Diablo® III

Dreaded affix combos. . .

So I was testing a variation of my DH build last night, and I encountered two mobs at the same time. Normally not an issue, but I was rolling w/out a follower at the time. One pack had Jailer/Illusionist/Mortar and the other pack had Desecrator/Fast/Extra health.

It kinda sucked really bad. I think it was more psychologically difficult than actually dangerous. . .because I lived. . .but it really got the heart racing. There was enemies and bombs and desecration pools and all kinds of crap flying everywhere.

What affix combos make you nervous?
Edited by WhiteOwl#1550 on 2/5/2013 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
I play a wizard so the one I typically look out for is Vortex/Molten because as I kill the minions and they are exploding, the main guy can bring you in and that is when things get messy.

Another one is Waller/Desecrator. That's not really a big deal as I can teleport out but when it happens on stairs, it can screw up my targeting and then it gets scary if you mess that up.

And I guess lastly is anything with Reflect damage:) I don't have a life leech weapon or enough life regen so it affects me.
Reply Quote
I particularly hate the packs that have 'special traits' on top of their affixes, ie Tremors with knockback, Lacunis with Leap attack+desolator attack. So its like they an extra affix!

While there are so many affixes, I think I hate Fast the most. Pretty simple affix but when combined with other affixes, it makes it hard to escape if you ever need to run away which is deadly.
Reply Quote
You know, I'm not too picky about what affixes I get on elites. Mostly, I can handle any particular combo. But any double pack by the Act 3 Key Warden and I'm going to be in trouble. Any 8 affixes with that guy and it makes me think twice about key farming again.
Reply Quote
Only thing that gets me playing cautious is when I see wallers in a confined space. If they have waller plus frozen, desecrator then ultra cautious.

Like near a stair well, or narrow hallways. Wallers plus frozen in those situations really suck. If I ever get trapped by the walls then chain frozen it gets my heart racing.

Other combo that get my spidey senses up are arcane with vortex. Getting grabbed and losing a lot of life for touching a beam gets interesting.
Reply Quote
Mallet lords with teleport or votex kinda scare me because they hit hard...
Reply Quote
I hate chains, fast combo. Stuff like walls and freeze I can escape pretty easy but fast is something that I just cant run from and when they have chains its like a nightmare.
Reply Quote
Phase Beasts Champion (built in teleport that does not count as an affix), then affixes that keep you from escaping, vortex, jailer, frozen... + horde and mortars or arcane beams cuz the horde guys are shooting off crap everywhere!
Reply Quote
To whom it may concern,

I do not scare. I don't never, ever, scared.

Love,
Chauster
Edited by Bnetplayer#11398 on 2/5/2013 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Immune Minions, Horde, Frozen, Molten with the minions being frozen / molten. OHHHH YEAH this game was hard at one point. Now its e-z sauce.
Reply Quote
As a monk, I'm always wary of fire chains + nightmarish combo, regardless of the mob. Several times, when I'm between fire chains, and the fear procs, my char gets somewhat bugged - like he throws punches, but they dont deal any dmg or proc anything (almost like wat happens when u get dc), and it keeps up until i just move arnd a bit.

Also wary about fire chains + electrified - I seem to proc the dashing strike bug a lot when I'm fighting packs with either of these 2 affixes.
Reply Quote
How about a dual pack having:
1- Vortex frozen desecrator nightmarish on morlu incinerators (hello fast knocback)
2- Arcane molten waller horde
In stairs or confined space. You can't escape. You can't hit. You're getting drained. This combo actually halted my progress in Act 4 at SS2. I was ready, now I'm scared again :)

Lab.
Reply Quote
Only've played up to MP 2 so far so nothing really makes me nervous yet.
Reply Quote
I play a wizard so the one I typically look out for is Vortex/Molten because as I kill the minions and they are exploding, the main guy can bring you in and that is when things get messy.

I pretty much lived this last night with my wiz. I was going toe to toe with the champ and his minions with Diamond Skin on, killed 3 x minions and ran away, Champ vortexed me back right into all the molten explosions.

Luckily my teleport wasn't on cooldown so I popped out of there, I still took about a 40% life hit. Scared me enough to swap out a few items to increase my EHP.

The timing on the vortex + molten combo can be deadly.
Reply Quote
To whom it may concern,

I do not scare. I don't never, ever, scared.

Love,
Chauster

I don't scare per se. . .there are just certain affix combos that require 'additional attention'. Especially when you are engaged with multiple packs at once.
Reply Quote
Those exploding guys... +shield +vortex +Molten
Reply Quote
The fat guys that cast shields on one another with extra health and life link... Not scared of them but the take FOREVER to kill...
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Swisha
The fat guys that cast shields on one another with extra health and life link... Not scared of them but the take FOREVER to kill...

Oh yes, worse even, if they have a shielding affix
Reply Quote
Frozen, Molten, Fast, Vortex.
Reply Quote
I don't like the occultists. Not really an affix, but they're just annoying.
I'd also like to say that Hellfire Ring sucks and once again not an affix.

Arcane Sentry would have to be on top of the list for most unpredictable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]