Diablo® III

Tommorow 1.0.7 patch? YAAY

Bluepost in german forum says no patch tomorrow
Reply Quote

Now you are just being stupid, plain and simple. Plvl 27 is around 750M XP, starting of course at lv60. If you think that is something you do in a weekend, then whatever, really. even playing 12h is 60M/h, which is hardly "casual".

It took me over 600 million for my last 2 levels... and I did it at mp0, which anyone can do at blazing speeds. So yes it's fair to say that you can get 750 million xp over the course of the weekend. But it would take a fair amount of time, 12 to 25 hours. (obviously if you at the 25 hour end of the spectrum, I wouldn't classify that as casual time.)
Reply Quote
They should add an ears collection in pvp. Ears are delicious you know, yummy. :D
Edited by Joran#1994 on 2/5/2013 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Im on eu server, and when I start the game it says something about 2 hours maintance for restarting the servers.

and here on the us forums:

We will be performing scheduled game maintenance for Diablo 3 on Tuesday, February 5th. Maintenance will begin at 5:00 AM PST and is expected to last for 6 hours. During this time Diablo 3 will not be available for play. In addition, many web services will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

WHAT TO THINK??
Reply Quote
I was excited a month ago. Now I'm playing PoE. Sorry.
Reply Quote
And don't forget, it took them aprox. 2 months for this !@#$ty patch.
Reply Quote
well I'm logged on now. nothing's changed but ah is back to fast
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Cybralisk
yea this is literally the worst patch ever, there was no need to increase experiance for monster power. Now people will get to paragon 100 3 times as fast. The dueling is pointless without rankings or rewards no one will be doing that 2 weeks after the patch. The crafting is useless. The new gems were a terrible idea, miniscule stat gains for 5 times the cost of radiant stars.

So...it's bad for people to get to higher Paragon levels faster? People have been complaining up and down that running Act 3 repeatedly on MP0-2 over and over is boring and repetitive. Raising the XP reward on higher MPs not only inspires people to further challenge themselves for more reward, but higher Paragon levels for most players will mean greater amounts of high end drops...and more high end drops means LESS need for the Auction House. This = good.

So...it's bad for people to have a place where they can just spar without consequence? You need to read and listen...the devs are still developing more PvP features, dueling is just the tip of the iceberg.

So...it's also bad for people just getting to Inferno to have more crafting options, so that the drastically sharp increase in difficulty doesn't seem harsh enough to push them into using the Auction House? Just looking at your main, Cybralisk, you can likely handle high MPs...characters just getting to Inferno, who don't have high powered gear yet, now have a chance to upgrade so they can handle higher MPs WITHOUT the Auction House.

You, like many, are seriously underestimating this patch. While it doesn't benefit the people who are quite a bit farther ahead than lower level characters, because they've geared themselves to the teeth with endgame level gear via the AH, it DOES benefit players who want a more organic experience of upgrading.

Maybe at launch, the AH was needed. At this point? If you're still upgrading via the Auction House, you're pretty much a weak chump who took the easy way out, who doesn't want to leave their fate up to the "chance of RNG." Yeah, that's a really easy scapegoat to blame.

If anything, this patch further digs a wedge between those players who WANT to work for their glory, and the players who are fine with feeling godly because they flipped rares and legendaries for their "unique" gear choices.
Reply Quote

When you say "grinding experience" for a couple months, you don't actually mean that do you? It takes a weekend for a reasonably casual gamer to hit Plvl 27, and I'm not even remotely elitist.

What's wrong with having difficult/hard-to-obtain goals? What's the benefit of having such a goal changed when heaps of people have already dedicated hundreds of hard-spent hours to attain said goal? So a few people who play the game less can have a false sense of satisfaction?

Whatever floats your boat, dude. I really don't know how to explain to randoms what a "good patch" would be like in a game in D3's precarious position, and I'm not really too concerned.

Love it, if that's what you need to do. Whatever you need.

Now you are just being stupid, plain and simple. Plvl 27 is around 750M XP, starting of course at lv60. If you think that is something you do in a weekend, then whatever, really. even playing 12h is 60M/h, which is hardly "casual".

