Diablo® III

Suggestions to improve crafting

I think crafting has some real potential in D3. Here's somethings I would love to see added to both artisans.

Blacksmith:
--The UI is all off with the crafting material and tomes of training being mixed in with the weapon tab. I would really like to see the option to combine materials and tomes put under training. Just call it training and materials. Please take material and tome combining out of the weapons tab. Also, the time to combine materials and tomes needs to be taken away completely. I understand the need to have it for crafting armor and weapons but to have a timer on combining materials is completely pointless and annoying.

Jeweler: Right now the jeweler is useless up until you want to combine gems in inferno, after perfect square. To make him useful give him the ability to craft rings and amulets at various levels as you train him up to 10. One thing I find incredibly annoying is how hellfire rings break down into material that wasn't even used to make them. Please make a salvaged hellfire breakdown into one random body part. And please, PLEASE make the crafting time for gems 1 second.
Edited by OverKill#1223 on 2/4/2013 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Seriously... Shen needs to be able to craft blue and rare jewelry at various levels as you progress through the game. From levels 1-59 he is completely useless. No one ever combines gems until they get to inferno. If Shen can craft amulets and rings as we progress from normal to inferno he will actually have some use. Make him like the blacksmith. As we level him we unlock different level jewelry. I also think the combining gem CD should be removed or reduced to 1/2 a second. It is painful to sit there and combine a thousand gems with a 3 second CD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]