Diablo® III

Will Diablo3 Survive until the Expansion??

(Locked)

What do you think? **Question** Will Diablo 3 Survive until the Expansion Pack??

Your opinion may be different then mine and i dont fault you for it so dont fault me for mine

The way its going i think Diablo 3 will be dead or close to it by the time the Expansion Pack is due to be released and here is why, hear me out please! before you judge. Thank you!

Diablo 3 is lacking a sense of community, there is no atmosphere where you can hang out and interact with other random people part of the community of diablo 3. The Team aspect in diablo 3 is almost completely absent from the game if it wasnt for Ubers. Everything you do in the game is repetative and gets very old quick and boring due to the fact that you do it by your self instead of with a team or friends because it seems like its way more efficiant to do it by your self. The only end-game aspect diablo 3 has is going to be "Player vs. Player" and everything you do in the game is ultimately going to lead to you dueling at some point or another. Blizzard can not fix these issues unless they attack the core of diablo 3 and gut out its insides and replace them with a strong foundation that is well constructed around a sense of community, team aspect, actual ability that allows uniq character builds and always keeping in mind that end-game aspects of diablo3 are very important.

Blizzard after you release Patch 1.07, stop worrieng about patches and boot out Jay wilson, if im not mistaken his still on the team until patch 1.07 is live? So yea as soon as your done with patch 1.07 hire a new Game Director whose going to start working on the expansion pack where the team can transform them selfs into "Ray Lewis" and tackle the Core of Diablo 3 in order to Create a Well Constructed foundation that injects diablo 3 with end-game success.

The road that diablo 3 has been on since its release is the road to failure unless these important issues are addressed! What keeps me playing is "Hope" and "Diablo part of my DNA" from a young age that keeps me hoping that diablo 3 will reach its potential because i hate to see a game with such badass graphics go to waste.

This is my Opinion and you may have yours. I am a veteran of the diablo franchise and i know what made previous versions successful because it kept me playing even today, 2013 since 1998 and im only 27 with alot more years left to game :P!

Leggo Blizzard lets operate on diablo 3 and gut out its core and replace it with a Well Constructed Foundation so diablo 3 can reach its potential! "FINALLY"

I also apolagize if there is any mistakes in "English" in this post due to english being my third language but that still is not an excuse i should make.

Great Examples to bring a Sense of Community to our Battle.net 2.0!
**********************Must See*********************

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/

-NeLLy
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 2/2/2013 1:47 PM PST
Same boat as you, played since launch of d1, 2 years older though.. I've been posting the same stuff on the forums, they need to fire jay wilson and hire a new director at the very least. They shouldnt let the franchise die, the game is two blips away from a flatline as it is, and the upcoming 'pvp' patch doesnt look like its going to ressurect it

I totally agree,diablo was about team play, multiplayer, and the community.. The game as it is is just a glorified single player flop with a chat window, theres almost no incentive to play with others. Blizzard since the launch of battle.net has been all about the multiplayer experience. They practically invented the damn idea of multiplayer online gaming only to bring out Diablo3 and tank the franchise that brought them there. Oh well, we cry, they dont try, I'm done with you blizzard, its not like we were rushing you on this title or anything!
Edited by choc#1115 on 2/1/2013 2:08 PM PST
Jup. Well said.

*But people should try to actually not get to much on Jay, I mean maybe he tried his best you know. He is only a human
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 2/1/2013 2:08 PM PST
Depends what your definition of "survive" is. It will probably be under 10% of the player base the game had a month after launch.

The game has a lot of fixing to do before I'm going to spend time on it again.
Well, he must be an ignoramus then! He is the director, the head honcho, he made this steaming turd and now hes is choosing to ignore what the community is saying.

The game is already half-dead, but its hard to gauge who actually plays this game, as there's really nothing to do once you've got to the end besides farm, and once youve farmed theres nothing to do with the farmed items except play show n tell. So its almost impossible to tell who are the bots/snipers/chinese farmers/etc from the 'players' which are few and far between.
Edited by choc#1115 on 2/1/2013 2:12 PM PST
If we can judge... by looking at Sc2 HotS, all the social aspects are going to be implemented in the XPAC.

Aside from that, they need content that is far more rewarding when doing it as a team. Ubers are not enough. A "survive the longest ladder" could be one of the many things they could throw in to make team play more interesting.
Jup. Well said.

