Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

02/04/2013 10:02 PMPosted by bearr
I know my barb isn't that great, but I can still farm MP8 without dying.

No. You can't, never with that gears.
cry for more nerfs please. you babies got this game ruined already, why not keep getting your way.

02/04/2013 10:02 PMPosted by bearr
For less than 10mil, I can have a DPS of 190K with in game buffs, and still have lots of armor and resists, and a good amount of life.

prove this.

you guys need to relearn what classes are about. you want all to take same damage and put out same damage for same range with same stills. nice.

Calm down man. All the posts have been well thought so far. Like I said in my first post, I said I don't want barbs to be nerfed. It's just a discussion about the fact that barbs require less gold to gear. In fact, all other classes should get fixed, cause Barbs are pretty awesome. I can only do MP8 because my skills are well chosen.

And I won't prove this. That's not the point I'm trying to make. But you can look at my gear and tell my how it costs, with gems. I have 88K unbuff, but with battle rage, and the 24% buff from bash, and if I use the overpower with 10% crit chance and the passive that gives 30% bonus dmg when three mobs are nearby, I do get 192K dps (I tried it). As I said, I don't use all these skills most of the time, so I have 149K dps at all times with battle rage and bash (so I rend one time, bash, bash, bash, get the bonus, and rend again. Repeat).

Edit: yeah okay, I'll prove it. I'll take a screenshot later, no problem.

WD is the cheapest class to raise! look at AH and check how cheap is the mojo .

May i have a full run screen shot?
I dont think you gearing right in high mp with 3.3K armor and 37K hp. WD.

GI and GF for the one who have pick up yards ! Sorry you have 0
Bear only for the one can stand close to the monster and shot. Can you hold you position without dead?
Skorn! Ls! can be effective if you have AS item. Can your bear "hit" anything? and steal anything if the elite is not coming to you?

leveling all to 60 is not that difficult. My wizard and DH is 60 but i can say i dont know how to use them. Casual play only.

your barbarian "farm" mp8 ? which area? your barbarian have 0 AS item i dont think a As 1 skorn with 0 AS can do good in mp8. WOTB 15sec the first pack and how about the next elite pack? facing the slow skeleton forever?

Every bar need to gearing right to keep WOTB just like WD gearing right to farm MP10.

Thanks for your post man. I appreciate. Yeah, I don't consider myself having a good WD. But I'll tell you why I use GI and GF. What I do is when I see a pack or mobs, I jump in the middle, and spam bears. As I'm so close to them, there is a 8 yard range with GI. So I get the bonus a lot. As for GF, globes pop all around me, and I just move a bit towards them and get the bonus. But, yeah, I spent 40mil on my WD and I don't play with him a lot. I'm just having fun with it sometimes.

As for my barb, I farm all areas, mostly act 3. Just to be clear, my WOTB only helps me kill packs faster, but I don't need it to survive. Honestly, I don't even watch what I'm doing: I see a pack, I go near it, rend, bash bash bash, rend, get back a bit, go back, and repeat. It takes about 2 minutes by pack I think, and it's just faster with WOTB, but I don't need it. I never die really. The last time I died, it was because there was three packs just near the Keywarden in act 2, and all three froze me non stop lol.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 9:08 AM PST
I know my barb isn't that great, but I can still farm MP8 without dying.

No. You can't, never with that gears.

Yes I can. lol

That's why I'm making this thread. It's amazing. I was so surprised myself. A friend of mine has a similar barb and we often farm together MP7-8, and do just fine. But we can't just jump into the pack like idiots, we have to rend, bash, move back a yard, and repeat.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 9:23 AM PST
People need to try gearing and using Wiz on high MP before complaining about them being OP.
Lol the most important skill of ww barb is how are u gonna ensure that u hv constant wotb up.Frm ur gear i dun think using skorn is a gd choice.
Barbs are only OP in PvE.

On the other hand, I hear the average barb is getting smacked on the PTR against WD, DH, monks... only the specially-built barbs seem to be holding up.

WD is the cheapest class to raise! look at AH and check how cheap is the mojo .

No, WD is not the cheapest. Mojo is cheap because no other class can use them, and half of WD don't even want them. Neither of my witchdoctors use a mojo (and if I did want to use one, it would probably be a 0dog homunculous, which is NOT cheap). :p

On the other hand, every DH wants a quiver, most wizards wants a source, making them on average a bit dearer than the average thing of the deep. But that doesn't make WD cheaper overall. Why? Because they have to compete with wizards for their gear, like Zunimassa set bonuses (since Tal Rasha set bonuses suck so much). :p
02/05/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Xtasis
Lol the most important skill of ww barb is how are u gonna ensure that u hv constant wotb up.Frm ur gear i dun think using skorn is a gd choice.

WW? I rend buddy.

02/05/2013 09:22 AMPosted by dml618
My barb is OP

Nice barb!
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 9:26 AM PST
88k dps with buffs low as hell APS rend barb with 12% MS and no SOJ claiming he's doing MP8 at any type of reasonable speed. Rofl. Spending 5 minutes an elite pack is anything but reasonable.
02/05/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Asadian
88k dps with buffs low as hell APS rend barb with 12% MS and no SOJ claiming he's doing MP8 at any type of reasonable speed. Rofl. Spending 5 minutes an elite pack is anything but reasonable.

Please, read before commenting, 88K without buffs, but I'm always, always, at 149K in game, as Battle rage and bash buffs are always on. And I said 2 minutes per pack. Good try.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 9:31 AM PST
This is ridiculous. You people sound like kids calling for nerfs in PvM.

I think it's been long established that every class needs to be buffed! Take that WoW nerfing mentality and gtfo with your QQ's
This is ridiculous. You people sound like kids calling for nerfs in PvM.

I think it's been long established that every class needs to be buffed! Take that WoW nerfing mentality and gtfo with your QQ's

I'd like to point that the only ones that talked about nerfs so far are people like you. I never said barbs needed nerf, I just said they were really powerful and cheap to gear.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 2/5/2013 9:34 AM PST
Well to be honest the player base from this game has been dead for awhile. The game is so desolate gold spammers don't even bother in general chat anymore lol. Game sucks from the constant "rebalancing" since the game released, the terrible itemization, and pointless carrot on a stick end game.

I barely play anymore and my once large friends list is completely empty. Not a single one plays anymore. Game is beyond repair at this point.
02/05/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Garthandal
2m per pack is a LONG time.

But he calls it "farming".

Cmon you guys, mister 97 paragon level barb. I never said I was OP like you guys, and I never said I could kill a pack in 30 seconds. I farm slow, fast, whatever, my point is that I don't have a tank barb, and I can kill packs in MP8 without dying, without taking an hour to kill a pack. As I spent 10mil or less to gear my barb, I thought it was pretty amazing. I can never do such a thing with my other classes. Yes, your barbs are OP, great job. You don't have to be a snob.
Known facts:

Cheapest class to gear for para lvls: Wizard archon build
Fastest class to farm para lvls: Monk Tempest rush build

Now that we have the basics down to say a class can "farm" we're talking about 8-10 mins runs meaning everything in your path has to die instantly, elites dying in no more than 3 seconds.

If you can do a full alk(example) run in 8-10mins in MP8 then thats called farming if not then its shloudn't be called that, its like people saying i got "scammed" when they got "ripped off". One last thing, why would ever a hit-and-run class like DH needs to have the same resistance as a monk/barb?. These two are melee classes for god sake.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]