower and you gain more from adding it. It gets to a point being not worthwhile.

amy, chest, pants all give up to 396 armor i think so those are the best places to invest.
vilewards with str, maybe high armor legendary gloves.

but the rest, you can't add my armor, you're better off adding resists. because 40 resists > 200 armor pretty much most of the time. And each property you have that adds armor, say... 156 armor, could have been vital stat points, cc, asi, etc.

I would say, don't go overboard with the mitigation, and even if it were for pvp, then you should stack vit, which will give u much more survivability.

BTW to OP. I have an amulet you might want. =)

Something like
+386 armor
121 int
+53 resists all
+56 physical resists
9.5 crit chance
51 crit dmg
Edited by saxy#1624 on 2/4/2013 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]