*But people should try to actually not get to much on Jay, I mean maybe he tried his best you know. He is only a human

thanks man and i do agree what you said about jay

The Diablo Franchise and Warcraft franchise are part of my DNA, i grew up playing these games and so Blizzard is responsible for alot of my fun i had when i engaged in these great games but i dont and never will understand why Blizzard wanted to go in a new and different direction from what Blizzard North achieved. Is it becaue they wanted to proof they can do better or same? i dont know but i do know that they have failed with Diablo3 and they still can restore diablo3's reputation and blizzards reputation and for some reason i feel as they dont want to or simply dont care.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 2/6/2013 7:25 AM PST
D3 will "survive"?

It sold more copies than any other game, remember? Huge potential base of x-pack buyers. Plus Blizz has some egg on its face from the on-going issues. Huge incentive for them to fix it.
Well, he must be an ignoramus then! He is the director, the head honcho, he made this steaming turd and now hes is choosing to ignore what the community is saying.

The game is already half-dead, but its hard to gauge who actually plays this game, as there's really nothing to do once you've got to the end besides farm, and once youve farmed theres nothing to do with the farmed items except play show n tell. So its almost impossible to tell who are the bots/snipers/chinese farmers/etc from the 'players' which are few and far between.

again, i agree.

When diablo 3 was in its beta stages alot of veterans were critisizing it and it was ignored. They should of listend to veterans because we know whats successful "trust us" lol... but they didnt and veterans are the people who were looking forward to diablo3 the most.
02/01/2013 02:05 PMPosted by kingchoc
they need to fire jay wilson and hire a new director at the very least.

02/01/2013 02:12 PMPosted by NeLLy
i agree

Jay is soon to be leaving the D3 team and they are getting a new director, old news. o.o

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592242994
Edited by VitaminEZ#1454 on 2/1/2013 2:19 PM PST
D3 will "survive"?

It sold more copies than any other game, remember? Huge potential base of x-pack buyers. Plus Blizz has some egg on its face from the on-going issues. Huge incentive for them to fix it.

you have a good point.
Jup. Well said.

Watch the video (all 20+ mins) of their original design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvThjiE038

Then after you've done that, come back here and reply to this question. Do you STILL think they tried their best?

Seen it, this is why I give the development team such a hard time... especially Jay Wilson...

And looking at the SC2 HoTS expansion and all the killer stuff they are going to implement and have implemented since the launch of SC2 is amazing! Clearly a different, less peon like dev team. This is the perfect example for all the kids who say 'THERES NO MONEY IN IT FOR BLIZZ, THATS WHY THEY DONT UPDATE NO MONTHLY FEE' SC2 has no monthly fee, yet they update all the time, and implement huge things, and thats just one example of many titles....

^^^^^
WHOA WILSONS GONE? OLD NEWS? Lol, its like a week old! Wow, I guess they do listen to our griping, and they may ressurect the title after all
Edited by choc#1115 on 2/1/2013 2:21 PM PST
they need to fire jay wilson and hire a new director at the very least.

i agree

Jay left the D3 team and they are getting a new director, old news. o.o

please dont quote me that i agreed on the reply of "they need to fire jay wilson and hire a new director at the very least"

i did not agree on that, i agreed @Crnivuhk reply and many others except that 1
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 2/1/2013 2:20 PM PST
Unfortunately it is dead now. Personally I haven't played in almost a month. I logged in last night just to see what some of the players I used to play with were up to and most of them hadn't been on in weeks, some 3 or 4 weeks. Only 1 or 2 people had played in the last couple days.

I don't claim to have a very big friends list, but at the moment, D3 looks like a ghost town to me. I haven't packed up and moved on from a Blizzard product so fast, basically ever. I played D2 for almost 10 years.
Jay Wilson is still around the D3 team i believe until the patch 1.07 is live, thats when his off the team officially and then its time for new game director so jay is still relevent until 1.07 is history.
02/01/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Gardrell
Unfortunately it is dead now.

I think you're correct. Diabloprogress fluctuates between 2000 and 4000 users in-game, which I have to believe is close to accurate.

Man i hate to admit this but there is less and less items in the auction house then there was before and more and more of my d3 friends are leaving diablo 3 :( but i still have a few here and there left, friends i have for over 10 years now. We all are veterans of d2 hoping d3 will reach its potential.
@Duban, you have such a strong valid point that blizzard has an incentive to fix diablo 3 due to the fact they dont want to fail (I believe) and want to restore reputation amongst critics.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]