Diablo® III

dropping OWE

02/02/2013 05:17 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
now for a really awesome IK chest.

For reference iirc mine was somewhere in the 15-17m range.
Reply Quote
But is having OwE what is forcing me to get a second resist there at the expense of a dex/vit roll or life%? The answer to that, quite simply, is no. The answer is cost!

Yeah definitely. I can't remember who said, but its probably true that its easier to gear for AR from the beginning, than to get REALLY good single or double resists by using OWE and THEN trying to switch over.

But using OwE isn't what forced you to double stack your resists. I mean, what was to stop you from just getting what you wanted?

How much resist did you lose from dropping OwE and gearing for All Resist? And what would have happened if you had just dropped that much resist while continuing to use OwE?
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 2/2/2013 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Piffle
But using OwE isn't what forced you to double stack your resists. I mean, what was to stop you from just getting what you wanted?

Well, the main reason I used OWE at all in the past, was because of the difficulty. That was back in June-August though. I didn't play for about 10 weeks or so before coming back like 6 weeks ago. When I came back and realized how far behind (in the grand scheme of things) I was compared to so many others, I did some research and experimentation and in the end decided that I would rather get my defenses from items than skills or passives. That way I would be freed up to get offense from the skills, and I'd have the flexibility to get it in different ways. For example, currently in 1.0.6 in key/uber runs I often switch between which skills I run based on group composition. As I've said elsewhere, if I'm the only monk I run Overawe + Beacon usually, and in monk groups I run TON+GL. Sometimes I run Fleet Footed too. But its really nice to have these choices, while keeping CS at all times. These are the same reasons I rarely play with Serenity. It frees me up to choose between Fire Ally, FitL, BW, and TFIW depending on how I'm feeling, to fill two slots.

02/02/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Piffle
How much resist did you lose from dropping OwE and gearing for All Resist? And what would have happened if you had just dropped that much resist while continuing to use OwE?

I actually didn't lose much, maybe 100 resists. But I gained like 1.5k armor so it was still a mitigation upgrade. As far as your second question, I'm not quite sure.
Reply Quote
for the second question, you'd still have less resists, but would not have the free passive slot.
Reply Quote
when gearing up to a point where you got only 1-2 gears that had double stacked the single resit, having it on OwE or not is not really much difference. I was having 650phy res with OwE & 580AR w/o it some time ago that I felt the difference is not feasible to sacrifice a passive slot for it.

one of the reason in the past that I make the switchover is that I stack single resist only without AR (not double stacking) and while getting a perfect roll of 60phy is good on my inna radiance, getting 80AR is better!

and, eventually you will still lose out the money you spent in stacking single resist. I remember I bought my 60phy inna radiance @ 20mil that time, and sold off only 3mil after I got my AR radiance.
Reply Quote
I think everyone wants to eventually move away from OWE.

@gotaplanstan I'm not sure what you had before changing over, but there's no way for me to gain 1.5k armor... 500 maybe.

My thought is why not just stick with OWE for now realizing that eventually there will be more supply of AR items on the AH bringing prices down.
Reply Quote
best to just do it, i think. like pulling off a bandaid!
Reply Quote
@gotaplanstan I'm not sure what you had before changing over, but there's no way for me to gain 1.5k armor... 500 maybe.

My thought is why not just stick with OWE for now realizing that eventually there will be more supply of AR items on the AH bringing prices down.

Yeah, thats definitely true. Its mostly because of the 2pc IK's, and with higher end stuff (like you've got) its just not that viable.

Part of the reason for the change was what I've already said, but in the end its just a game and I'd be lying if I didn't mention the fact that I absolutely HATE how Inna's set looks lol. A big part of why I chose to try out IK's (after running it through d3 and seeing if it actually was viable too) was because I was on an xp run with some friends and a Eternal Reign dropped for one of them. It was absolute crap, but after he tried it on he passed it around for all of us to check out. I was instantly hooked lol. After that, it was just a matter of getting a decent pair of Jousting Mail and the look was complete :p
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 2/2/2013 7:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
i'm not even sure what the IK armour looks like on a female monk????
Reply Quote

Part of the reason for the change was what I've already said, but in the end its just a game and I'd be lying if I didn't mention the fact that I absolutely HATE how Inna's set looks lol. A big part of why I chose to try out IK's (after running it through d3 and seeing if it actually was viable too) was because I was on an xp run with some friends and a Eternal Reign dropped for one of them. It was absolute crap, but after he tried it on he passed it around for all of us to check out. I was instantly hooked lol. After that, it was just a matter of getting a decent pair of Jousting Mail and the look was complete :p

Completely agree that the Inna's chest is butt ugly. I also have a pretty sweet Tal Rasha's chest (see d3progress) that I'll break out after 1.07 comes out, but again it has the same fugly look lol.
Edited by InsuranceGuy#1986 on 2/2/2013 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 07:10 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
i'm not even sure what the IK armour looks like on a female monk????

It looks just as good on females as on males imo. Best looking leg/set chest for us if you ask me :p

Completely agree that the Inna's chest is butt ugly. I also have a pretty sweet Tal Rasha's chest (see d3progress) that I'll break out after 1.07 comes out, but again it has the same fugly look lol.

I'd take Tal's over Inna's any day but yeah I don't even like it that much either lol. At least you'll be able to dye it, but then you get to look at your monk's manly chest all the time lol.
Reply Quote
everyone stay away from the IK in the AH! that one's MINE! get away!
Reply Quote
wheres my popcorn I check mailbox everyday its still not there
Reply Quote
here it is! sorry, burnt the first bag in the microwave. smoke detector went off. had to fan it with a tea towel and open the doors for a while
Reply Quote
well dropped OWE at last , soo good though , is nothing special just a bit more freedom for the toon ,,
but anyway happy :D
Reply Quote
well dropped OWE at last , soo good though , is nothing special just a bit more freedom for the toon ,,
but anyway happy :D

Yet another happy customer, congratulation!
Reply Quote
No need OWE anymore, 201k dps monkey here at your service :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]