Diablo® III

Why barbs are OP (after leveling all classes to 60)

(Locked)

You guys almost made me doubt. Just logged in, killed the first pack I saw in less than 2 minutes. I can make a vid if you guys want, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Yeah do it. I'm not tech guru and I haven't tried to record any vids, but from what I heard fraps is the software people use. Google it and you might find a way to use it.

You guys almost made me doubt. Just logged in, killed the first pack I saw in less than 2 minutes. I can make a vid if you guys want, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Yeah do it. I'm not tech guru and I haven't tried to record any vids, but from what I heard fraps is the software people use. Google it and you might find a way to use it.

Cool thanks, I'll look into it ;)
http://www.ezvid.com/diablo_3_screen_capture_tutorial
02/05/2013 01:04 PMPosted by bearr
Another thing I noticed is that you only have +12% movement speed and you don't use Sprint. This is gonna lower your efficiency a lot more than your mob killing speed. I guess for under 10m you can't have everything, eh?

lol yeah exactly. I'd like to have more movement speed and if I have 20 mil, a skorn with life on steal, and one day the IK set lol.

i say bull, do a vid of you killing the butcher before the the floor turns to fire and Ghom before to poison cloud kills you,
just because you can kill white mods an the easy elites is nothing,

2 minutes is hardly an achievement. Most seek under 20 seconds for farming efficiency.
02/05/2013 01:27 PMPosted by silverfire
2 minutes is hardly an achievement. Most seek under 20 seconds for farming efficiency.

Dude, I know. I says a couple times that it's not efficient. I just said I didn't think a barb with so low budget gear could do it, which is impossible to achieve with other classes.
I agree with the balance issues, but it's misleading to say that you can "easily farm" a monster level when elite kills are that tedious.

If you want a rude awakening of your barb's weaknesses, give soloing uber Siege/Kulle a shot on a high MP. Caution though, have someone as backup, because you almost definitely will fail. I'm not saying this to downplay your character or anything, but just to note an example of a fight in this game where the balance is not tilted in the favor of the barbarian class. It's much easier on a well-balanced ranged character, and leaps and bounds easier on a properly spec'ed CM wizard.
I agree with the balance issues, but it's misleading to say that you can "easily farm" a monster level when elite kills are that tedious.

If you want a rude awakening of your barb's weaknesses, give soloing uber Siege/Kulle a shot on a high MP. Caution though, have someone as backup, because you almost definitely will fail. I'm not saying this to downplay your character or anything, but just to note an example of a fight in this game where the balance is not tilted in the favor of the barbarian class. It's much easier on a well-balanced ranged character, and leaps and bounds easier on a properly spec'ed CM wizard.

I agree with you. Kulle is hard. He slows me down too often, and he keeps running away. With my friend barb, we can manage only MP5 because of him.
I tried a software to record, but it has difficulty to download. For some reasons, it gets stuck at 93% download... Going to check on that later.
they can't even get AH to work you think they are going to fix class imbalance?

sure fine whatever, nerf barbs. nerf barbs everyday. nerf wizards too. nerf everything.
02/05/2013 09:58 AMPosted by TALIB
One last thing, why would ever a hit-and-run class like DH needs to have the same resistance as a monk/barb?. These two are melee classes for god sake.

Have you played a DH recently? Many monsters are on top of any character in seconds.
You're going to tell me those Hulking Phase Beasts keep their distance?
Those act 2 snakes keep their distance?
Those hopping burrowing monsters keep their distance?

And what about all those projectiles? Mortar, those fireballs from those flying things in act 3, The flame thingies being tossed from those lacunis in act 2. DH may not be melee but they'll get hit a great deal. And dodge only works so well. Smoke screen is very costly and if a DH relies on it too much, will bleed the discipline dry. And a DH without discipline is near useless when the screen goes crazy.

I just love barbs who say "oh but DHs aren't melee so they're fine". Sure...
If you are "farming" mp8 in that setup you aren't doing it very efficiently time-wise.

Bash, Rend, and run away... then repeat? You're kiting with a Barbarian?!
Edited by Sahbatage#1201 on 2/5/2013 3:22 PM PST
I would like to see you kill any Molten pack on MP8 please, that is all.
People forget that Barbs (and Monks) are a melee class and can take more damage than the other 3 classes for a reason. IMO they aren't really that over powered.
If you are "farming" mp8 in that setup you aren't doing it very efficiently time-wise.

I wouldn't call it farming, nor kiting. Kiting is firing or attacking while running back. With my barb, I only take a step back after a few hit, just so my life is full again by rend. And I don't say that I'm farming in the sense of being efficient. I farm my keys at MP8. My point is, I repeat, that I can kill pretty much any pack at MP8 in less than two minutes without dying or having a difficult time. If two minutes is not efficient in your definition, than I agree. I should farm on lower MPs maybe. But like I said, my point is that I can do all that with a barb that has really low end gear (10mil budget tops). Which I can't do with my 40-50mil WD and DH.

