Diablo® III

Where the hell do I get 1700 more armor from?

4500 armor is fine, 5k is just more fine

heck, 4000 is probably 'fine' in some people's opinion (people who don't mind kiting around and spending more time dodging affixes that poop up the floor)

If you have relatively high all res, 4000armor works and you don't have to kite.
Reply Quote
4k Armor is probably a bit low imo, no matter what your AR is.
Reply Quote
Why, exactly, is it so important to hit this number?

So many better ways to improve your EHP. It you're just looking for mitigation, AR is much easier to get.

you want both but armor is more effective cos wizzies are seriously diminishing returns on AR usually sitting at 800 so armor much more effective.

Why so you can drop bombs in MP10 not even freeezing and reflect doesn't bother u. In fact heal u.

Only 30K HP but huge ar armor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GUz-ZobtA
Edited by FatalXeption#1570 on 2/4/2013 4:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

you want both but armor is more effective cos wizzies are seriously diminishing returns on AR usually sitting at 800 so armor much more effective.

Why so you can drop bombs in MP10 not even freeezing and reflect doesn't bother u. In fact heal u.

Only 30K HP but huge ar armor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GUz-ZobtA

at 4000 armor and 800 resists, 55 resists = 350 armor.
at 5000 armor and 800 resists, 55 resists = 400 armor.

at 4000+ armor it's much harder to get 300 armor than it is to get 70 resists =/
Reply Quote
Ok

After fiddling around

Picked up better WH AR and Pursuit AR and ended up with the following:

637 All Resists
4769 Armor

Don't know how I'm going to crack the 800 AR barrier from this distance.

I should be able to get to 5000 Armor though with judicious AH purchases.

More thoughts and comments?
Reply Quote
View profile
Good numbers, better than mine. I stopped adding AR/armor at 4600 armor and 570 all res. Now I'm at 4673 armor and i think like 580 all res, went little higher with offhand upgrade last night.

Get more vit and DPS. Stay at sweetspot with armor all res u already have and start adding vit and dps.
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 2/6/2013 4:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 11:45 AMPosted by novice
I don't think we even need to reach 5k Armor...

I don't think we even need to reach 900 AR....

:P
Reply Quote
with next patch i dont think we need either.

but really it is pretty much harder to go past 5k armour than to hit 900 ar for us wiz, and even if it is less effective it still adds up mitigation. so yeah im into hitting dimishing returns with ar to push up total damage reduction if i still got slots i can shove that ar in.
Reply Quote
Good numbers, better than mine. I stopped adding AR/armor at 4600 armor and 570 all res. Now I'm at 4673 armor and i think like 580 all res, went little higher with offhand upgrade last night.

Get more vit and DPS. Stay at sweetspot with armor all res u already have and start adding vit and dps.

Well my main reason for trying to bump these numbers are for the following reasons.

I want to be able to tank the Skeleton King walk attack when doing ubers. If I can do that, then the Magda/SK Uber run is reduced to something not too dissimilar to the other 2.

Basically being a Glass Canon if not spun up is starting to piss me off. If I TP into just about most things on MP10 at the moment, it is close to instant death, where as when I am spun up I can sit in 4 desecrates simultaneously.

I want to be more survivable to Arcane Lasers. I can tank 2, 3-4 would be good. 2 not spun up would be good as well.

!@#$% Act 2 Key Warden !@#$%^&*()_+ Nuff Said

Molten as well.

Dying to be able to run full SNS Build PLUS Meteor. The Real End Game Build (TM).

Geting to 200K Damage and being able to do 3 person carries would be a nice service to be able to offer. :D With enough Armor & RA and 200K DPS a CM/WW/Meteor Wizard can carry an entire team, regardless of their DPS.

with next patch i dont think we need either.

but really it is pretty much harder to go past 5k armour than to hit 900 ar for us wiz, and even if it is less effective it still adds up mitigation. so yeah im into hitting dimishing returns with ar to push up total damage reduction if i still got slots i can shove that ar in.

Yeah, sort of concerned I might be shooting my load a little soon, if everything gets nerfed and I can full Glass Canon, I'm sorta going to be annoyed.
Reply Quote
View profile
For your info, 200k SNS is not enought. I'm already there with gloves in my stash (use them when DPS is needed) or when I pick GC. 200k SNS is not enought BY FAR even for 3 low dps people im group. It's OK for group of 2. From my testings, HOTA barbs done well do 1.7x my eDPS.

SNS doesn't have that huge dmg multiplier. It's huge for Wiz, but not even comparable to Barbs/Monks with good builds. CM/WW Meteor build does not have higher multiplier vs 2 monsters than SNS.

Also, I can facetank Kings walk, just not with Shards (but yea I dodge it mostly). But, fyi, I'm not doing it with Shell when I notice it too becouse it's less effective than port behind king in half of his walk. The guy returns then to your full windup.
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 2/7/2013 4:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
4749 Armor
730 AR

Ok is having the extra AR work sacrificing 4.5% CC but I still am at 50.50% CC?

