Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

i don't think it's OP, i think each character has its own unique skills and playing styles. a barb is not a glass cannon. a ranged fighter has skills specifically meant to allow you to skirt danger. or in the wizard's case, to freeze it. my dh is my first love, but i've got one of every class, too. only until recently have i been doing a lot of experimenting with builds. there are some budget builds out there that will get you only so far. you need to continue to add more str/dex/int and more crit chance/damage and better dps weapons. it's unfair to say that any one character is OP because in different areas, they all have advantages over the other classes.

so sayeth the shepherd!
Here is the #1 secret to succeeding with any class in Diablo 3.

wait for it...

almost there...

*VISA*
*MASTERCARD*
*PAYPAL*
(Of course you'll need either rich parents and access to their account(s) or a job.)
Edited by BSHADOWS#1571 on 2/6/2013 11:27 PM PST
Several people have pointed out that survivability is one of the core traits of the class... Barbs and monks get a 30% defensive bonus for this reason.

By the same logic, ranged should do more damage, correct? Who has the fastest azmodan kill times? Far and away the barb... other classes don't even come close. If barbs are naturally very tanky, shouldn't DH/wizard be able to out-gun them?

Yes, ranged characters do more damage. Proof:
http://diablostats.com/?v=25&s=0&y=&c=0&r=0&p=1

Taking a few outliers don't make your point. Look, there's a Monk at #11!
(I am sure we can all agree that the 470K DPS Monk is a rare breed)
OP thinks spending over 2 minutes to kill a pack is efficient?
[quote="78099596993"] Other classes are not as strong or efficient when it comes to PvM,/quote]
You waste your time on mp8/9 and then talk of efficiency?
Monk tempest rush and Demonhunter are the fastest paragon levelers, not Barb.
Barb is just OP and cheap to gear, thats all.

Remind me, how many barbs are on the top 20 first to paragon 100 list?
Several people have pointed out that survivability is one of the core traits of the class... Barbs and monks get a 30% defensive bonus for this reason.

By the same logic, ranged should do more damage, correct? Who has the fastest azmodan kill times? Far and away the barb... other classes don't even come close. If barbs are naturally very tanky, shouldn't DH/wizard be able to out-gun them?

Actually no, it's because on average, ranged gets hit far less than melee. It has nothing to do with damage output.

And to keep a ranged distance(and thus take less damage), you have to kite. However, kiting makes your dps !@#$ since you can't move and kill very well at the same time. Therefore, shouldn't ranged be able to achieve higher dps of offset this? As it is, barbs are the ones with by far the most dps... which makes zero sense. 0 need to kite, cc immunity, highest dps, extra availability of lifesteal(belts, passives, abilities, and viable dual wielding/2h)and bonus defences.
Edited by Atomize#1137 on 2/7/2013 1:03 AM PST

You realize that barbs were using WW build way before monks were using TR, wizards with archon, etc. Seriously, that's why barbs were the faster to 100 paragon: they had the farming build figured out earlier than other classes. Barbs are pretty much middle of the pack when it comes to paragon farming, only wizards are actually disadvantaged (archon is still too slow compared to other builds, and even Blizzard isn't as good as other classes).
And to keep a ranged distance(and thus take less damage), you have to kite. However, kiting makes your dps !@#$ since you can't move and kill very well at the same time. Therefore, shouldn't ranged be able to achieve higher dps of offset this? As it is, barbs are the ones with by far the most dps... which makes zero sense. 0 need to kite, cc immunity, highest dps, extra availability of lifesteal(belts, passives, abilities, and viable dual wielding/2h)and bonus defences.

Did you miss this?

Edited by GChiu#1830 on 2/7/2013 1:04 AM PST
02/07/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Samuraix88

sounds like someones mad because all their class is good for is freezing mobs LOL

You mix real damage with synthetic dps, that you see at character sheet. We have very limited ways to calculate real dps. Single-target dps: kill mp2 azmodan, divide hp by time. Multi-target dps: do Alkhaizer run. We dont know the sum mobs hp, so we use time to compare real dps: less time you need - more real dps you have.
02/07/2013 03:07 AMPosted by Bowser
Ya !@#$ this game

Later

Yeah, I would expect for other classes to have a lot more dps to compensate.

Here is the #1 secret to succeeding with any class in Diablo 3.

wait for it...

almost there...

*VISA*
*MASTERCARD*
*PAYPAL*
(Of course you'll need either rich parents and access to their account(s) or a job.)

lol
And maybe a tendacy for immediate gratification.

02/07/2013 12:32 AMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
Because he's the OP.

Yes I know he is the OP... People usually quote the person in which they are responding to. There is 10 pages of posts, and many posters... I did not quote him because I was not referring to or talking to him... Sorry for the misunderstanding...

No problem buddy.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/7/2013 4:14 AM PST
Yes barb is OP in farm for mp1-10 depending on the gear and have higher survivability then most other class... I did play all 5 class and geared them...
This game is not really about who OP class all the way....more about farming efficiently, any class can farm any mp1-5 and can get drop sold in millions...
If you don't like been slow and weak...then just make a barb and farm..you can't really expect all class to run 75%movement speed while kill all monster..if Blizz did make all class same skill pattern like that it not really 5 different class more like 1 class and just different image on each class then what the point of the game...
And 50mill golds for barb is not consider op for farming...in fact it way too slow and i doubt you can find any good drop since lvl paragon way too low...
and if you a newb player and you think using $ is fast to get gear...duh that comment sense ..you got nothing to be able to farm like people who spend 1500 hour of farming... quit try compare your character with other people when hour spend way less...
Edited by Zodiark#1635 on 2/7/2013 4:54 AM PST
Blizzard dont listen to the anti-Barbarians. He is the most famous character and dont nerf it. He is like Kratos from God of War
I've read first 2 pages and last one. I don't know if you cleared that up yet but I really felt sorry for OP so I'll write it down for him, and I maxed all my characters and made them efficient as much as I can with limited time to be able to switch any of them and farm anytime I want.

Conclusion; I hardly touched my Barb, hardly bought anything and gave what I found with my wiz and even before that I always felt that Barb does way too much dmg and has more endurance than any other character I tried. Barb was my last character since I don't really like melee tankish characters in any game.

As OP stated; Barb is cheap to build. Because you can scrap many stats out in items thanks to your passives/skills. No other character in the game has such traits, therefore others cost much more. In my experience, in an uber run, we all got wiped and Barb killed both of them alone. It was MP7 and his dps wasn't 6 digits without buffs, his paralvl was at the wrong side of the 50.

I call this OP, but as many other rational people here, I don't call for nerfs. I, too simply call for a tune up for other characters in the game. Dex-dodge can be buffed, intel-aRes can be buffed, nerf isn't the only way. It's just disencouraging to see a barb who has crappy gear can do better than your well geared DH or Wiz.

TL;DR

Barb is OP coz it's cheaper to build and we want other classes to be OP as much as them since it's fun to overkill.
Barbs are cheaper due to not sharing strength with another class
I think this is the reason barbs are OP:

• Life leech belt
  • Dual hand weapons
  • Base stat strenght
  • Run speed
Edited by Org#1661 on 2/7/2013 5:50 AM PST

Well, I just recorded my barb killing a pack in 1 min 30 at MP8. But in your definition of what is doing, I can't do it, it seems. I could never clear a level in 5 minutes at that speed. That was not the point I was trying to make, but still. My WD or DH could NEVER farm MP8 with better gear than my barb. They would just die in a few seconds. My barb doesn't die, and it kills packs pretty much easily. It just takes a little less than 2 minutes, like I said before.

Vid or it didn't happen
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]