I wouldn't call it farming, nor kiting. Kiting is firing or attacking while running back. With my barb, I only take a step back after a few hit, just so my life is full again by rend. And I don't say that I'm farming in the sense of being efficient. I farm my keys at MP8. My point is, I repeat, that I can kill pretty much any pack at MP8 in less than two minutes without dying or having a difficult time. If two minutes is not efficient in your definition, than I agree. I should farm on lower MPs maybe. But like I said, my point is that I can do all that with a barb that has really low end gear (10mil budget tops). Which I can't do with my 40-50mil WD and DH.

You're beating a dead horse. Most of the people here don't fully read the posts. They just skim and then want to make their epeen bigger by putting you down.

Your point is simple, it's cheaper and easier to kill (not farm, not kite, simply kill) monsters at higher MP levels with a Barb than other classes. That's it. And I agree with that assessment. People will feel the need to read in between the lines and make assumptions that you're trying to insinuate things that aren't there. It's a lost cause.

You're beating a dead horse. Most of the people here don't fully read the posts. They just skim and then want to make their epeen bigger by putting you down.

Your point is simple, it's cheaper and easier to kill (not farm, not kite, simply kill) monsters at higher MP levels with a Barb than other classes. That's it. And I agree with that assessment. People will feel the need to read in between the lines and make assumptions that you're trying to insinuate things that aren't there. It's a lost cause.

you sure? My WD can surive Mp10 without death. My DPS is too low to farm there. Many skill help me surive but not " farm" kill anything is MP10 is not difficult just need time.... meaningless topic.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/5/2013 6:38 PM PST
i know its just semantics, since i play with a barb, monk and wiz, i feel that my monk and wiz are underpowered compared to the barb. i want my monk and wiz(not playing cm/ww wiz) to feel powerful like my barb.
I dont think you gearing right in high mp with 3.3K armor and 37K hp. WD.

GI and GF for the one who have pick up yards ! Sorry you have 0
Bear only for the one can stand close to the monster and shot. Can you hold you position without dead?
Skorn! Ls! can be effective if you have AS item. Can your bear "hit" anything? and steal anything if the elite is not coming to you?

leveling all to 60 is not that difficult. My wizard and DH is 60 but i can say i dont know how to use them. Casual play only.

your barbarian "farm" mp8 ? which area? your barbarian have 0 AS item i dont think a As 1 skorn with 0 AS can do good in mp8. WOTB 15sec the first pack and how about the next elite pack? facing the slow skeleton forever?

Every bar need to gearing right to keep WOTB just like WD gearing right to farm MP10.

Thanks for your post man. I appreciate. Yeah, I don't consider myself having a good WD. But I'll tell you why I use GI and GF. What I do is when I see a pack or mobs, I jump in the middle, and spam bears. As I'm so close to them, there is a 8 yard range with GI. So I get the bonus a lot. As for GF, globes pop all around me, and I just move a bit towards them and get the bonus. But, yeah, I spent 40mil on my WD and I don't play with him a lot. I'm just having fun with it sometimes.

As for my barb, I farm all areas, mostly act 3. Just to be clear, my WOTB only helps me kill packs faster, but I don't need it to survive. Honestly, I don't even watch what I'm doing: I see a pack, I go near it, rend, bash bash bash, rend, get back a bit, go back, and repeat. It takes about 2 minutes by pack I think, and it's just faster with WOTB, but I don't need it. I never die really. The last time I died, it was because there was three packs just near the Keywarden in act 2, and all three froze me non stop lol.

thats why you keep deading in high mp with this foolish fighting style. You cant 1 shot them and you are 1 shoted. your LS skorn waste all your buget and not function well.

your WOTB can only keep 15 sec and wait 2 minutes what can you do this 2 minutes without a LS skorn in mp 8 act 3?
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/5/2013 6:34 PM PST
If the current dev team had shown previously that they could buff classes worth a damn, this would be a different discussion. Whoever is the person in charge of buffs and skill overhaul has the intellect capacity of a hamster with head trauma. Just look at the Wizard buffs so far. They have been horrible. They talk up this great game of buffing the Wizard each time and we get these worthless buffs to skills where the buffs don't even make the skills worth using. Then they continuously try to nerf away CM wizards while even more OP WW barbs remain virtually untouched and at a continuous economic advantage. It's ridiculous. The dev team is such hypocrites when they talk about class balance.
You're relying on BloodLust rune to carry you in the higher MP's. Compare the time it takes you to clear say mp 5 on your barb with that build compared to the time on your WD or DH. It will be significantly longer.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]