Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

why the op and everybody else gotta post the same crap complaining about barbs.

sincerely, a wizard player.

says the guy who only read the title.

Just to be clear, I love barbs. I don't want them to change. I love my barb. She's awesome. I just love when mobs explode when I hit them with my skorn.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 1:33 PM PST

says the guy who only read the title.

Just to be clear, I love barbs. I don't want them to change. I love my barb. She's awesome. I just love when mobs explode when I hit them with my skorn.

you're right. I did only read the title. I've just seen so many "baba is OP" threads in the last couple monthes its rediculous.

calling them overpowered doesn't do anything except send a "NERF" message to devs. how about saying other classes should be buffed to be on par with the barb. saying that the barb is the only class thats where it should be.

not only that but I seem to recall over in the ptr forms every single class is calling each other overpowered. not just barb

"Baba is Op cuz rend!"
"Dh is Op Cuz smokescreen"
"WD is Op cuz Haunt!"
"monk is OP cuz dodge and tank"
Wizard is OP cuz storm armor" < that ones the funniest

Okay. But the first thing I did was clarify what I meant by OP in the first line of my original post. Dev are not stupid. If we know something, it's that community managers read the original post that gets their attention and they read it, as well as the replies. But I agree that the title can be misleading. In my defense, I wanted to get the attention of people and "powerful" was too long as a word.

But for the PVP, from what I have seen, WotB and Hex (WD) shouldn't be allowed. For the rest, I think it's okay. Rend is okay cause barbs have to actually hit the target. Smokescreen is okay, because you can rend through it if you can anticipate the location. And there is a .5 second delay, so you can't spam it. As for Haunt, I couldn't say.

I might add too that people can say a class is OP, that it's not always pejorative. Every class should feel OP, as long as it's in a balanced way. It shouldn't be too easy, but you shouldn't feel so squishy. I'm really starting to like farming in high MPs, even if it's not that efficient for me. I like to feel strong, but at the same time be careful about what I'm doing.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/9/2013 2:08 PM PST
Also the barb set actually has AR on pretty much every piece where inna's set doesn't have AR on any of the pieces.

There are many IK set pieces without AR (and that are the cheap ones to dress your barb), and there are Inna's set pieces with AR. You actually wear two of them on your monk right now.

PS: And don't forget that a monk has OWE to work with that a little.
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 2/9/2013 4:48 PM PST
02/09/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Forelle
Also the barb set actually has AR on pretty much every piece where inna's set doesn't have AR on any of the pieces.

There are many IK set pieces without AR (and that are the cheap ones to dress your barb), and there are Inna's set pieces with AR. You actually wear two of them on your monk right now.

PS: And don't forget that a monk has OWE to work with that a little.

The IK boot, belt and chest armor always have 71-80 AR, while all Inna pieces have to roll AR as a random magical property. Sometimes you can roll like 22 AR :s
If you want to have an easy time on HIGHER mp's you'll need to spend about 1-2 billion / slot not 40mill on a whole char... Just sayin' 40mill doesn't buy one GG item unless you get a newb post at 1day 12hours.. gl tho

Please be mindful of a thread's original posting date when replying. We want to avoid resurrecting old threads. Thanks!

- Forum moderation team
Edited by Varraguz on 7/3/2013 3:04 PM PDT
View profile
07/03/2013 02:43 PMPosted by TarantulaYrO
If you want to have an easy time on HIGHER mp's you'll need to spend about 1-2 billion / slot not 40mill on a whole char... Just sayin' 40mill doesn't buy one GG item unless you get a newb post at 1day 12hours.. gl tho

Dude, look at post dates before you necro crap threads.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]