I also lose 430 LoH off the Storm Crow I was wearing.

With the Mempo and Time Stretch, I'm also at 3.09APS

My Vit is much healthier at 36.9K compared to the 30K it was in the previous post.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:26 AMPosted by MasterJay
I don't think we even need to reach 5k Armor...

I don't think we even need to reach 900 AR....

:P

Lol fyi I didn't intend to hit that AR, I'm now all in for DPS. It's just increased... together with +500 Intel...
Reply Quote
I was lurking the us wiz forums a bit today, since the eu forum had some problems. And I noticed a much higher emphasis on mitigation for the build than I see on the eu forums (and a much higher one than myself - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zackaresh-2284/hero/700106 ).

Is the (potential) dps loss really worth it, just so you can run shards? I see most of you using it, and to be honest with my mitigation I can't run shards, not safely enough at least. But does it really make that big of a difference?

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, I didn't feel like opening a new thread just for this.
Edited by Zackaresh#2284 on 2/7/2013 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wizards are a little nuts with the mitigation on these forums. There are a bunch of funny benchmarks floating around and vitality is mostly an afterthought. I think most should be able to comfortably farm with teleport and somewhere around 87-88% mitigation.

Shards gives a noticeable DPS increase. I think it's comparable to running glass cannon. Maybe even a bit better. Probably around a 15-20% dps increase. Shards requires a bit more awareness though. Shell is easy mode for me. Even with glass cannon very few things pose a threat on MP7 and I play very lazily with shell on.
Reply Quote
Yeah I know it's a nice dps increase (it's actually lower than glass with a higher EHP penalty most of the times).
The question is: Is the tradeoff between Str/Armor/AllRes and Int/CD/CC/IAS you all seem so gladly to make to be able to run shards really worth it? You could easily go down a few notches on the mitigation and just run shocknado without shards with a much higher sheet dps, resulting in an equal or even better "real world" (sanctuary) performance.
Edited by Zackaresh#2284 on 2/7/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guys, I want to run MP10 as comfortably as you guys claim to run MP7.

You need the mitigation to survive, but you also need the DPS to make it not the most boring fight in the world, where you are taking minutes to kill trash mobs let alone elites, but also being a healthy damage contributor to whatever party you are in.

Moreover, you run shards because basically you are sitting still in the middle of packs most of the time, and you can spam it without having to aim or be concerned whether it is hitting or not, which I'm sure most of you are already well aware of.

Not many spells give you extra damage mitigation AND dps all in the one spell, and one that you can spam to hell because of CM.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Whisper
You need the mitigation to survive, but you also need the DPS to make it not the most boring fight in the world, where you are taking minutes to kill trash mobs let alone elites, but also being a healthy damage contributor to whatever party you are in.

I'm at 89.86% Mitigation at 913 LoH and I'm doing just fine in MP10.
http://d3up.com/b/107436
The spec you see on D3up is the one I use for group MP10 farm, I just spec to survive and be fast because it's so fast anyway in the group I usually farm in.

For solo I use Aph's build (Not sure he made it up, but I got it from him anyway)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VSXYhT!gWY!Yccccc
With 295k buffed DPS.

So basically.. Stop caring so much about mitigation, aim for 89%+, a good chunk LoH and start working on damage from there. Especially now with 1.07 nerfing RD, only trouble should be plague stacked with other painful stuff, but generally, no need at all to be so tanky.
Reply Quote
I'm at 89.86% Mitigation at 913 LoH and I'm doing just fine in MP10.
http://d3up.com/b/107436
The spec you see on D3up is the one I use for group MP10 farm, I just spec to survive and be fast because it's so fast anyway in the group I usually farm in.

Dude, you are well over 100K better EHP than me.

You are where I want to be, at or around that 500K mark with another 70K Damage.
Edited by Whisper#6439 on 2/8/2013 4:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Niko
For solo I use Aph's build (Not sure he made it up, but I got it from him anyway)

If you can live without Blood Magic go Electrify for even more DPS
Reply Quote
For your info, 200k SNS is not enought. I'm already there with gloves in my stash (use them when DPS is needed) or when I pick GC. 200k SNS is not enought BY FAR even for 3 low dps people im group. It's OK for group of 2. From my testings, HOTA barbs done well do 1.7x my eDPS.

SNS doesn't have that huge dmg multiplier. It's huge for Wiz, but not even comparable to Barbs/Monks with good builds. CM/WW Meteor build does not have higher multiplier vs 2 monsters than SNS.

Also, I can facetank Kings walk, just not with Shards (but yea I dodge it mostly). But, fyi, I'm not doing it with Shell when I notice it too becouse it's less effective than port behind king in half of his walk. The guy returns then to your full windup.

Cyclone strike monk and meteor hybird wiz is the fastest mp8-10 farming.

Meteor outperforms hota by far. For hota to do the same dmg spell wise it has to use the small radius rune. However wizard still has conflagration 10%+, shocking aspect, explosive blast running, that puts it way over. Not to mention meteor is ranged thus it can be used ahead and behind etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]