Diablo® III

Where should the heroes from D2 be now?

As far as I know, the Warrior from D1 became the Dark Wanderer who later transformed into Diablo, and somehow he magically became Aiden, son of Leoric, instead of a passing by hero from the east.

The Rough from D1 was corrupted and became Blood Raven in D2, this is certain.
Though I read somewhere that the Summoner in Arcane Sanctuary was the Sorcerer from D1 supposedly, this might be before the story lore was reconstructed to what it is nowadays, or just my mistake.

Since storywise 20 years ago the three prime evils were defeated by a group of heroes(I presume 7 of them?), where are they now? Should we suppose they were hardcore characters and eventually one accident happened? It was nice to see the Necromancer's student and heard about him. What about the rest specifically? Such strong and unique individuals couldn't be unsung and impromenent by now and for so long.
Reply Quote
It is interesting that they decided to ignore the previous heroes for the most part. I don't know what could have lead them to such a decision.

Maybe can we assume that the Barbarian is the same guy, maybe he isn't (according to the official story, he isn't).
Reply Quote
The necromancer from D2 trained the necro that you meet in Act 2 of D3. We don't know what happened to the others. Since it was a group of heroes, they probably all went on to do different things. Even in D1 it was the "Battle of Tristram" according to Charsi (the blacksmith in D2). We know that one of the warriors was Aidan, one of the rogues was Blood Raven, and one of the sorcerers was the Summoner, but there were many other combatants involved.
Reply Quote
It's also implied in the Wizard short story that the Wizard's first mentor was the D2 sorceress, who later died at the hands of the D2 assassin. But that's not outright stated, it's just an inference.
Reply Quote
There was talks of TWO more expansion. Give it time, they've talked profusly about how they would incorporate the old heroes in some manner.

They might add little side quests here and there... who knows?
Reply Quote
If and when there is an expansion, it would trully be interesting if they gave us some clue as to what happened to the D2 characters.

The Barbarian - Well he could have headed back to the mountain, just before it was destroyed and eventually died trying to save his people.

The Palodian - Became a teacher of theTempler and well we all know what happened there.

The Soceress - Like was said above, she may have become a teacher as well, but was later killed by the assissan.

The Assissan - Probably meet her death, after she was discovered at the crime scene.

The Necro - Again he became a teacher (as mentioned above) and retired.

The Amazon - feed up with the man's world went home to her island and went to lead her people.

As for the Druid, we maybe he is in this game, just under a different name, maybe he joined the goat cult....
Reply Quote
Leah eludes to her father being a great warrior that fell when Tristram fell to the demons long ago, which means that one of the male D2 characters could have been Leah's father.
Reply Quote
I wrote a post that got deleted somehow. Anyways here goes:

Warrior = Aiden - Explained all over A1 D3

Rogue = Blood Raven - Explained by many NPCs (Mostly Kashya) in D2 A1

Sorcerer = False Horazon in Arcane Sanctuary in D2 Act 2.

The Barbarian was originally scripted to be the Barbarian we play now, but later changed for unknown reasons.

The Necromancer's fate is told by a side quest in A2. He became a teacher/mentor of sorts for the Cult of Rathma

The Sorceress from D2 is mentioned in one of the pre-release expanded stories that are currently on the website. (She assisted the Wizard if I remember correctly.)

A single Assassin is also mentioned in this story, but was never confirmed to be THE Assassin.

The Paladin, Druid, and Amazon don't have any lore telling what happened to them as far as I know.

All of this is from either books, lore panels or what have you.
Edited by Graverobber#1713 on 2/27/2013 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 11:23 AMPosted by TheDuke112
Leah eludes to her father being a great warrior that fell when Tristram fell to the demons long ago, which means that one of the male D2 characters could have been Leah's father.

Tristram fell after Diablo's defeat beneath the town. The Warrior embedded the soulstone into his forehead in an attempt to contain Diablo within himself. Even though the endings for all 3 classes are the same, for lore purposes, the deed was completed by the Warrior (Aiden)
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 11:23 AMPosted by TheDuke112

/sigh
Yes he was actually. The D A R K W A N D E R E R.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The Necro is the only one we know about.
As to where I think they should be?

1.) The Barbarian died at Arreat's collapse, he should be the one that kills Baal in lore, in my opinion.
2.) The Druid lost himself, having his world ravaged, he's now wandering the ruined tundra of the North as a Werebear(To be brought back at a later date)
3.) The Amazon returned home to recuperate and tell her people of the harrowing world.
4.) The Sorcereress and Assassin should've killed eachother. Spurning the Wizard forward to abandon the magi clans and seek out power and destiny on his own.
5.) The Paladin return to his order and began rebuilding it, with the aid and influence of the Necromancers(Who wish to return balance to the lands the Zakarum Religion controls)
6.) Did I forget anyone?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]