12 hours of solid, no break exp farming at 60m/hour is not casual at all. It is pretty hard core. The large exp increases are not really going to make paragon leveling too much faster. They are simply going to make farming at higher mp levels as good or better than speed farming at lower mp levels. At 60m exp/hour it is still going to take over 300 hours to hit level 100. It has taken me 300 hours to hit 97. Not sure it is going to be any faster in 1.0.7. I think this patch has a lot of great improvements. If you don't like it then play something else.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 2/5/2013 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is what's wrong with the D3 community. Everybody is SO sour.

If you don't like the game, dont play it, dont look at the threads, nothing.

Your verbal poison does nothing but make yourself feel better about being bad a decent game.

Sure the content amount isnt there (yet) but its still a very fun game.

And why do half of the people that complain look like they have hardly even played the game? I do not understand.
Edited by Hackenberger#1775 on 2/5/2013 7:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

Your verbal poison does nothing but make yourself feel better about being bad a decent game.

+1
Reply Quote

There are so many things I dislike about the game a mediocre skill system could not entice me.

Diablo 3 is nice, but the skill system in the other game is by no means mediocre.

Wait till they're done with maintenance and go check out their website to have a look

at how COMPLEX it just looks and how the skills gives the 12 yo looking game a tenfold

in depth than what you fancy to play now.

PS. Forgot to say.... IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEE

free? I swear blizz wouldnt let me play until i paid $60 for it
Edited by SteLitY#1825 on 2/5/2013 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
patch will prob be up after new game director is hired I guess haha~
Awww i thought theres patch too but guess not.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 12:22 AMPosted by Calamity

yea this is literally the worst patch ever

Wrong.
Now people will get to paragon 100 3 times as fast.

Wrong.
The dueling is pointless without rankings or rewards no one will be doing that 2 weeks after the patch.

Wrong.
The crafting is useless.

Wrong.
The new gems were a terrible idea.

Wrong.
all the other patches made improvements that everyone liked.

Right! Congrats!
this patch blows

Wrong.

One for seven! Better luck next time!

no, 0 for 7. not ALL patches have made improvements everyone liked.. lest we forget patch 1.0.6. lol i remember all the hate for it NOT having added anything lol
Reply Quote

And why do half of the people that complain look like they have hardly even played the game? I do not understand.

i like the cut of your jib my friend. lol i enjoy d3, it's a beautifully designed game. the story is very nostalgic which i will say kinda bums me out as i wish the story didn't feel like d1 and d2 smashed together. everything feels recycled. but it's still enjoyable. the art as i said is wonderful, i love finding gear. unlike most people on these forums, i do get legendary/ set drops, and while they may not be top tier, they still sell. people wanting more/ better drops obviously never PLAYED d2, as it was quite difficult to find your way through that game, but eventually you got there. patience is the thing i notice missing from this game. it's in short supply. everyone wants everything right now, from pvp to content and gear.. it's disgusting how people trash talk a game they obviously never understood and probably were just trying to make a quick buck. yea there's a rmah, but if you don't make money the first 6 months playing, you quit out of boredom? i know diablo games are about the long haul, so i just plug away so i can save up enough wealth for when the time comes.
Reply Quote

And you complaining about the complainers does nothing but make you feel better about other people complaining about the game.

They gutted half the crap from beta for profit. Why the hell shouldn't we be sour?
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 2/5/2013 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
agreed, worthless patch from a lazy team
#$%% they can't even update server status to show it is up after maintenance.
hurry up and get a new game director to crack a few heads
Reply Quote
Who cares. This game died months ago. Until they fix the itemization there is no reason to play.
Reply Quote

It took me over 600 million for my last 2 levels... and I did it at mp0, which anyone can do at blazing speeds. So yes it's fair to say that you can get 750 million xp over the course of the weekend. But it would take a fair amount of time, 12 to 25 hours. (obviously if you at the 25 hour end of the spectrum, I wouldn't classify that as casual time.)

@Poobah
Off topic here, but your barb is freaking awesome.
Edited by thhoj#1551 on 2/5/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]